- Ruby and Sapphire decided to switch Masters because Rin and Luvia couldn't stop fighting. When they tried to include their respective Class Cards, the Kaleidosticks ended their contracts. Midair. A few hundred meters above the ground.
- Illya is a big fan of anime and magical girls. That's why she is extremely Genre Savvy, even more so in the manga.
- Illya's reaction when Ruby showed up to make her into a magical girl:
Illya: Way too fishy...
Ruby: Ah, I bet you think this is way too fishy!
- When she notices Miyu to be around the same age as her, she immediately figures out that Miyu will transfer to her class the next day. Ruby even lampshades how cliché this development is.
- When Ruby concludes that they need to fly to hit Caster, Rin notes how difficult it is. However, Illya easily flies, because:
Illya: Don't all magical girls fly?
- Ruby in general really loves teasing Illya and Rin. There are way too many scenes, but here's an example: In the last third of Episode 1, where the story proceeds to skewer various magical girl tropes, with poor Illya along for the ride while the mildly psychopathic Ruby takes the opportunity to take revenge on Rin. What really makes the whole thing perfect is the brilliant voice acting, never faltering in that sickeningly sweet tone:
Ruby: Very well. Illya-san, point me towards Rin-san while saying "damn you" in your head.
Illya: Um. (points Ruby at Rin) *half-hearted* Damn yoooouuu.
Rin: (Rin's getting electrocuted) AAAAAHHHHH!
Illya: (shocked) Whoa, it shot something!
Ruby: Fufu. Illya-san's answer is as follows: "I'm not giving this stick to anybody. Go back to where you came from, you twintailed hag!"
Illya: I didn't say that!
Rin: (starts shooting Gandr shots) WHAT WAS THAT FOR!? TAKE THIS!
- There are so many Mythology Gags in this series. For instance, at the end of the first chapter, instead of Saber asking whether Shirou is her Master...
Rin: From now on, you will be my Servant!
- Illya is getting really excited when she finds a letter addressed to her. Ruby immediately thinks it's a love letter and Illya is getting all flustered and blushes. When she opens the letter:
Rin: Tonight at midnight, come to the highest point in the schoolyard. If you don't show up, I'll (striked-through) kill you come for you.
[cut to Illya and Ruby showing very disappointed faces]
Ruby: Shall we go home, Illya-san?
- Rin's "love letter" is a reference to the Heaven's Feel route, where Shirou receives a very similar letter from Rin. Note
- In episode two, Ruby tries to teach Illya how to use a magical girl's strongest weapon. Illya is supposed to do a twirl, place her fingers on her cheeks and give a nice smile. When she tries it a few times and still doesn't see any weapon:
Ruby: Very cute indeed.
Illya: You are just making fun of me! Ruby, you are definitely making fun of me!
Ruby: What are you talking about? A magical girl's number one weapon is her cuteness!
Illya: I've never heard of something like that!
- Speaking of embarassing things, Illya does her transformation in a restroom because it happens in real-time, with all the music and light effects, and she finds it extremely embarassing.
- Illya has no idea how to fight the Rider card. So when Ruby tells her to make some distance, she immediately runs away.
- Miyu is way too intelligent for an Elementary School student to the shock of everyone, including Taiga. Miyu's confused look when told there was no need to solve for the volume of a cone with an integral is priceless.
- Chapter/Episode 4 starts with Illya, Miyu, Rin and Luvia jumping into the Mirror World to retrieve the next card. 5 minutes/one page later they are back in the real world, utterly defeated.
- "RUBY EYE POKE!" (never try to bully her little sister Sapphire)
- "RUBY DUAL CHOP!"
- "RUBY FOREHEAD FLICK!!"
- Illya can fly without any difficulties because she assumes it's natural for magical girls. So what happens when Luvia orders Miyu to do the same?
Miyu: Human beings... are not meant to fly!
- And what does Luvia decide to do when Miyu is having difficulties with learning it? She throws Miyu out of a freaking helicopter!
- The Anime gives us, Don't Think, Imasine!!!◊ Though it's fixed in the Blu-ray release.
- Luvia is accusing Rin to be stingy because Rin used less jewels to finish off Caster. Rin may not be poor, but she is nowhere near Luvia's level of wealthiness.
- Illya and Miyu Take a Third Option and throw their sticks to Rin and Luvia to save them and defeat Saber Alter. When the two of them become temporary magical girls, Ruby starts the teasing again:
Ruby: But as usual... Aren't you embarassed to wear such clothes at your age...?
- During the intense fight between Archer Illya and Saber Alter, from the ground, Sapphire appears and acts very out of character:
Sapphire: ARE YOU ALRIGHT, MIYU-SAMA?!
- Episode 6's ED card: Go Back to Camelot and take your clones with you!◊
- Illya really has strange dreams...
Illya: When I grow up, I want to be a cat...
- And when she does wake up, she's extremely bored because she has a fever and can't do anything besides sleeping.
- The first scene that usually comes to mind is Illya utterly freaking out over Miyu's maid uniform. When Illya sees Miyu in her uniform, she talks about a strange switch in a similar way she narrated her fight against Saber Alter, and ends up mounting Miyu while wearing an expression◊ that would be more appropriate on a psychotic thrill-killer than a girl who thinks maids are cute. Poor Miyu. Then again, Miyu's face is kinda... orgasmic (?)
- Ruby even scolds Illya for overdoing it and tells Illya to apologize:
Illya: Please forgive me. It's the fault of that strange switch.
- Sapphire is sending her memories via USB-port to Ruby to show her how Illya managed to defeat Saber, though Ruby is acting rather funny.
Ruby: Haa, haa... You didn't play along, Sapphire-chan. Nee-chan is lonely...
Sapphire: No need for dumb games, Nee-san.
- Illya almost killed everyone when she nuked Assassin. How does she react when she remembers this and how she defeated the previous card? She teleports away and leaves everyone else dumbfounded.
- Illya is very depressed after Rin relieved her from her magical girl duties. Then her mother Iri shows up out of nowhere and wants to take a bath with Illya "to improve [their] mother-daughter relationship".
- Iri acts very serious when she reveals things about Illya's hidden power. When Illya asks for more details:
Illya: Mama... you knew? About my power? Then tell me! What is that power? What do I-
Illya: Wha... Don't play dumb so suddenly, Mama!
Iri: Well... it's like the saying "It's meaningless if you don't realize it on your own." or "It is too early for that.", don't you agree?
Illya: What the hell!?
Iri: (chops Illya) Aaaaah, geez!! Don't argue with me!
Illya: DVExplanation !?
- Miyu seems to cling on Illya a bit too much the day after they retrieved all cards. Whether she only sees Illya as her Heterosexual Life Partner or whether there is more is up to debate.
Miyu: The only friend I'll have for life is you. Other people don't matter, do they?
Nanaki: What are you saying!?
Suzuka: And that's a very strange way to interpret friendship!
Illya: (I-I don't get it! Well, that's nothing new, but I have no idea at all what Miyu is thinking!)
Tatsuko: Damn you, Illya! You unlocked the Miyu route that we wanted to get!
- Luvia manages to steal Rin's Class Cards and flees on a helicopter to get all the credit and become Zelretch's pupil. What does Rin do? She brings down the helicopter and lets Luvia kiss the ground. And then she is told that both her and Luvia need to learn some manners and stay in Japan for another year. Cue enraged Rin destroying her phone.