- "My name is Gregory Goyle and I smell." Written next to the entry on trolls for bonus points.
- The book's intro talks about how wizardkind sought to differentiate between "beings" and "beasts", with the first classification of a "being" being anything that walks on two legs. This subsequently leads to chaos at a meeting of all these "beings": trolls smash the place up, hags look for children to eat, and Augureys make a huge din. Ultimately, the wizard in charge of opening the meeting runs cursing from the hall after slipping on some Porlock dung.
- This conversation scrawled on the first page:
Harry: This book belongs to Harry Potter.Ron: Shared by Ron Weasley because his fell apart.Hermione: Why don't you buy a new one then?Ron: Write on your own book, Hermione.Hermione: You bought all those Dungbombs on Saturday, you could have bought a new book instead.Ron: Dungbombs rule.
- And of course Janus Thickey's "last words", a scribbled note saying:
"Oh no, a Lethifold's got me, I'm suffocating"
- And later it turned out that he was actually having an affair with a local barmaid. Naturally, his wife was not pleased.
- The trailer gives us an epic battle of wits between a Staten Island customs officer and Newt Scamander, the worst liar in history.
Officer: First trip to America?Newt: Yes.(some sort of creature shuffles around in Newt's suitcase and Newt desperately tries to cover it up)Newt: ...I must get that fixed.Officer: Anything edible in there?(Newt quickly checks to make sure his suitcase is Muggle Worthy)Newt: Um...uh...no. No.Officer: Any livestock?(the officer checks the suitcase and sees only normal contents)Newt: No.Officer: (beat) Welcome to New York.
- The ending of the official teaser has Newt descend into his suitcase while Jacob watches with wide eyes, a mug halfway to his mouth. Then Newt whistles, his hand beckoning from the suitcase, and Jacob can only point at himself in bewilderment.
- The San Diego Comic-Con trailer shows us a magical beast going after Newt and a row of No-Maj policemen facing each other in a standoff... and then cuts to Newt and Jacob smiling and clapping like it's their reaction to the previous scene.
- Tina explains the escape of the magical creatures to the MACUSA, then sets a briefcase on the floor and knocks on it. Newt emerges, only visible from the chest up.