open/close all folders
Works with their own pages:
- A Boy A Girl And A Dog The Leithian Script
- A Demon Among Devils
- A Dragon Of The North
- Ace Combat: Equestria Chronicles
- The Adventures Of Irving And Friends
- A Different Kind Of Truth
- Aeon Entelechy Evangelion
- Agent Loki International Man Of Mayhem
- All You Need Is Love
- Alone Together
- Alternative Gods
- AMV Hell
- And The Meek Shall Inherit The Galaxy
- The Annoying Mole A Hetalia Trollfic
- Anti-Cliché and Mary-Sue Elimination Society
- Ashes of the Past
- Article 2
- A Shadow Of The Titans
- Avatar The Last Airbender Non Canon
- Average Joe In Bullet Hell
- Bag Enders
- Bart The General
- Battle Fantasia Project
- Battle Of The Luminaries
- Beautiful Destroyer Sailor Moon
- Being Dead Aint Easy
- Big Hero 6 Non Canon
- Big Human On Campus
- Black Crayons
- Bleach: Happy to Serve You
- Blood Raining Night
- Blood That Flows
- Blue Sky
- The Book Of Life Non Canon
- Bound Destinies Trilogy
- Brave New World
- Breaking Point
- Breaking The Deal
- A Brief History of Equestria
- Bringing Out The Blue
- Broken Bow
- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series
- The Capitol Series
- The Captain Of The Virtual Console
- Cat Tales
- Chaos Theory
- Tokyo Little Shop
- Child Of The Storm
- Chunin Exam Day
- Code Geass: Cornelia of the Defection
- Code Geass Megiddo
- A Complete Turnabout
- Connecting The Dots
- Conquest Quest
- Cori Falls
- Crisis Equestria
- Crowns of the Kingdom
- A Cure for Love
- D Reincarnation
- The Dark Lords Of Nerima
- DC Nation
- Deliver Us From Evil Series
- The Detective and the Diplomat
- Detective Conan Non Canon
- Diamond In The Rough
- A Different Lesson
- Doctor Whooves The Series
- Dragon Ball Multiverse
- The Dragon King's Temple
- Drawn With The Night
- Dreaming Of Sunshine
- The Dresden Fillies
- Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
- Dungeon Keeper Ami
- The Dusk Guard Saga
- Ebony Darkness Dementia Raven Way Vs Canon
- Elemental Chess Trilogy
- The Elements of Harmony and the Savior of Worlds
- The End of the Affair
- Enemy Of My Enemy
- Equal And Opposite Attraction
- Erins Total Magical Adventure
- Evangelion 303
- Eva Possibilities And Fusion Pandemonium
- Facing The Future Series
- Fail To The King
- Fairy Without Wings
- Fallout: Equestria
- FateBlack Reflection
- Fate: Reach Out
- Fate Stay Night: Ultimate Master
- Fate/Zero Sense
- Fever Dreams
- First Try Series
- Flight Of The Condor
- Fobbies Are Borange
- Forbiden Fruit: The Tempation of Edward Cullen
- For Good
- Fortune & Romance
- From Fake Dreams
- Frozen Non Canon
- Frozen Wight
- Game Theory
- Garfield Royal Rescue
- Gensokyo 20XX
- The German Risk AAR
- Ghost, Ghost, I Know You Live Within Me
- The Girl From Whirlpool
- Glorious Shotgun Princess
- Gods Of This New World
- The Great Slave King
- A Growing Affection
- Guide Me Home
- The Gulch Verse
- Half-Life: Full Life Consequences
- Halkegenia Online
- Hans Von Hozel
- A Happy Dream
- The Harmon Verse
- Harry Potter And The Invincible Technomage
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
- Harry Potter And The Nightmares Of Futures Past
- A Heart Of Gold
- Herding Cats
- Her Royal Suitors
- The Hill of Swords
- Hogyoku Ex Machina
- Hope Springs Eternal
- Hunters Of Death
- Hunting The Unicorn
- If Bella Were Sane
- Imperfect Metamorphosis
- The Infinite Loops
- In Flight
- In Times Of Trouble
- It Takes a Village
- I Won't Say
- Just An Unorthodox Thief
- Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox
- Kyon Big Damn Hero
- The Last Spartan
- The Legend Of Korra Non Canon
- Legolas By Laura
- Life In 16 Flavors
- Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami
- The Lion King Adventures
- The Lion Of Ivalice
- Long Road To Friendship
- Lucina Reacts
- The Magic Of Torchwood
- Maim de Maim
- Manchester Lost
- Mass Effect Human Revolution
- Material Days
- Max Wolf Revolutions
- Mega Man: Defender of the Human Race
- Mega Man Reawakened
- Mega Man Recut
- Mighty Morphin Mecha Rangers
- Mobile Fighter Evangelion
- Moon Daughter
- My Immortal
- My Inner Life
- My Inner Life Adaptations
- My Little Denarians
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Non-Canon)
- My Little Portal
- My Little Unicorn
- My Stupid Reality
- Nareto The Scret Of Shiobi
- Naruto Non Canon
- Naruto: the Secret Songs of the Ninja
- Ned Stark Lives
- Negaverse Chronicles
- Nerve Damage
- Never Had A Friend Like Me
- New Look Series
- Nobody Dies
- Nobody Dies: Six AIs One Continent
- No Gods, Only Guns
- The North Remembers
- The Official Unofficial Ouendan EBA Formspring RP
- Of Love and Bunnies
- Of Mice And Mayhem
- Oh God Not Again
- Once Again
- Once More with Feeling
- One Less Lonely Gurl
- One Piece: Parallel Works
- On Strange Wings
- Past Sins
- A Piece Of Rebellion
- Pink Personal Hell And Altering Fate
- Planktons Eye View
- Point Of Succession
- Poké Wars
- Pokemon Black & White: Tale of a Legend
- Pony POV Series
- Power Rangers GPX
- Power Rangers Guardians Of Gaia
- The Prayer Warriors
- Protoculture Effect
- Queen Of All Oni
- Queen Of Shadows
- Rainbooms and Royalty
- RainbowDoubleDash's Lunaverse
- Random Doom
- Rapunzel Goes Home
- Razors Edge
- React Watch Believe Yikes
- Redaction Of The Golden Witch
- Reimagined Enterprise
- The Reprint And Repackaging Of Evangelion
- Re Revenge Of The Island An Alternate Reality
- Respect A Woman
- Resuscitatio Artium Magicarum
- Rosario Vampire: Brightest Darkness
- Rose Of Pollux
- RWBY Reckoning
- Ryuugis The Games We Play
- The Saga Of Avatar Korra
- Sailor Moon Z
- Sean Bean Saves Westeros
- Seven Days In Sunny June
- Scott Pilgrim Vs Snow Flower And The Secret Hall Pass
- Shadows Awakening
- Swimming In Terror
- Teh Screaming Of The Lambs
- The Second Try
- The Second Hand Fool
- The Secret Life of Dolls
- The Secret Life Of The Backyard Kids
- Selleck Waterfall Sandwich
- Series Thirty and Three Quarters
- Shinji And Warhammer 40 K
- The Shoebox Project
- A Snowflake In Spring
- Soul Chess
- Souls Reborn
- Spiders And Magic Rise Of Spider Mane
- The Stalking Zuko Series
- Starkits Prophecy
- Starlight Over Detrot
- Stars Above
- Steven Universe Non Canon
- A Sticky Situation
- Strike Witches Quest
- A Study in Regret
- Supper Smash Bros Mishonh From God
- System Restore
- The Tainted Grimoire
- Tainted Ideals
- Takamachi Nanoha Of 2814
- Tales Of Bleach Unreal Society
- Tamers Forever Series
- Tangled Adventures In Arendelle
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Solvernia
- The Tangled Princess Bride
- Team 8
- That Epic Plan
- Thats Why They Call It The Present
- Thawing Permafrost
- The Strex Family
- Things We Dont Tell Humans
- Thirty Hs
- Thousand Shinji
- Threadbare South Park
- Tiberium Wars
- Time Mix Up
- To Aruverse Rewrite Project
- Total Drama Brains VS Brawns
- Total Drama Equestria
- Total Drama Letterz
- Total Magic Pony Island
- Toy Hammer
- Trials Of The God Harem King
- The Translation in Blood
- The Truth Decays
- Turnabout Storm
- TSA The Amazing Spiderman
- Twila The Girl Who Waz In Luv With A Vampyre
- Unequally Rational And Emotional
- The Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine
- Uninvited Guests
- Vault Hunters Wanted
- A Very Muppets Mystery
- The Vinyl Scratch Tapes
- The Walking Dead: Real Monsters
- Walking In The Shadow Of Dreams
- Weasley Girl
- We're All Doomed
- Weiss Reacts
- When In Doubt Obliviate
- With Strings Attached
- The Wizard in the Shadows
- A World of Laughter, a World of Tears
- The World Without The War
- Yet Again With A Little Extra Help
- Young Justice: Darkness Falls
- Young Justice Titans
- Shattered Darkness
- Zero 2 A Revision
- Zulu Squad No Tsukaima
Avatar: The Last Airbender / Legend of Korra
- All of The Worst Foursome Ever. In order to have a baby that looks just like the two of them, Azula and Ty Lee ask Zuko to knock Ty Lee up. With Mai, Azula, and Mai and Zuko's baby present. Hilarity Ensues.
Azula: You're doing it wrong, Zuzu.Zuko: I am NOT doing it wrong!
- The first two lines:
- Serious Business deals with Korra using the Avatar State to ask Aang about dating advice. Highlights include:
- Aang's comment about the spirit world being rather boring for the previous Avatars.
- Tenzin's apparent lack of tact when wooing Pema; apparently, he shouted his love poems to her when she was passing by.
- "Do you want a cup of tea to go with your senseless violence?" "Yes."
- Aang's horror when Korra asks how Katara would woo someone like Zuko.
- The last line. Mentioning it would spoil the punchline.
- This exchange from Two No More:
Toph: Oh, stop worrying, Grumpy. We're just going to have some fun. I know that's a difficult concept for you...F-U-N.Zuko: Uh, okay, but Mai and I do have fun.Toph: I'm talking about outside the bedroom, Grumps.Zuko: We do it outside the bedroom. (realizes what he said, clamps a hand over his mouth and blushes)Toph: That's too much information.Zuko: I, uh, have a meeting to go to. *hurries out of the room*
- From Chasing The Dragon, while trying to convince Azula to testify at Ozai's trial, she and Zuko engage in sibling bickering.
Azula: I sometimes wonder; did mother ever have an affair with a flying lemur? Because I have no idea how I have such a half-wit for a brother!Zuko: At least I'm not insane.Azula: At least I'm not the one asking advice from a crazy person.Zuko: At least I have people who care about me.Azula: At least I'm not stupid, ugly, AND fat.Zuko: I'm not fat. And besides, I look just like you, so who's the stupid one now?Azula: Let me ask the voices in my head. Oh my, it's unanimous. First thing they've agreed on all year. You are! You're the stupid one!Zuko: You're insane!Azula: I know I am but what are you? Oh, that's right. Stupid. Fat. Ugly.Zuko: At least people still like me. You may be smart and pretty but you have nobody!Azula: Because you stole them all!Zuko: So what does that say about you?
Dr. Du Yi: (loudly and slowly) Do...you...know...where...you...are...right...now?Azula: (blank expression, imitating him) Yes. In...the...office...of...a...buffoon.He crossed out unresponsive.
- Azula sassing her doctor at the mental ward, who at first thinks she is unresponsive.
- One chapter of the fic Like Father, Like Daughter has Azula requesting a Royal Harem for herself from Ozai. Their conversation and Ozai's thoughts on the matter are funny enough, but the last few lines are absolutely hilarious.
Ozai: So...you want seven, group-willing, submissive men from the Fire Nation, preferably non-benders and of high-class descent?Azula: Yes, sounds about right. (Beat) Wait. Did you say men?Ozai: Of course...Azula: I want women.Ozai's brain just about exploded.
Azula: You're the one who sired me. It's your fault that I'm here.Ozai: Well, then apologies for my seed being successful.Ozai: Seriously, Azula. We could break out of here. Father and daughter. Phoenix King and Fire Lord.Azula: I believe someone melted your chicken helmet for some copper pieces.Ozai: Chicken helmet?!
- In a later chapter, Azula and Ozai are imprisoned together sometime after Sozin's Comet, and we get these lines:
- The +100 chapter short story collection The Ember Island Lighthouse has several:
Young!Azula: Let's play [the game] where we shove Zuko to the ground! But you girls have to pay attention so that you learn properly.Young!Ty Lee: (excitedly hopping up and down) YAY I'M GONNA BE SMART!Azula and Mai traded glances, but held their tongues.
- In chapter 8, Zuko and Iroh talk about Zuko getting together with Mai, and at the very end, Iroh casually says, "You and the waterbender would have made handsome babies, though." It makes Zuko drop his teacup in surprise.
- At the end of chapter 18, when it's revealed what Zuko was complaining about all chapter: Sokka convinced Iroh to make a giant cup of tea, Iroh fell in, and Zuko jumped in fully robed to save him.
- Chapter 27 has Zuko thinking about all the girls he has kissed. His descriptions of what it was like with Mai and Toph are detailed and romantic, but he only has one thought about the last girl: 'Katara tasted like fish.'
- Chapter 48: "Oh, glorious Agni in the sky above forbid I'm not in the exact right spot going into the fourth hour of this rehearsal!"
- The entirety of Chapter 64, in which Azula, Ty Lee, and Mai tell a round-robin story at their sleepover. Their clashing personalities and storytelling styles are what makes it hilarious.
- These lines from Chapter 78:
Young!Ozai: (after they're spotted) Tactical retreat, Zhao. Tactical retreat. Negative jing at its finest.
- Chapter 84: A teenaged Ozai, upon learning he's engaged to Ursa, attempts to woo his new fiancee to get her to love him. He decides that this involves spying on her to learn more about her, and enlists Zhao's help in doing so. As Ozai apparently knows less about flirting than his daughter, this fails miserably.
- Chapter 85: The characters' reactions to discovering that there are smut books being written about them. This line from Zuko (after he finds out Mai actually likes them) deserves special mention: "Mai, are you a pervert?"
- Chapter 96: Suki nailing Ruon Jian right in the crotch.
- Chapter 109 has the real reason Sozin planned to conquer the world: his (female) harem all quit and left him, partially because he insisted that they answer to "Roku."
- From Field Of Innocence, a young Lu Ten somehow managed to light Iroh's (metal) tsungi horn on fire by accident. Even he doesn't know how it happened.
- In Morality Chain, Zuko recounting what happened during the Siege of the North, to Azula's complete confusion.
Zuko: Uncle didn't betray anyone - he had the Fire Nation's best interests at heart, and now it's all come crashing down for him. This is even worse than exile - he's a fugitive, and he's alone. I mean, I know he told me he'd be fine, but he's old and alone. Uncle was right to protect the koi fish!Azula: The...koi fish.Zuko: Well, the moon spirit or whatever. The point is that Zhao shouldn't have tried to kill the moon.Azula: ...Kill the moon.Zuko: Yes! And then the Avatar wouldn't have merged with the ocean and created the giant koi fish and destroyed our navy! And the ocean wouldn't have grabbed Zhao and killed him.Azula: ...Zuko.Zuko: Yes.Azula: Has the Avatar mastered earthbending yet?Zuko: Uh, not since the last time I saw him. Why?Azula: Because something obviously hit you on the head rather hard, and I'm wondering if it was a boulder.
- In Blood of the Dragon, Zuko tries to make a Call Back to the show before teaching Azula the Dancing Dragon.
Zuko: (grinning, takes Azula's hand) Azula, I need you to dance with me.
- In The Beacon, when Korra and Asami tell everyone that they are now dating, everyone reacts differently, but "the best reaction by far was Grandma Yin's. When the whole gang gathered at the Sato mansion to welcome the two young women home, she got a little too tipsy on rice wine."
Grandma Yin: See, Mako, this is what happens when you let go of nice girls like Korra and Asami. They'll just end up dating each other. Not that I'm unfamiliar with love between the ladies, you understand? You should have seen me in my prime. Before I met your grandfather, I had quite the fling with one of the Earth Queen's handmaidens. And what a hand maiden she was! I couldn't walk right for days after a night with her!Mako: Grandma Yin!Tenzin: (Face Palm)
- It's a Crowning Moment of Funny in-story, too: it makes Korra cry laughing.
Axis Powers Hetalia
- A Hetalia fanfic called "Never Before." America and England, while fighting in WWII, also have a pun war with each other. The results are hilarious, to say the least.
HAVING A FINE TIME IN HILDESHEIM STOPHAVE YET TO FIND A HILDE STOPTHERE MAY BE ONE IN WILDENHAUSEN STOPI ALSO HAVE THAT TOO STOPBUT BY THE TIME WE GET TO BREMEN FRANCE WILL BE IN BADEN-BADEN AND THAT'S NOT ALL BAD STOPARE YOUR EARS BLEEDING YET FROM THE PUNS STOPIF NOT I'VE GOT A DIVISION OF THEM FULL STOP
"Why is France shooting at us? I thought he wasn't supposed to shoot at us!""Fuck if I know! I blame the syphilis!""...he still has that, huh?""America, what's worse than a clap-addled sex maniac under the thumb of the nazis?""I dunno, what?""A clap-addled sex maniac under the thumb of the nazis who is still sniping at you you idiot, get down!""I'm getting down, I'm getting down—ha, okay, I think we've got the beachheads, I'm pretty sure I see France pulling out. Awesome.""France, pulling out? Now that's something you don't see every day.""Ha ha ha. Give me a hand with Oran, will you? I don't think I'm going to have any more problems with Casablanca.""Certainly. I'll come in from the West.""You know, Iggy, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.""I think we ought to call it the end of the beginning."
- Don't forget America's response to Pearl Harbor and being dragged into war with Japan: CLEARLY THE ANSWER IS TO SHOVE MY JETS SO FAR UP JAPAN'S ASS THAT HIS ANCESTORS FEEL IT AND CALL OFF THE ATTACK BEFORE IT HAPPENS
- There's also the part where they're fighting together, only for France to unexpectedly begin shooting at them:
- An Axis Powers Hetalia Kink Meme fill featuring Canada leaving passive-aggressive notes: "Thank you all for talking over me through the last meeting. I hope it made you all feel better about your tiny landmasses."
"Natural thing," he said, when they'd finished. "Sex, I mean, not the internet, though if you consider beaver damns natural, are human creations so different? The human animal is an animal, of animal urges...""Hey, this prompt is for Mama Greece and Mama Egypt dubcon," America said."...and I will kill you all like animals," Greece finished, and snapped his pen in half.
- Another, when America and Canada attempt to film Twincest porn: "Why would a pizza delivery guy deliver pizza to his brother's bedroom?"
- One hilarious one has America discover how the nations have been putting requests on the kink meme for ages, and begins reading their prompts aloud as a team-building exercise. This reaches extreme heights of hilarity when Greece wakes up and joins in the conversation.
- The rest of the fic is the nations reading said Ancient Greece/ Ancient Egypt fic aloud, passing the phone from one another as Greece attacks them. By the end? "Greece had to be sedated, England needed three stitches (and some alone time), and France had to get a new phone." And according to the footnotes, Hungary provided the sedatives for "...Horse...emergencies"
- The Axis Powers Hetalia fanfiction Chasing an Empty Dream manages to be hilarious, even with the romantic and Tear Jerker elements to it. One such moment is in Chapter 15, when Germany has discovered that he used to be the Holy Roman Empire and Prussia wants him to tell Italy the news.
Germany stiffened when he heard a familiar "Ciao!" on the other line. "Hey there, Italy! You'll never guess what—!"Germany swiped the phone out of Prussia's hands. "Wrong number," he hissed into the receiver and hung up.Prussia blinked. "I called him by his name. You really gonna think he'll believe that?"(In Italy)"Hey fratello, who was that?"
Germany swallowed, feeling his face getting red. "Err, I don't mind…sharing…" he mumbled.(Outside: "You communist!" America shouted.)
- The next chapter is cracky from beginning to end, as Germany tries to go on a date with Italy. Romano finds out and spies on them in a Paper-Thin Disguise of a mustache as their waiter, which Italy completely fails to notice ("Ve~ you know, if you shaved that mustache, you'd look just like my brother…"). Hilarity Ensues as Spain bursts in with an ax, England bursts in with his eyebrows dyed pink, France bursts in to carry off England, and Canada has to get rid of an overly-excited America. There's also this exchange, as Germany and Italy have a bowl of pasta together:
- The Axis Powers Hetalia Kink Meme fill Guys, Greece Is Never Holding This Conference Again. Ever. is pretty much hilarious from beginning to end, as Eros, god of love, decides to fix some political tensions by making the nations fall in love with each other. The entire thing is cracky, but especially hilarious are the responses the non-infected nations have to this all.
“Silence!” shouted Germany over all the voices and started pointing at nations one at a time. “Denmark! Get Sweden to his own chair! Finland, stop recording already! Hungary! You too! Prussia! Stop laughing! Japan, stop taking notes of this! Egypt, would you stop looking like nothing has happened? And Greece! What the fuck is going on!?”Greece stared to the window past Germany where Eros was doing a victory dance to himself. “How should I know?”
- One Hetalia fanfiction has England drunkenly crashing a re-enactment of the American Revolutionary War. This results in him screaming and swearing at the participants, which the viewers seem to find more entertaining than the actual performance.
The angry British man had begun to attract a larger crowd than the war reenactment itself. Amused Americans used cell phones and cameras to record him as he swung himself across the field, flailing his arms in a failed attempt to point at everyone at the same time. In less than two hours a video titled “Crazy British Guy” would gain 4,000 hits on youtube before it was deleted by a disclosed source.
“You are a gentleman and a scholar, my boy,” England said in a clearer, happier voice than before. “I don’t know why I ever doubted you.”“You too, buddy,” America smirked, mentally cataloguing it all for future story telling. Or maybe blackmailing.
- There's also this gem:
“Hey there sleeping beauty,” he teased when England finally finished and collapsed back against his pillow.“Sod off. What the hell did I do last night?”“You mean this morning,”“Oh, Christ…”“Don’t worry, I’ll tell you the whole story later,” he said, closing his eyes again. “And I’ll take good care of Wisteria, I promise.”
- Towards the end, England (still drunk) promises American that he can have his second-best unicorn, Wistera. When England finally sobers up later in the day, there's this exchange:
- Father Figure, a Bleach short story has one for Mayuri, who via a subtle Batman Gambit manages to obliterate Hueco Mundo. How? Jacking Yachiru up on super sugar and shooting her into Hueco Mundo with a giant
cannonNot A Cannon.
- This little gem from the Bleach fanfic Not Quite As Planned:
Ichigo: "I'm not even going to turn around. Rukia? Who snuck up on us this time?"Rukia: "…Captain Aizen…"Ichigo: "Of course it is… Any chance of him going away if we pretend we didn't notice him?"Aizen: "I'm afraid not."Ichigo: "Didn't think so.
- This scene from the Code Geass fic 32 Pickup:
"Hm, I think I'm gonna move my horse..." Nonette smirked confidently and picked up the piece."Firstly, it's STILL not your turn yet because I STILL haven't moved yet, and second, IT'S A KNIGHT." Lelouch hissed, his grip on the table tightening and his knuckles turning white."Can I move here?" Nonette would set it down halfway across the board, knocking Lelouch's queen off the board as she did."NO, because it's not your TURN AND because KNIGHTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!""But I thought the horse can jump over guys.""IT'S NOT A HORSE! IT'S A KNIGHT! AND IT CAN JUMP OVER ONLY TWO PIECES, NOT GUYS, PER MOVE!""Well, I did only jump over two guys." Nonette smiled and pointed to her pawn and Lelouch's pawn, not only on the other side of the board, but also two columns away. "My guy and your guy. Then I killed this guy. Now I'm next to your other guy. So, king me.""YOU CAN'T MOVE THAT WAY, THOSE ARE PAWNS, THAT IS A QUEEN, THAT IS A KING, IT'S NOT YOUR TURN, AND THERE IS NO KING ME IN CHESS!""I don't know why you're raising your voice at me, it's just a game. Nellie was right, you're such a kid." Nonette blew some hair from her face and reached in for another piece."I refuse to play with you until you learn how chess works, Ms. Enneagram. Good day." Lelouch rose from the table, while Nonette raised both fists in the air and grinned."I win again! The crowd goes wild!" She then made haaaaaah noises into her hand for a bit as she watched the prince retreat to the safety of his room.
- In Chapter 24 of Lelouch of Britannia, Kallen's assassination attempt on Lelouch, which is short in seriousness and high in awkwardness:
Kallen: "WHY ARE YOU NAKED?"It was a difficult question, considering his life may well depend on the response.Lelouch: "Usually, people undress for showers."
- And because this is Lelouch (if Alternate Universe-still-a-Britannian-prince Lelouch) he acts like himself and completely misinterprets her behavior: he thinks she's a Stalker with a Crush. Though arguably the funniest and certainly the most awkward part is when his bodyguards barge in to rescue him, Kallen slips, and they find the two of them lying on top of each other, soaking wet, and respectively half-dressed and buck naked. And because he doesn't want to ruin her reputation (It's not her fault she was smitten with him), Lulu pretends it's exactly what it looks like and calmly gives orders for a cover-up... while still lying on the floor, naked and being crushed by Kallen's boobs.
- The author's note on Chapter 17 also deserves a mention:
I've wanted to write that parade scene for some time now. More specifically, I wanted to write a scene in which girls passed out enmasse screaming Lelouch's name; seemed appropriate.
- And the time when the excerpt at the beginning of the chapter was about a media manhunt for Lelouch. Apparently Alternate History and being renamed "Jim" has had very little effect of Jon Stewart's personality.
On Monday, the Enquirer offered £100,000 for "photo evidence of [Prince Lelouch's] current whereabouts." A rival publication, the Weekly Mail, responded with an offer of £200,000 for new footage of the prince "in a casual, unguarded setting." The latest entrant into the escalating tabloid war was the Pendragon Post, who offered £375,000 for pictures capturing the Prince with "non-familiar female companionship." In his opening segment on Tuesday night's The Daily Show, Jim Stewart predicted that by week's end someone will put up a million pounds for "images of the Prince directing amphibious operations at a nudist beach." The fake news program host called upon the Prince to "take one for the team" and undress for magazines. "Their women will defect and Europe will lose all its fighting strength; war's over. All hail Britannia."
- "When using a human shield, grab a fat guy."
- Schneizel defeats Lelouch by sponsoring a pizza chain.
Dear Zero, we regret to inform you that Pizza Hut is no longer able to support the rebellion. Yours truly, Pizza Hut.
- Also, Bismarck's cocoa puffs and strawberry milk.
- This Code Geass fanfic, during a Britannia attack, we have this dialogue:
Mao: "Anyway, Rakshata wants a flying monkey." [A Vincent frame]Zero: "What? Mao, I don't have time for your crazy. Either make sense or shut up."Mao: "No, I'm serious. Old man Chuck released the flying monkeys, and your mad scientist wants you to bring her back one."Zero: "Fine, when this is over, she can have all the flying monkeys she wants."Mao: ""Ha!" (pointing a triumphant finger at Tamaki, who was standing nearby, pretending not to be listening) "And you thought I couldn't make him say it."Tamaki: "You let me down, Zero!" (scowling, pulling out his wallet and handing Mao a five dollar bill) "You let me down!"
Lelouch: "Hey, Rivalz. Are you alright?"Rivalz: "Alright?!" he shrieked. "You go off and hijack a bunch of terrorists, and you ask me if I'm alright? I was worried sick about you! Have you gone nuts? Have you lost your mind? Did you ever think what it would have been like for me if I had to tell the whole student council how you got yourself killed in a spontaneous burst of idiocy?"Lelouch:"Rivalz…"Rivalz: "What were you thinking? 'Hey, look! There's some mortal peril over there! Let's get closer!' You're usually pretty smart, man, but that's just stupid! I mean, you're a chess player, not some secret agent of the empire! Are you?"Lelouch: "A what? Rivalz, I honestly think that's the most ridiculous thing you've ever said."Rivalz: "Uh, Lulu, this isn't one of those, 'I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you' things, is it?"Lelouch: "If I said yes, would you tell the whole school about it by tomorrow?"Rivalz: "…I might not."Lelouch: "Rivalz, listen to me. You are blowing things way out of proportion. I'm fine. Ask me tomorrow, and I'll be able to explain everything to you, I promise. And I'd appreciate it if you would please not mention this to anyone at school until you know all the details. You know how rumors fly around, and apparently I already have a harem of Eleven girls to run while running the largest trafficking of refrain in the country, and I'm not sure I could handle being an imperial agent as well."
- It's prequel Your Past, My Future has several gems as well, including:
Lelouch: "Sorry brother. Force of habit."Mao strode to the indicated cell and opened it up dramatically. "C.C., your knight in shining armor is here to save you."C.C. stared at him in surprise, slow recognition, and finally, shock. "Oh no. Oh please no."
- And after killing Clovis:
- From Cornelia of the Defection, we have Lelouch's reaction to being Mistaken for Gay.
Lelouch: "It's called metrosexual and I'm fabulous."
- In Alpha and Omega, Garrus asks Shinji what his plan is to deal with Tevos.
Shinji: "I'll be going with Plan A: Make it up as I go along."Garrus: "I'd love to hear your Plan B."Shinji: "I never have a Plan B."Tisala: "I wouldn't worry Garrus. All Shinji has to do is get Tevos in his bedroom for a few hours and I'm sure it'll be problem solved..."Shinji: "Garrus?"Garrus: "What is it?"Shinji: "There is now a Plan B."
- Blackadder 40k: Tales from the Black Millennium, a Blackadder/Warhammer 40,000 crossover: Percy (now a Sanctioned Psyker) causes Noise Marines to break down or commit suicide by singing Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up".
- From the Harry Potter and Star Wars Cross Over Broken Chains:
Hermione: We were attending to personal business, Headmaster. We are legal adults now, and must attend to adult responsibilities occasionally.Dumbledore: And where would your business take you?SithLord!Harry: I was planning the orbital bombardment of Canada. I've determined that they represent a direct threat against my growing Empire.
- The BronyCon Reevaluation: where the The Big Bang Theory gang attend a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic convention is full of funny moments typical of the former show, from Raj attempting to force Sheldon to attend by giving him the Stare while dressed as Fluttershy to John de Lancie claiming to have no memory of who Wil Wheaton is, but what takes the cake has to be this exchange towards the end:
Sheldon: Is Nicole Oliver here?Leonard: Yeah, she's over there signing autographs. Why?Sheldon: I want to ask her why she made the mind-boggling decision to vocally portray Princess Celestia as a warm, benevolent, motherly figure, despite the fact that her dialogue as written and other characters' responses to her clearly indicate that the character is meant to be played as sadistic, manipulative, tyrannical, and sociopathic. (heads over to booth as the others try to stop him)Leonard: (holding up hand) No...let him do it.Raj: Let him do it? Leonard, where have you been? Every time someone shares that absurd interpretation of the glorious, kind-hearted, and gorgeous Princess Celestia, Nicole Oliver messes them up.Bernadette: The actress who plays Celestia messes people up?Howard: Yeah, it never ends well for those poor saps. It's why the fandom can't have nice things.Leonard: Exactly. That's why we should let him go. I have surprisingly few regrets about Sheldon, but most prominent among them is that I wasn't quick enough on my feet to get a recording when he got punched by Bill Gates, and that I wasn't there when he got nerve-pinched by Leonard Nemoy. (takes out phone and begins recording) I am not going to miss him getting bro-hoofed in the jaw by Nicole Oliver.(pause)Howard: ...I want to see that happen.Penny: Yeah, let's see that.
- Copycat, a Buffy/Marvel crossover, has a scene where Reed Richards acknowledges an area where Doctor Doom is his superior- aesthetics and fashion- as part of a Batman Gambit to avoid the classic unwinnable husband situation. Cue Doom giving fashion advice to Susan and Alicia.
"Foolish peasant," Doom roared, "it is obvious that the dear Alicia is a fall not a winter!"
- The G.I. Joe/Aliens Vs Predator crossover fic Corazones y Cazadores features a hilarious Perp Sweating scene. Scarlett needs to get information from the Dreadnok Buzzer, who isn't cooperating despite just barely surviving an Xenomorph attack. Snake-Eyes proceeds to make menacing hand gestures while reaching for his swords. Scarlett keeps telling him that what he's suggesting is "against the Geneva Convention!" In reality, they're talking about baseball.
- From the Batman/Sin City crossover, A Dark Knight Over Sin City:
Joker: [trying to stab Marv with a syringe filled with toxin] Don't be afraid. It's only a little prick.Marv: I don't care what you got in your pants, pal! [punch]
- Chapter 15 of Claymade's The Dark Lords of Nerima (a Ranma/Sailor Moon crossover) contains a scene with Genma posing as Dr Tofu to confuse Ami/Sailor Mercury and conceal Ryouga, all the while being interrupted by people whom Ami will recognise and give the whole scheme away. It is such a crowning moment and so in-character for the Ranma manga that several people are speculating "Claymade" might be Rumiko Takahashi herself writing under a psuedonym.
- In chapter 17: "The Fire listened. The Fire absorbed. And then—just as Rei had asked it—the Fire attempted to show an image that conveyed "the true goal" of the assembled Neriman group... It really did try its best."
- The sheer extent to which Ranma's plan has gone wrong as of Chapter 18. It not only provokes the youma into attacking by the hundreds in broad daylight, but results in the Dark Kingdom and the Sailor Senshi teaming up against them. Oh, and Kodachi steals the Maguffin central to the plan.
- A Strawberry Panic!/Family Guy crossover (seriously!) called "Everybody Loves Yaya" had some really hysterical ones (it also has a sequel, "Yaya for President"):
- Tsubomi finding Brian's pot stash and getting high.
- Yaya, of all people, beats the crap out of and kills(!) Ernie the Giant Chicken!
- Amane teams up with Stewie to save Hikari from Kaname in a hilarious Neon Genesis Evangelion shoutout. How it backfires is even funnier.
- Quagmire teaching Tamao how to be a Pervert. Overlaps with Crowning Moment of Heartwarming when he helps her hook up with Chiyo, and by the time he finally leaves, his exit is hilarious.
- Tamao actually manages to steal Kaname's bra (right off her chest) in a display of perverted awesome.
- And Quagmire tops that by successfully groping Shizuma and liberating her of her bra!
- In the sequel, Peter gives an awesome speech defending Yaya's decision to get a tattoo. Has a really funny line where he hilariously lampshades No Bisexuals.
- Funny and Serious has Joker teasing Skeleton King about being the creator of the Monkey Team.
Joker: You created the Monkey Team?Skeleton King: No! My pathetic human side made these filthy primates.Joker: Ha ha ha ha. Right. You said your human side created them. Therefore, it must mean you created them to protect the universe from yourself. Looks like you're foiling yourself.Skeleton King: No, it doesn't count.Joker: Oh, yes it is.Skeleton King: No, it doesn't!Joker: Yes, it does.Skeleton King: No!Joker: Yes!Skeleton King: No!Joker: Yes!Skeleton King: No!Joker: Yes!Skeleton King: No!Joker: Yes!Skeleton King: No!Joker: Yes!Skeleton King: No!Joker: Yes!Skeleton King: No!Joker: No!Skeleton King: Yes!Joker: No!Skeleton King: Yes!Joker: No!Skeleton King: Yes!Joker: No!Skeleton King: I say yes and that's final!Joker: Okay, Skelly, have it your way. That's the final decision.Joker walks away as Skeleton King realizes what he just said.Skeleton King: Hey, that's not fair! Take that back!
- The Gameverse is a Glee series where the characters become contestants on reality shows, while the first one, Survivor isn't focused on humour for most of the game the finale, the final tribal council, the reunion show, and the announcement of teams for The Amazing Race, is one CMOF after another.
- The Amazing Race version has a lot of funny moments, and it's just got to the half way point, April and Josh Groban's entire one leg spent with April drunk due to the free alcohol she got on the plane, Shelby and Jesse's elimination, and Blaine's completely awesome meltdown wherein he calls out Rachel, his partner for the race, for being so completely egotistical, Quinn for being manipulative, and yells at Mike and Tina to get personalities are the highlights.
- The Ghost Child and the Ghostbusters, a crossover between Danny Phantom and The Real Ghostbusters has a very particular scene when the titular team first arrives on Amity Park. The OC ghost Danny was facing, Electo-Ghost, was confident in his fight with Danny until the Ghostbusters arrived, and weighed his options; admit defeat and let Danny suck him in his Ecto Thermos, or let the very humans that beaten down all kinds of mythos from werewolves to gods most likely suck him up into a device that no ghost has ever got out of again. Needless to say, the ghost was not very tact...
- Electo-Ghost: (grabs Danny) Take me! Take me away now! Please don't let them take me! Where's that Thermos thing?!Danny: H-hey, stop! What do you think you're doing?Electo-Ghost: (fiddles with Thermos) Come on, come on, how do you get this thing to work?! (activates it and laughs as he's sucked inside)Danny: O-kay... That was definitely a new one on me. (To the Ghostbusters) Uh... hi?Peter: (team express just as much confusion) Any thoughts?Ray: Yeah... one down and one to go. Blast him!
- There is also the fact that when Danny reveals his identity to them several chapters later, he is bummed out they aren't very amazed or spooked. Given the entirety of the list of supernatural things they've faced before hand, even a half-human half-ghost is not really beyond the Ghostbuster's radar of weird.
- The Grand Tour Series, a Nanoha-centered megacrossover, has a one-shot where the Top Gear crew does a special episode on Mid-Childa after Earth makes formal public contact. A special including Magical Girl Stig-Chan.
- Harry Potter and the Eagle of Truthiness. Just... just wow. Stephen Colbert becomes the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, and proceeds to turn the class into an episode of The Colbert Report. The result? Best. Teacher. Ever.
- From Harry Potter And The Power Of The Dark Side:
Professor Snape: As for you, Mr. Potter... Fired curse or no, your actions were a disgrace to the house of Slytherin, and you will serve a detention with me on Saturday, cleaning cauldrons and rethinking how you should have handled the situation...Professor Snape: You will not... Wait, what did you do to me?!
- This crossover between Harry Potter and the Justice League (among others) has quite a few, but the best is when Dumbledore gives a shout-out to The Question.
Hermione: Why do you have wards against Aglets?Dumbledore: (dead serious) Do not say their names. Their true purpose... is sinister. (one of the instruments in Dumbledore's office creates an ominous flash of lightning in the background.)
- And then there's this:
Snape: (On Harry's adoption by Danny & Tess Ocean, with Mad-eye as adoptive grandparent) You should have taken him back to his muggle relative once you'd found him. Not raised him with some yankee ponce and a crackpot conspiracy theorist.Dumbledore: (confused) I got the impression that Tess was of rather sound mind.
- And then there's this:
- In the Crossover He'll Never Be My Son, when Medusa tells her partner Orochimaru that she wants to conceive a child, his first thought is to ask her if she's been drinking to come up with that idea.
- Cordelia's verbal owning of the officer questioning her in The Hell-er-Nator: Chaos Machine has the other police struggling not to laugh.
Cordelia: "I thought Mayor Wilkins screened his lackeys at least for basic reading and comprehension skills, even if not for independent thought."Chief Munroe: "Now you look here, you-"Cordelia: "Yes? Really, Chief Munroe. I'd explain it to you again, but the arresting officers took away my hand puppets and crayons."
- In Death Note and Lupin III crossover story, idiot, Misa talks to Fujiko about seeing her at a jewel store last night and started to make comments like wearing a catsuit that she doesn't complete zip up and acting like a weirdo in that outfit as if she's planning to rob the place or something. Fujiko started to sweat at this. The bright side for her is that Misa thinks of what she's doing is a rehearsal for a play of her own with her "co-stars" Lupin, Jigen, Goemon, and Zenigata.
I'm just lucky Misa's a total idiot. It's like I dodged another bullet.
- A few in Kitsune On Campus, a Naruto and Mahou Sensei Negima! crossover. Some of the standouts include the entire class believing Naruto has just had a threesome with Mana and Keade, and is now planning a Five way; Negi and Naruto listing in detail why certain members of the class are cute, in front of the class. Chisame's reactions really makes it; rather recently there was, well, The Kissing Incident Up to Eleven. Finally we have pretty much all of the Eva and Naruto interactions. All of them. A stand out is when Naruto's hand accidently lands on Eva's chest:
"Flat," Naruto muttered."What. Did. You Say?""I-I-I'm gonna die for that, aren't I?""Yeah, and it is going to be slow and painful.""Would it help if I said I was sorry?""No," Eva responded flatly."Okay. Would it help if I told you that I had video of you bugging out when Zero-chan called you mummy, you getting into a fight over Negi, and your face when I explained what I had to do to get my Master, all of which would be distributed around the school?"
- Though the rest of the story is pretty bland, there is one amazing moment in the Harry Potter/Bleach crossover The Muggle With White Hair. Fred and George have dragged Toshiro to Quidditch tryouts against his will, and when Toshiro refuses to mount a broom, they comment about how he's probably too fragile to play a rough sport like Quidditch. Hyorinmaru then snarks "Need some ice for that burn, Toshiro?"
- In the Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Teen Titans story Latch Key Kids, Robin (at Beast Boy's/Xander's prompting) responds to a message from Batman with a smiley face, using the justification that "He's the world's greatest detective; he'll figure it out." Batman replies with a message written in hieroglyphs.
- The Lyrical Nanoha/Ranma ½ crossover Nanoha 1/2 gives a threefold Crowning Moment to Ranma near the end of the Nanoha Classic arc, when Precia claims the last of the Jewel Seeds and starts on her Motive Rant to Fate and the TSAB. Moments after she starts talking, Genma notices that Ranma has disappeared from the Asura's bridge just as Lindy's troops move in to aprehend Precia. Precia, naturally, nukes the Red Shirts and keeps ranting, only for Ranma to make his reappearance. The AWESOME is how he slipped off the bridge, through the teleporter, and into the Garden of Time, dodged an area of effect spell potent enough to put down several squads of TSAB Space Marines and then escaped Precia's notice as long as he did. The FUNNY was stealing the Jewel Seeds literally out from under Precia's nose ("Yoink!") and then running away with them, Miyazaki Nodoka-style. The HEARTWARMING was how this affected Fate, who snaps out of the Heroic BSOD she'd been going into and manages to crack a smile despite everything she'd been put through in the last two minutes.
- From the Death Note and The House of Night crossover No Hoper Light has the following exchange with his new talking cat Familiar (who's personality is indeed very familiar):
Light: You know what? I'm going to name you.Cleo: 'Name me'? What do I need a name for? I am the best, how can anyone not know who I am? And you, what do you need a name for? You are so recognizable, you are unforgettable!Light: And what's that supposed to mean?Cleo: Nothing. I just think names are stupid. All you need to know is that you are a can-opener, and I am the Great-I-Am!Light: Well, you deserve a name, you know, one that doesn't invoke cries of 'blasphemy'.
- This fanfiction. It's a blend of Naruto and Ocarina of Time, and is one long Crowning Moment of Funny. It's hard to explain if you haven't read it, but it's one of the best crossovers/parodies that I've seen. Just... Read it, please? I'll be over here. Dying from a lack oxygen form laughing so hard...
- Ow My Sanity is a fusion of the Cthulhu Mythos and Ah! My Goddess. Observe this first meeting of the Belldandy stand-in and the potential Sayoko stand-in.
- In The Return after snapping out of a rather disturbing Daydream Surprise which has Usagi's severed head presented to some Russian Cyborg Mercs only to explode in their hands Sailor Darkstar (Ranma) just stares at Usagi's head and we have this line:
"Oh, just wondering how big that brain of yours is ... just thinking about how many explosives I could fit up there". (It's funnier in context).
- From Riddick, a Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Riddick Fusion Fic, a kidnapped Luna has this to say when Voldemort threatens Neville:
Luna: To pursue my husband, Mr. Riddle is to pursue an arse-whooping of grand proportions. You shall learn this soon.
- In Sephiroth Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Sephiroth!Harry critiques Umbridge's teaching style:
Sephiroth!Harry: So, you're saying that there are no vampires, werewolves, nundu, dementors or anything else out there in the world that wants to hurt us. I'd think someone that fought so hard to add new creature legislation would know better. Not only that, if our course is to be taught in this manner from here on, then you are crippling the Ministry and the economy. A NEWT in Defense is required for Auror training, Curse Breaking, and all sorts of other positions. Some of which you are asserting that we need to rely on to keep us safe. So, which is it? Are you a patriot – training us to meet and exceed the standards set by the Ministry, or are you a traitor – weakening it from within?(McGonagall reviews Harry's detention slip)Sephiroth!Harry: Yes, professor.
- Xander accidentally convinces the Amazons of Themyscira and Bana-Mighdall that Twinkies are the food of the gods in A Spark of Genius. Several chapters later, an offhand mention of how readily a sacrifice consisting of a box of Twinkies was accepted implies the gods agree.
- Later Xander pulls several pranks on Superman to pay back Mxyzptlk for a favor the latter did. Said pranks include sending all the women at the Daily Planet a set of lead-lined underwear and a letter suggesting Superman is using his X-ray vision to peep on them, filling Lois Lane's bedroom with thousands of Furbys, stealing the batmobile and leaving it in Superman's apartment, wrapping Perry's office in saran-wrap before filling it with water and swordfish, bugging the Daily Planet with hundreds of devices that beep intermittently, and making Superman buy ice-cream for a group of kids.
- A Study in Magic has Hogwarts this gem.
Miss Jackie: "If by definition a Muggle or a Squib is someone who neither has the ability to generate or use magic, could it be their very person is a magical insulator or a grounder? I wondered why Hogwarts always had an honorable resident Squib. The practice dates back to the four founders, but no explanation was given in the history books. But if you think about the physical properties of magic, you could postulate magic will act more erratically in magic-rich environs without a Squib or a Muggle to ground it down. In other words, you might owe it to Mr. Filch for your ability to harness your magic so quickly and well here in Hogwarts."Filch: "HEARD THAT? You brats only get to do any magic at all here because of me! ME!
- The Daria/Buffy the Vampire Slayer story Sum of Their Parts has Glory and her entourage take Cameron Kim disguised as Dawn to Lawndale High so they can open the portal to Glory's hell dimension. They encounter Kevin, who works there as a janitor, but when Glory tries to brainsuck him... nothing.
- In Takamachi Nanoha of 2814, a rather screwy Mega Crossover fic, an argument breaks out during a meeting of the United Magical Girls Association of Japan.
Haruna got the resulting rumble back out of control by simple Magnificent Bastardry. "Imperium Graphices! Summon Overfiend, Great Paru-sama Edition!"There was much screaming and order was restored. Haruna, apparently, put much less emphasis on 'Magnificent'.
- The Gurren Lagann / Sonic the Hedgehog crossover Tengen Toppa Freedom Emerl has an "interesting" rendition of Lagann-hen's hacking scene.
- Harry Potter/ The Saga of Darren Shan crossover Vampires and Wizards gives us this:
'Who was that?' Harry asked.'Who was what?' Darren blinked.'The little guy in the robes.''What little guy in robes?''The one you were just talking to!''I was talking to a little guy in robes?''Yes! Who was he?''Who was who?''The little guy in robes!''What little guy in robes?''Darren! You were talking to a little guy in robes! Who was he?''I don't know what you're talking about. Are you sure you're not mad?''I- DARREN.'
- From the Death Note and Batman Crossover Vigilante:
Light settled into one of the Lay-Z-Boy chairs in the Batcave and finished hacking into Batman’s secret files.
Ryuk munched on a bowl of apple chips and played Mario Cart. “Hey, this is kind of fun, Light.”
“There’s only one thing that Batman did wrong. He went too easy on the criminals.”
“What do you mean,” Ryuk asked while picking up another handful of apple chips.
“Take any of his major nemeses for example. The Joker, Mr. Penguin, The Riddler. He always captures them alive, and then they escape, and blow things up and kill innocent civilians just to piss Batman off. Light twirled the pen in his fingers. “Now imagine Batman killed one of them instead.''''“Of course, Superman does the same with Lex Luthor. You’d think he enjoys outsmarting him or something.”
Ryuk laughed. “Isn’t that kind of like you and L?”
Light whirled around in his chair to glare at Ryuk. “No, Ryuk, the situations are nothing alike. I plan on killing L as soon as I find out who he is.” Light paused to open another file on the computer. “But only if he’s a threat to me. And maybe now he won’t be.”“Hyuk. I wonder what he’s gonna do when he finds out you left the country.”
Light gave the Shinigami another brief glare. “Ryuk, there is nothing even remotely suspicious about a genius receiving a scholarship to study in another country. But let’s see. I can kill off a few of Batman’s villains and save innocents.”
“Hey, but I thought you were going to play Batman. Doesn’t that mean you’re gonna dress up in the suit and cape and ride around in the Batmobile? I could ride in the Batmobile with you.”
“I want to ride in the Batmobile.”
Sayu: So what's America like? Does everyone there look like they do in the movies?Light: Of course not, Sayu.Sayu: I saw this TV program last week, well, actually my friend and I were searching online for information on America, since I told her that you're studying there, and we found this one show where everyone was really fat since there's so much food there. Is it really like that? Hey, what if you get fat too, since you're living there? Do you have to eat a lot of hamburgers? Do you have to eat bread with every meal instead of rice?Light: Sayu-Sayu: Do you have a girlfriend yet? Is she fat? Is it true that they have so many guns in America that everyone has to own one and learn how to use them? I heard they even sell guns in the grocery stores. Did you learn to use a gun yet?Light: Yes. I've practiced shooting a few.Sayu: MOM! Light's learning how to use GUNS in America!
- From the same fic, Sayu has some questions about her brother's studying abroad in America:
- In the Code Geass and Death Note Crossover Zero Vs Kira, Ryuk describes his trouble crossing the dimensions.
Ryuk:Yeah, but it's a hassle because some Shinigami from the other realms don't always take kindly to visits. The Shinigami in the last dimension chased me around with swords. They even called me names. I don't know why they called me 'hollow', but I didn't like it.
- This glorious crack/parody entry in the "Most Implausible Sex Scene Contest", featuring Julius Caesar x the GEICO Gecko.
Kneeling down, Julius took the magical creature's face in his hands. “Ever since I first saw you, my heart went doki doki, and now that you've come into your magical inheritance and become a bishounen, I just couldn't hold back.”
- The Batman/Catwoman shipper arc "Cat Tales" is consistently funny. In the first book, "A Girl's Gotta Protect Her Reputation", Catwoman decides to set the record straight regarding various falsehoods and rumors circulating around her(in other words, a fix-fic for everything that's happened to her since the "Officer Down" arc), by telling her side of the story...in a stand-up routine. A passage from her stage show:
So I’ve got the trinkets. Brunhilda is still snoring away. Cujo, the killer schnauzer, is still locked in the bathroom. I close the safe, restore the power, slide the window back exactly the way it was 8 minutes flat. Personal best for a private residence where I didn’t have the floorplan going in. I drop down to the alley – and there… he… is…The Batman. Caped Crusader. Dark Knight. Guardian of Gotham. Crime Fighter extraordinaire. I am Vengeance, I am Justice, I am in desperate need of a personality transplant… Batman.
In full regalia – looking like Sir Lancelot dipped in tar but not yet feathered.
And he speaks: “I don’t think those jewels belong to you.”
I salute you, World’s Greatest Detective.
- And later, after Bruce sits through her performance and is forced to consider some hard home truths, he talks to Dick Grayson:
“Am I a self-absorbed, self-righteous, inflexible prig?”
Dick suddenly felt like he was playing a LucasArts Adventure Game. He imagined four possible responses to Bruce’s question appearing under his chin:That’s how I addressed your Fathers’ Day card.Is that prig with an “R” Yes.Why are you having new stationery made up?YES YES YES! IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS HOLY AND TRUE, YOU ARE THE KING AND LORD OF THE LAND OF SELF-RIGHTEOUS PRIGS!And no matter which response the player chose, the character would say: “Why no, not at all. Why do you ask?”
- This troper has to love pretty much every part from Harvey Dent / Two-Face's perspective.
- And later, after Bruce sits through her performance and is forced to consider some hard home truths, he talks to Dick Grayson:
- A Young Justice/Teen Titans fanfic had these relationship status options on the superhero networking site:
- I am:-single-it's complicated-enjoying marriage privileges others do not have-still in that disgusting touchy-feely phase-sex, please, we're Arrows
- It also has the Scarab's Infodump on Jaime's fellow heroes:
[Bart Allen, alias Impulse, alias Kid Flash, alias The Flash, alias Bart Allen. Size 6 dress.][Kon-El, alias Superboy, alias Conner Kent. Six out of every ten rural teenage boys have relations with farm animals over the course of their adolescence.][Supergirl: has no pants]
- In The Art Of Drowning L and Watari use a keyword variety of Spy Speak which Light later unwittingly uses when pretending to be L:
L: I would rather avoid Watari all together, but if there is a chance that he is not in league with Roger, then I would prefer him by my side. I'm just not looking forward to the interrogation.Light: Well, at least he'll bring tea and scones.L: What?Light: Erm, I told the boys to tell him to bring tea and scones? So he'd know it was really you? Because you tell him that a lot?L: You told him to come armed to the teeth and prepared to kill.Light: I – what? I did?
- "It's... you know... lubricant—from the Shinigami world."
- In Constant Temptation there is a moment where Mello, Matt, and Near find themselves in a position where they have to confess to spying on L and Light's bedroom activities:
Near: Are we sure we want to do this?Mello: It's not like you to have doubts.Near: I don't usually face such definite trouble.Matt: That is the one thing we can guarantee will happen. We still in agreement over who to confess to?Mello: Light?Near: Light.
- Followed by the punishment Kira inflicts upon the Wammy's Boys: Dresses.
- The Deathnote Dating Gameshow has two:
Light: So we're standing outside your door, ready to call it a night. How would you go about ending our date to ensure it was memorable for me?Misa: SEX!Light: Good answer, Misa!
- This scene:
- Everything L says/does. Everything (in particular his depiction of a 'date' with Light and Light's reaction).
- One from The End Is Near that really stands out:
Matt: Let me get this straight. Your ex is thin, pretty, blonde, overreacts to everything, and has a penchant for Gothic clothing?Light: Yes.Matt: Are you sure you weren't dating Mello?
- In chapter 32 of The Faceless a Death Note After the End AU, has the following exchange when the cast stops at a bar:
Light pulled himself up to the counter, putting on his, 'I'm completely normal and if you don't believe me, I'll Kill You!,' façade. Evidently, it didn't work; the bartender simply continued to stare apprehensively at the faded blood-stain on Light's uniform before slowly reaching for his gun. Best not to trust soldiers.
"He's going to shoot us, isn't he?" Nathanial watched as the bartender froze and carefully removed his hand from the vicinity of his rifle, noticing for the first time, perhaps, just how many weapons the rag-tag team had.
"Someone's always trying to shoot us." Marcus was very apt in pointing things like this out, creating a philosophy that predicted all manner of reactions to their ensemble.
The bartender made an inward estimate of the money he would lose through property damage. Damn foreign soldiers.By the end of the night, it was difficult to decide whether Naomi was scarier drunk or sober. At least when she was sober, she had better aim and didn't attempt to have a sense of humor. Either way, everyone was disturbed.
- All of Grub in which Roger, the child-hating entomologist, describes L's childhood using insect metaphors.
- In Chapter 9 of Heart Beats there is an instance where Light and L attend a fancy dinner party while chained together and L is wearing a fish mask (for the sole purpose of humiliating Light) and while Light is chatting with someone L makes a grab for the snack tables, reaching for a sugar cube. However L can’t see very well because of the mask. Turns out it wasn't sugar it was wasabi.
- The parody of poorly written angst in Chapter 7 of The Human Whose Name Is Written In This Fanfiction "In which everyone is very tragic":
Don't you just love to read pointless and poorly written garbage about fictional people's problems?Well if you do you're a complete sadist but that's okay, you've come to the right place. This is the land where we step over the borderline from "tragic past" to "Loaded up with so many problems it's kind of sick". Sounds like fun huh?Take a glance around the room and you will see our first victim. His name is L Lawliet. Although he possesses legions of adoring fans they all seem to be obsessed with torturing him. Let's take a closer look.L sat sadly in task force headquarters. He felt his imminent doom hanging over his head as well as the pain of his unrequited love for unnamed love interest/dead love interest. This reminded him of all the tragic things that had happened to him, the things that kept him awake every night for fear of terrible nightmares (because this explanation of L's insomnia isn't complete rubbish at all).He thought back to his childhood as a poor orphan boy. He thought about that flashback he was going to have later in the series when he died and how it showed how tragic a character he was.It had all started when the young boy had to watch his family be brutally murdered. They were shot/burned/eaten/poisoned/exploded/forced to watch the Pokémon movies. It was a horrifying memory that would haunt the detective all his life.After many heart-breaking scenes of carnage Watari brought the young L to Wammy's house. He was very emotionally scarred and had no friends. Then one day Watari brought two new children to the house, A and B.L immediately fell in love with A/B/random other chick. Unfortunately they died. All of them. Violently. While still carrying his child. Right in front of him. Other wretched stuff.
- In Lab Specimen Ryuk takes up writing Emo poetry in the Death Note while Light is incarcerated and the ensuing death is attributed to Kira:
Dreary and long are my days,I have come to realize thatPerhaps I have made a mistake.Understand I never meant to go this far;Time will pass, and I hopeSomeday you can forgive me.Suffice to say, that is all.I cannot undo the past.Lord help me.
L: Are you trying to tell me something, Kira-kun?Ryuk: Oh ho- it worked! I wasn’t sure if John Greene would write that before dying, but I guess it was vague enough that it worked! He wrote it in his own blood too! Too bad I couldn't watch him do it! That would have been fun.L: I never knew Kira-kun had such an... emotional side. You should have been in the poetry club.Ryuk: Oooh! Did you hear that? My poetry is good! It was fun to write too, I wonder if I could practice some more. What did you think, Light? Oh, I forgot, you can't talk to me, right.Light: You know what it says.L: Yes. That's not very nice, Yagami-kun.
- And like Kira's previous messages Ryuk's poem has a special hidden message: L IS STUPID
- From Office Politics L begins to regret breaking up with Light:
Granted, Raito is a terrifying, jealous, power-hungry, arrogant sociopath Serial Killer, but these are all things that L knew the first time he and Raito played six hours of mind games that led to strip poker and somehow anal sex. It was really rather unfair of him to simply abandon the game mid-session; it wasn't as if he wasn't allowed to change the rules. Perhaps, he'd been hasty.
Raito stormed off, and four hours after that, all the detectives gather around the television, torn between laughter and louder laughter when a gang known for kidnapping, gang-raping, and trafficking young girls and boys into prostitution all die of what appears to be autoerotic asphyxiation—bodies falling conveniently in a public square.The chief squints. "Does that—?"L narrows his eyes and drinks more coffee."Yeah," one of the others says."It totally does," another detective chimes in."L SUCKS DICK," the Chief reads.Just under his breath, L mutters, "Not anymore, that's for damn sure."
- "L supposes... Chief Yagami is smart enough to know that his son was not always found nude in the company of L because they were planning on being completely heterosexual with one another."
- "L still has fond memories of surfing S&M websites with Raito; bathed in the glow of the computer, it was almost romantic."
- When jilted Kira sends L a message via dead rapists:
L has used his extensive knowledge of cryptology to code in things like "Perhaps we should reconsider our relationship and consider reapplying generous amounts of sex in the butt." (Though it frustrated him greatly, even L's awesome mind could not properly work the semantics of forensic pathology and the word "fucking" together.)Raito raises one fine, fine brow at L when L says this, and replies, "On the other hand, perhaps the coroner wasn't thorough enough in his external examination—needle-punctures can be wildly difficult to locate and I have not yet abandoned the idea that some of these deaths could have been caused by the application of excessive insulin. Local law enforcement has, after all, been writing them off too easily on Kira."After Raito has left the room, L says, "That was completely uncalled for."
- Light changed L's screensaver to an ad for erectile dysfunction medication.
- L and Light's Spy Speak to talk about their relationship troubles.
- In The Parameters of Ghosts when L stops by for a friendly haunting:
" L…?""Yes?""How will I know this wasn't just some dream when I wake up? Can't you do something to prove that you really are a ghost, and not just part of my mind?""Hmm," L briefly pondered. "Does it matter? Trying to prove my existence to you would be tedious. I don't think it would be worth the effort." He shifted around in the large chair, which was probably not cushioned enough for his tastes. The dead, it seemed, could also feel uncomfortable. "You'll just have to deal with matters of sanity on your own.""Alright, thanks," Light replied, sarcasm apparent."You're welcome."Light lied back down, but after a minute, he sighed again, still very much aware of the detective's presence."You're just going to stay here and watch me sleep? Can't you disappear or something?""I've got nowhere else to go. I'm not even sure that I can leave right now. Does it bother you?""Whatever. It doesn't matter.""Goodnight then, Light.""...See you later, I guess." Never again would be nice, too, he added to himself. He turned to his other side so his back was to L, and didn't say anything more.
- A sideplot in The Prince by Neverending Odyssey gives us a pair of Trolls under the usernames Kirin and Anti-Kira who troll the Kira-worshipper message boards, in addition to arguing and having innuendo-laced conversations with each other. Of course Kirin and Anti-Kira are Light and L. That's right Kira trolls his own message boards. And then there are of course the Kira-worshipper's responses... to Kira.
- In Sex Note there's the instance when Light is discussing with Ryuk how even though he's lonely and bored he still refuses to use the Sex Note to change people and destroy lives for his own amusement:
Ryuk: Maybe in university you'll find someone with no friends and no family who you can change!Light: Sure, Ryuk, there'll be people with no friends and no family who'll ask me to change them.In two different parts of Japan, a bleached-blonde model and a reclusive detective both sneezed simultaneously.
- In Sweet Surrender L has sex with Light in an attempt to get a confession in the most awkward way possible:
Light: Oh, God, that's it... don't you dare stop, I'll fucking kill you if you stop...L: Will you, now?
- In Those Who Stand for Nothing Fall for Anything B murdered Light's new suit:
"Where are my clothes?""They're in the sink," he says with a pharmaceutical smile."What? No," I gasp. 100% rare breed wool from the Shetland Islands. Woven by nuns. "They're dry clean only, you bastard!""Oh. That explains the strange colour of the water. I rinsed them through with boiling water and now they're soaking in cold water. Is that ok? I put ice in it. It's like suit mojito in the kitchen.""You cunt.""Light, I'm sure that he just overlooked the washing guidelines," L sighs, putting his trousers on under the sheets. "You have other suits.""Other suits? Other? Suits?"B pulls my cigarette holder and lighter out of his pocket and holds them out to me. At least he didn't put them in the sink. "Here," he says. "Give yourself cancer.""What time is it?" L asks."Just after ten.""It was one of a kind. Only virgins can make suits like that," I moan while lighting a cigarette. "Do you know how hard it is to find a virgin these days? Let alone a virgin who's dedicated herself to God and weaving. There are no 'other suits' like that... And I looked fuck amazing in it."L stares at me with a blank expression. He stares at me for quite a long time. I almost feel stupid after ten seconds. "Cry me a river."Fine. No sympathy. No support. My suit's been destroyed and he doesn't give a shit. Fine.
- Xanatos had quite a few, a lot of them involving Matt.
Matt: So, I'm just curious...why the mafia?Mello: Isn't it obvious? It'll be the best advantage, since I can't work with an organization that operates with Near, and without being restricted by the law, I'll have the upper hand.Matt: And, of course there's always a great excuse to dress in tight black leather.Mello: What?Matt: What?Mello: What the hell are you implying?
- Chapter 1: Mello tries to prank Near by slipping hair dye in his shampoo. It backfired when Matt wound up using said shampoo, and came out of the shower with bright red hair!
- And he liked the look! Mello's reaction consisted of a priceless expression coupled with My God, What Have I Done??
- Chapter 2:
Linda: MAAAAAT!Linda: I hate you!
- Anything concerning the Kira-troll. Even better when it turns out Matt had been the troll all along!
- Two words: Matt's. Driving.
Matt: Relax, it's not a job interview...uh, well, it kind of is, but honestly, you'll be fine.Linda: You mean it?
- Matt and Linda's dialogue when they're about to meet L for the first time:
Matsuda: Aw damn! We've been Rickrolled!
- Chapter 11: L and Matt's Snark-to-Snark Combat.
- Missing Sorta is full of these. Told from the Doctor's POV.
- "By the way, Mr. Police Officer, sir, have you seen a stray police box anywhere? It’s blue... so high... and... no?"
The TARDIS is at a complete standstill, on the ground, and we are tearing towards it...I whip out the sonic screwdriver and manage to open the TARDIS doors and we go careening through them, across the control room floor and out the other side, down the hall and smack right into the bins.The engine dies and the siren gives out a sickly wail before it too falls silent. And all I can hear is my hearts hammering inside my chest and the police officer's heavy breathing."Did we catch it?" he says, gripping the wheel like a vice.
- Chasing the Paradox, a Doctor/Master Slash Fic has one of these in an earlier chapter, possibly to make up for the rest of it. They have a few words about the meal the Master has prepared:
- [The Doctor] took his seat, cut off a slice of the meat that was on his plate, and chewed thoughtfully. ‘Chicken?’‘No,’ the Master said. ‘Not even close. It’s Triflarrian waterfowl.’‘Aren’t those twenty feet tall?’
- In 893 when Harry is scolded by his new guardian for fighting:
Harry/Yusuke: Sir?Oyabun Musashi: Never punch someone with your thumb like that and never in the face. There's too much bone, you'll hurt your hand.
- The Adventures of Icarus, the Invisible Poltergeist has quite a few. "Sir? Why does the Muggle cauldron have a hat?"
- The Black Bunny in which Voldemort's animagus form is a cute little black bunny.
"Really, that's not the best of partnerships. You know they hate each other," Harry said. "Draco used to bring out the worst in me. He'll have no problems doing it to Herm—""I AM ONE WORD AWAY FROM KILLING YOU, MALFOY!! BACK OFF YOU WHINY LITTLE GIT!""YOU COULND'T KILL A FLY, GRANGER! NOT ONLY DO YOU NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, BUT THE FLIES CAN'T STAND THE SMELL OF FILTH LIKE YOU. NOT EVEN THE LOWEST OF INSECTS WILL GO NEAR—"By that time, Harry's eyes had been closed and he'd prepared for the sound of flesh hitting flesh. Though really, it sounded like heavy books hitting against flesh."My nose!" Draco wailed, his voiced clogged as if his nose was full of blood. "She broke my nose!""I told you," Harry said to Tom."Malfoy had that coming."Tom and Harry turned towards the man who'd softly spoken the words. They'd forgotten he was even there. "He did," Harry said with a grin. "Yep!""You are dismissed," Tom murmured to Charleston. The Auror stood, bowed, and then departed."Is he a pureblood?" Harry asked curiously."Half blood.""You are such a hypocrite. Pureblood supremacy and blah blah blah...""And you are a bloody headache waiting to happen."
- Later there's the instance where Voldemort makes Draco work with Hermione:
Harry led [Tom Riddle] over to a table and called for Tally. "Bring Master's victory cake," he instructed the moment she appeared. Tally bowed and instantly vanished again.A minute later, Tom was staring down at the table where the house elf had returned and placed Harry's chocolate cake. Words were scrawled upon the top of the cake with white icing. The message read: Congratulations! You did something right!
- From the same fic there's this:
- The Carols For Crazies on The HMS STFU, a series of Christmas-themed filks, were all funny, but especially the final one entitled "/".
- Dark Lord Rising has an instance where some aurors throw a large, drunk prisoner into Draco's cell and much squealing could be heard from that cellblock and then there's The Reveal:
[Auror Trainee Kenneth Worthington IV] opened the cell door and stopped dead in his tracks. Draco was curled up in the corner of the lower bunk pointing his wand at a piglet that was running in circles squealing in a panic while trying to find a way out.Realizing that someone must have played a joke on the poor boy, Kenneth quickly stunned the disgusting animal and picked it up to remove it from the cell. Concerned, he turned to the boy and asked gently, "Are you okay, Mr. Malfoy?"Draco had been in a blind panic when the brute of a man was about to mount him like some common tart that he almost forgot about the holdout wand that he kept up his sleeve that the auror didn't take when he was thrown inside. Unable to articulate a spell, he jabbed his wand at his attacker and his magic responded to his desperation and transfigured the man into a piglet.He had curled into the corner of the bed and covered himself with the sheets while keeping his wand pointed at the pig in case his transfiguration failed. Suddenly, he realized that the squealing had stopped and the kind auror that helped him maintain as much of his dignity as possible was standing part way in the cell holding an unconscious pig.Clearing his throat, Draco managed to sound as haughty as possible and half drawled, half shrieked, "No, I'm not alright! Some wanker threw a squealing pig from the kitchens in my cell!"Blushing at the mild rebuke, Auror Worthington said hurriedly, "I'm so sorry, Milord. I'll make sure this pig finds its way back to the kitchens and report this to my superiors."Smiling inwardly, Draco conciliatorily said, "Please forgive my rudeness. Someone just wanted to play a joke on me, I'm sure. No one needs to get into trouble on my account.""As you wish, Sir." Kenneth answered with a smile before asking, "Do you need anything else to make you comfortable?"Draco took a look at the pig slash would be rapist in the aurors' arms and said simply, "Perhaps a bacon sandwich and a spot of tea wouldn't be a bad way to start my morning after such a rude awakening."
- The So Bad, It's Good fic Dark Secrets has the theoretically disturbing scene in which Ron the Death Eater breaks into Mary Sue's room to menace her. With the line "my preciousss".
- Deserving's classic line: "I hate that you have a cock!"
- In the fanfic Fauna's Fate Harry was abandoned by the Dursleys in an orphanage, and was found and adopted by Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. At age 15, he enrolls in Hogwarts and is sorted into Slytherin. Naturally, there he has to deal with Draco Malfoy, who attempts to assert himself as the top dog. From the start, Harry calls Malfoy "Smallboy" in a reference to his relatively short stature. This nickname slowly makes its way around Hogwarts, culminating in a Transfiguration class in which, after Harry throws Malfoy's wand out of the window, McGonagall arrives and the following exchange takes place:
McGonagall: Take your seat, Mr. Malfoy.
Malfoy: Professor McGonagall, Black threw...
McGonagall: Your seat.
Malfoy: But my wand...
McGonagall: TAKE YOUR SEAT, MR. SMALLBOY!
- The famous Lily/James diary-style fanfic Haggis from Algernon. The entire fucking thing, although anything related to the character of Helena Hodge is particularly hilarious. Also these lines:
James: Note to self: must teach Algernon the difference between Remus Lupin and a pancake.James: You have a nice bum. I like your hair. Marry me, yeah?Lily: I'll marry Snape just to piss him off. And then I'll jump off the Eiffel Tower and die!Lily: *about Sirius* Then I told him to go fuck himself up his own arse. That’s not physically possible in most cases, but as Black essentially is one giant dick, I’m sure he’ll manage. Or, you know, maybe he’ll ask James to do it for him, since he’s so into him and all. I’m still holding out for Black’s death by paper cut. I hope I’m there to see it.
- Also, James leaving the Marauder's Map to Remus in his will, because he "doesn't trust the other two not to lose it."
- All of Harry Potter & the Azkaban Paradoy, in which everyone demands that Harry forgive them for wrongfully sending him to Azkaban Prison for "one year, three months, two weeks, four days, seven hours, thirteen minutes, and twenty six seconds," killing his owl right in front of him, stealing from him, and destroying his property without actually asking him for their forgiveness.
Dumbledore: Yes, you see I managed to get a law passed that says you, Harry Potter, have to complete your education at Hogwarts where you will be constantly bombarded with all the people you don't want to see until we break you down and force you to forgive us.
- When Draco tries mocking Harry in Harry Potter and the Three Rules, Harry cuts him right down.
Draco: "I so pity those who have to stay at Hogwarts over the holidays because they're not wanted at home."Harry: "Me too. But even worse are the ones who, after all these years, still haven't received an ounce of subtlety for Christmas."
- The "abusive Dursleys" and "Harry the Death Eater" plots are parodied in Harry Potters Anonymous when the various Harry Potters from multiple fanfic universe have a meeting:
"In any case, I can assure you that none of us are planning to join the Death Eaters any time soon–"
A shifty-looking Potter raised his hand. "Ah, well, I might've changed my mind about that..."
The Potter wearing the Death Eater mask cheered loudly. "Welcome, brother! I am pleased to be informed that you have regained your sensibilities and have decided to claim your proper place in life!"
"Yes, well–" the Potter who had previously been in control of the conversation attempted to regain it.
"Damn, mate! How could you do that to us?" wailed a redheaded Potter.
"'E said 'e'd get me away from the Dursleys, 'e did," admitted the shifty-looking Potter.
"The Dursleys?" the nerdy-looking Potter asked, confused expression plastered over his face. "Why? What did they ever do to you?"
"They beat me," said the shifty-looking Potter. "And made me stay in the cupboard under the stairs whenever they had guests over."
"My uncle used to lock me in the cupboard under the stairs for months at a time!" another Potter shouted in indignation. "But you don't see me complaining about it, do you?"
"The cupboard? That's nothing! He used to lock me in a closet!"
"A closet? What are you complaining about? You had it good! My uncle would shove me underneath a loose floorboard at night! And then he'd pull a rug over it so I couldn't get out!"
"At least you had that! My uncle would put me in a shoebox! Then he'd wrap it in fifty feet of chains, and lock it in the garden sheds."
There was a moment of silence as all present bowed their heads.
"Good old Vernon," the nerdy-looking Potter said with something approaching fondness in his voice.
"Good ole Verny," the drunk Potter agreed with a hiccup.
"He still beat me," said the shifty-looking Potter, now looking decidedly uncomfortable.
"Ah, those were the days," agreed another Potter.
"I remember this one time, he hit me so hard I saw stars," the nerdy Potter said.
"You saw stars?" another Potter scoffed. "You got off easy. Once he hit me so hard I saw entire galaxies of stars."
"Pah!" said another Potter, the glass of Firewhiskey in his hand held at a precarious angle. "That's nothing! The old man used to hit me so hard I saw galaxies, daily."
"If he just hit you, you were lucky. My uncle used to whip me with his belt every day!"
"You mean he only used his belt? So what? My uncle used a whip!"
"A whip? Please. Vernon used to beat me over the head with a broken beer bottle every time I came home!"
"I only wish my uncle had used a beer bottle! He used to stab me repeatedly with a knife every night before he went to bed!"
"Oh really? That's nothing! My uncle used to beat me to death every night, and dance on my grave!"
Everyone looked admiringly at the Potter wearing the black fedora.
"And we mustn't forget our dear old Aunt Petunia," sighed one Potter, a disturbingly lovesick expression on his pasty face.
"Petunia," sighed another. "Dear, dear Petty."
"She tried to drown me in a bucket of cleaning solution once," the nerdy looking Potter said wistfully.
"Once? That's nothing! She tried to drown me repeatedly!"
"Tried to? You got off lucky! She drowned me so bad I actually died!" exclaimed the Potter in the Death Eater mask.
"I got better."
- From The Horrible Interpretation Of The Prophecy:
Voldemort's letter: Dear Sworn Enemy,It has recently come to my attention that you are gay.This is of great concern to me. I know you have repeatedly said you will not join me, but I am still worried. I know I am dead sexy-Hermione: What?Harry: That's what it says.Ron: Oh yeah. I know loads of girls who are completely turned on by a guy with no body.Voldemort's letter: but I feel obliged to tell you that I am straight.Ron: Hey, 'mione. Do you reckon that means you have a shot with him?Hermione: Shut up, Ronald.Voldemort's letter: Now, I am unsure of how much Dumbledore has told you, but I have another reason for concern. A prophecy exists involving us.I know what the first half says. To summarize, someone has the power to vanquish me.Now, my reason for concern is that I fear you are the one who is suppose to vanquish me. I fear you are going to try and do this through sex. That is the reason for this letter.Harry: Voldemort wrote me a letter because he thinks I am going to bugger him to death. My life has reached a new low.Voldemort's letter: I also would like to tell you that I have several followers who are, um, indecisive in regards to their preferred gender. While it is good that you have picked one, I must say I believe you made the wrong decision. Women are great. Just the other day, I was remembering my later years at Hogwarts. There is a broom cupboard that is perfect for-Harry: NO. I'm not reading the rest of it. There are two pages that go into great detail regarding why I shouldn't be gay.Hermione: Skip ahead.Voldemort's letter: In conclusion, do not be gay. If you neglect this piece of advice, take another. Do not be gay with me. It will anger me, but it will not vanquish me. Now I turn the rest of the parchment over to Wormtail, who so generously wrote this for me, as I still lack a body. That does not make me any less sexy, though.Wormtail's message: Harry, if you still feel the need to be gay after my master's wonderful reasoning of why not to be, then let me say this. Your father, had I not gotten him killed, would not think any less of you for who you are. Indeed, many times with I believe both Sirius and later Remus-Harry: AHHHHHH.
- Hermione in The Hunt for Harry Potter does not take insults well.
Tonks: "Uh Hermione? When cornering a suspect, the proper course of action is to ask for them to surrender. Not yell, 'What did you call me?!', blow them up, laugh, blow up the rubble, laugh some more, blow up the rubble of the rubble, then say, 'Who's the bitch now, bitch?'."
- An Interesting Little Legal Problem by After the Rain has this gem:
"That's the Black family tree, the original document. It was attached to the wall with a Permanent Sticking Charm, so we had to wait for the next full moon and get our resident werewolf to gnaw it off, but I think he made a pretty neat job of it. No damage to the tapestry."
- Knowledge is Power gives us a glorious piece of (probably) Accidental Innuendo courtesy of Sirius, who's contemplating dating after seeing how happy it's made Remus:
Sirius was just going to have to do a Moony, he needed to get up off his arse and go for it.
- In Langsyne Snape makes assumptions:
"What are you all doing out here?" Severus inquired of the group that appeared to be gathered outside of a particular room.
"Shush." One of the robed men whispered to him, jostling for a position closer to the door.
Snape felt his wand hand twitch at the blatant disrespect showed him. Here he was, one of the highest ranking Death Eaters –that being the inner circle – told, as if he were a child, to be quiet. "Who is in there?"
"My Lord and the vampire." Said another which was quickly followed by, "Now shut up, I can't hear."
Severus grimaced. When had the Death Eaters lowered themselves to a show of voyeurism? And on the Dark Lord of all people! The whole lot of them had to be damn near suicidal.
"I've never heard of that one."
"There went the table."
Severus turned a touch green. He didn't need, nor want to know what happened between his masters. It was bad enough just having the knowledge that they were intimate; he didn't need to eavesdrop as well.
"Oh, the whip again!"
"I can't believe that vampire holds up so well."
"Well, you know what they say…."
"Big things in small packages?"
The group snickered. Snape turned abruptly on his heal and marched away as fast as he could without it appearing like he was fleeing.
"Wonder where he's going?"
"Don't know, but he's always been a bit squeamish. Especially of late."
"Still, the curses they're using are amazing."
- The Lie I've Lived. After his battle with the Dementors at the end of PoA, Harry finds out that he has all his dad's memories, courtesy of all the weird magic flying around the night Voldemort tried to kill him. When he tells Sirius:
Harry: Didn't I tell you to shut it? It shook loose something all right, but it wasn't power. I found all of Prongs's memories in my head â€“ the entire life and times of James Potter.
Sirius: If you're having one on me, Harry, this isn't a funny joke.
Harry: If I was having one on I'd tell you I have Lily's memories and now I'm gender confused.
- An honourable mention must go to the way HJ (as he styles himself soon after the events spoiler-tagged above) deals with the First Task. It has to be read to be believed, but to give you some idea of the sheer Crazy Awesome of it, the only reason Albus denied him a perfect ten was because he committed the cardinal sin of covering a Rolling Stones song other than "Ruby Tuesday".
- Make a Wish basically consists entirely of these: After finding out about the prophecy in book 5, Harry decides to have a bit of fun before his inevitable end at the hands of Voldemort and goes on a world trip. He travels from country to country in the disguise of "Mr. Black" and due to an egregious amount of dumb luck and strange coincidences, he dispatches Death Eaters and other bad guys left and right without really realizing what he is doing. The whole time, "Mr. Black" is watched by various magical law enforcement organizations, reporters, etc. who are convinced that Harry's bumbling around is actually a case of Obfuscating Stupidity. When Harry returns to England, "Mr. Black" is dreaded all over the world as the biggest badass dark-wizard-killer of known history, who is older and more powerful than Merlin himself, was responsible for the sinking of Atlantis, etc. pp.
- Which gets an even more hilarious shoutout in the [[Larceny, Lechery, and Luna Lovegood!]] fanfic where Harry is a Master thief and breaks into various houses. However, he hasn't been around in public and Dumbledore and various other Wizards are musing as to what he might be up to. Suddenly a Wizard yells that "Harry has changed his name to Black and is secretly kicking Voldemorts ass!". This does gets dismissed but had this troper in stitches.
- The Man in Draco's Bed is basically made of this. A desperate Lucius, standing in Malfoy Manor's entrance hall, pointing a gun to his own temple, says it all: “THAT’S IT. I’M MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE! I’VE GOT BLOODY DEATH EATERS STUCK IN ROOMS ALL OVER MY HOME, A COVEN OF FUCKING GRYFFINDORS IN THE SITTING ROOM, A DOTTY OLD COOT PLAYING “SCRATCH THE KITTY” WITH HIS PET ANIMAGUS, A PREGNANT TEMPORARY-SQUIB SON-IN-LAW WHO’S EATING ME OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME AND THE FUCKING LORD OF DARKNESS STANDING OUT ON MY FRONT STEPS!!! LIFE AS I KNOW IT…IS… NOW … OFFICIALLY …OVER!”
- Naked Quidditch Match. All of Harry and Voldemort's correspondence, full stop:
To: PotterFrom: Lord Voldemort NOT Tommy!Re: Re: MinionsAre you threatening ME?-LVTo: TOMMY!!!!From: Harry PotterRe: Re: Re: MinionsWhy, yes! Now that you ask.Whatcha going to do about it? Kill me?- Harry
- "A story of pain and sorrow, not intented for comfort or laughter...a story that remains untold, on of abuse and blood...telling of a shattered girl who learned to twist a heart of stone into one of warm gold. This is not a story for the faint of heart, nor the happy in spirit. But for those who are able to understand what it means to be hurt...to watch as a girl's spirit is shattered like glass upon concrete. Watch as she melts the young master's heart of ice, and watch as she helps him heal. She has no name, but his... is Señor Draco."
- Newton Knows Best is one long laugh-fest, but the description of Gladderbee's comet (which becomes a Brick Joke) takes the cake:
...she quite wanted to accelerate James’ mass with the amount of force necessary to place him straight in the path of one of the tree’s flailing branches. She didn’t, though. Mainly because she thought it wouldn’t get her her wand back any time before Gladderbee’s Comet came round again (Gladderbee’s Comet passes the Earth every five hundred years, and only if it happens to be a year in which a leprechaun of the age of six hundred and sixty-nine years old has died standing up, his left eye closed in a wink, while he is having a flirtation with a fairy with green wings. In the entire infinite expanse of time, Gladderbee’s Comet has only passed the Earth an extra-ordinary total of zero consecutive times)
- Also, Lupin's reaction to Lily's behavior in the hospital wing.
- In Obsessive Lily Disorder there are countless moments, some of the best being:
- - "Thanks Sirius," Remus replied ungratefully, "for stomping on my wand, rubbing your arse up against me and suggesting an appropriate choice of committing suicide."- "Are you saying you have female friends?" Peter asked Sirius."Of course I do!""Alright then, name one.""Err... Bellatrix!""She's your cousin," Remus pointed out. "Relations don't count.""Besides, have you forgotten that you hate her guts and want a Thestral to mow her down?" James reminded him."Just because I think she's a bitch doesn't mean she's not my friend," Sirius argued. "I think you're all bitches, but you're still my friends."- Sirius puts a spell on James that forces him to only speak in rhyme: "Your name is Sirius Black. You are on crack. Your face is not in tack. All you do is yack. You're something I want to whack. You have no ball sack-"- Just everything to do with the Peenapul sisters. Everything.- "Well, isn't that typical," Sirius remarked, rolling his eyes. Remus shone a look of confusion. "Even when you're high, Moony, you see intelligent things." He wagged a finger. "Prongs see's Lily-silly-billy. Wormtail sees bunnies. I see boobs. And what do you see? Historical figures."- Remus made a hellish glare. "Bend over before I bite you."- All of James' suicide attempts. Particularly the one where he tries to drown himself in the lake: "Hey, they're my handcuffs!" Sirius shouted, examining them from a distance. "Oh, wait. Those are pink and fluffy. Mine are black. I do apologize."- "Well, actually," Sirius cringed, "It was the Moony-man's homophobic spirit in him that saved you," he said proudly.Remus looked at him indcredulously. "Did you just call me homophobic?""Oh, sorry. I meant heroic."James cracked up laughing but only led to outcries of pain and coughing up a little phlegm on his bed sheet."Oh, that's lovely," Sirius commented, looking at the spit where his hand had been only seconds before.Sirius gasped as if he were burned. "Fine!" he said, in a tone which clearly stated he was not, "Fine! I'll prank Snivellus by myself. But you'll be sorry when I have the medal for honouree homophobic-ness...I mean heroicness! HEROICNESS, damn it! Why are those words so bloody similar?"- The entire scene when James and Peter walk in on Sirius tying Remus up so he can force feed him Polyjuice Potion and jump to the wrong conclusion.- When James lampshades the fact the Sirius a lot of the songs that Sirius keeps singing haven't been written yet (because it's set in the 70's.)
- In the sequel You Give Me Heart Palpatations we have:
- Sirius' version of the Lord' Prayer: "Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, heaven is better than hell, daily bread is nice- especially toast- trespassers will be shot. The end. Amen. Anyone want to join me for lunch? I have the odd sensation for salad.”- Sirius singing 'Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting' and Remus threatening to leap off the back of their broom if he didn't shut up.- James, Lily, Sirius, Remus and Pettigrew missing the train and attempting to walk to Hogwarts: "Sirius suddenly thought of an ingenious idea and stopped walking, making the others take attention to him. "Oooow," he moaned, rather theatrically. He put the back of his hand to his head and groaned again, hovering a foot in the air. "My foot hurts," he shot an inclining look at Remus, "Moony, could you be a doll and-""Don't even think about it."- Sirius' letter to Dumbledore explaining that they missed the train that got exceedingly off-topic:Yo, Dumbley-door!Just writing a note to tell you we are cool (teenage slang word for fine and well).No need to worry about us, especially me since I am exceedingly missed, mostly by Professor McGonagall who is probably reading this over your shoulder and was in your office because she was giving you a spanking! OH YEAH, SIRIUS BLACK KNOWS ALL, MATE. Don't think that I haven't seen you two do footsie under the teachers' table in the great hall, you two! If you don't give me a million galleons by tomorrow evening at seventeen hundred hours, I will be forced to declare your TEACHERS SEX to the ENTIRE SCHOOL at the breakfast table. DON'T THINK THAT I WON'T DO IT, MATEY-- Remus eyed Sirius' trouser pocket with suspicion, the clothing looking more active than usual. "You can let him out now."Sirius cocked an eyebrow. "Excuse me?""Peter. You can let Peter out now.""That's funny, 'cos I thought you were referring to my-""Don't even," Remus cut in shortly.- Sirius calling everyone 'papoose' as both an insult and a term of endearment, despite Remus' frequent protests that that neither is the real definition.- A conversation between James and Sirius about Remus' 'furry little problem' leads Frank Longbottom to believe that they're planning an orgy with a rabbit.- Sirius' alternating names for Hogsmeade whilst drunk: Hoogamed, Hogmeedy and Hoggasmed.- "Yawning, James was about to make his way to his dorm for bed, when he remembered Lily was still unconscious on the floor – sadly remembering it too late as he tripped over one of her strewn arms with a "What the bugger!" "- "I really think getting drunk in a forbidden forest is a bad idea. You're likely to get molested by a centaur," said James."Ugh," Sirius shuddered. "You know what the worst part about that would be? They'd probably do it while commenting every few seconds, 'Mars is bright tonight'.""The way they go on about the luminosity of Mars you'd think it was decorated in Christmas tree lights.""I wish it was so I could actually see it in the sky for once when a centaur remarks about it."- He looked over her shoulder and scanned the note; his face quickly matched Lily's. "My, it appears to be drawings of stick people.""Labeled after us," Lily pointed to their names. "And what exactly are the stick people doing, James?"He had a feeling she very well knew what the diagrams of the stick people were doing - she just wanted to embarrass him. And she was doing an exceptional job of it, turning him redder than ever."They're…" He cleared his throat. "They're having… sex, in various impossible positions." He met Lily's eyes and looked apologetic. "I swear I did not draw those-""Sirius," Lily presumed before he went on. "For someone who you've said has never even had sex, it's rather alarming that he knows so many ways to… apparently break your groin.""Especially in that one," James tapped the parchment with a squirm. "We should leave this around to freak out some first years."Lily stared at him. "And that is why Dumbledore chose you as Head Boy."
- So yeah, basically anything involving Sirius will be a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Palimpsest has this conversation between Harry and Draco while they're chained up in a dungeon for detention:
Harry: "Hang around here often?"Draco: "No, first time for me. Do Muggles do this a lot?"Harry: "I suppose it had to happen, sooner or later. I mean, if Filch never got to chain anyone up, no one would take him seriously anymore, would they?"Draco: "True, true. But even though it's an old, traditional, and customary punishment, I'm not really certain Father will consider my present situation one likely to add luster to the Malfoy name."Harry: "So, sucks to be you?"Draco: "Sucks and double sucks. Professor Snape is my Godfather. What he leaves will, sooner or later, get worked over by Father. For my own good. For letting down the name."Harry: "Belt or cane?"Draco: "Please, please, Potter. We're an old and magical family. Belt and cane are so… Muggle. Pain and humiliation have been studied for hundreds of years by my family. You couldn't understand…"Harry: "Sucks to be you. I'm sorry, and I don't even like you. And we two didn't even start it! I mean, here we are, and… why?"Draco: "Malfoys lead, even when we don't. Uneasy lies the head that wears the… hair? All of a sudden I'm not feeling all that witty. I'll just get quiet, and… panic. Ah, you're not bad company, Potter."
- In Partially Kissed Hero, Harry needs to distract Dumbledore, so he dupes the entire Wizarding government of England into thinking that the evil American muggle Colonel Harland Sanders (KFC) and his cronies Barney the Dinosaur and a doughboy from Pillsbury are out to kill them with eleven herbs and spices.
- Possibly even better is when, after Harry hires most of Hogwarts's house-elves, the now understaffed Hogwarts elves start bringing in food from outside instead of cooking dinner themselves to cut down the workload—starting with hundreds of buckets of KFC. Dumbledore has a heart attack upon seeing it and is dragged away screaming about how eleven herbs and spices were going to poison them all.
- While an amusing idea, a fair warning: It would have been funny... if it weren't for the massive canon rape, brutality, gore, massive rapes, idiot plot and beyond measure "psychopathic morality" to enjoy. Is like a combination of Naked Empire, Paladin of Shadows with Hostel but badly written. And its a "serious" work. This troper (reading from the above link)was to horrorified by this point to even chuckle.
- But, that said, if you ignore that it is quite fun to read. Just don't actually think about what happens in it much or their implications.
- From The Power To Vanquish The Dark Lord:
Harry: So, I just need to know how to fall in love when I don't want to and I completely hate the person and want him dead.Hermione: You do know that's usually not the best place to start from?
- Random Mutterings at the Back *At the Little Hangelton graveyard, random Death Eaters at the back discuss:*
- 1: Sir is still yakking. Oh shit he's going to tell us how clever he is... and my knees are killing me. My rheumatism will 'alf give me gyp kneeling in a damp churchyard.2: And listen to him whinge on about how we didn't spend the last 12 bloody years crawling all over Europe looking for him. As if I didn't have better things to do with my time.1: Too right. 'Mightier than any living wizard' my arse. If he's so fucking mighty, why doesn't he just curse Potter instead of talking us all to death?2: I think I've ruptured something. Not natural balancing on one knee.1: Doesn't he go on.........1: Oh come on, just KILL him and be done with it.2: What's the hurry?1: I think I've left the cauldron on.2: What's that he's going on about now? Why doesn't he just kill him?1: Too bloody fond of the sound of his own voice. Squeaky git...
- A good part of Odd Ideas, but the one that takes the cake is Chapter 152, "Warden Black", where it is found very early that Sirius is innocent and, in exchange, he demands being made Warden of Azkaban. To carry out his plan to turn the Death Eaters into useless wastes of space (just in case Voldemort tries to break them out), he puts televisions in every cell to hook the Death Eaters into Muggle TV programs and hires a Muggle-born to cook incredibly fattening food (to be given to the prisoners six times a day). Fifteen years later...
Voldemort invades a surprisingly lacking-in-defenses Azkaban, and gets interrupted.
"Outta the way," a grotesque voice screeched. "Yer blocking the tele."
Voldemort turned, a spell on his lips to end the enormous creature that had dared speak to him in such a manner. "Av-Bella?" His most faithful of followers had really let herself go. Where once she'd been a sleek engine of destruction, years of deep fried food and a sedentary lifestyle had left her five times her previous size.
"My Lord," the woman replied, shoving another handful of deep fried chocolate lard balls into her mouth. "I knew you'd return." Her eyes stared past him at the television. "The others lost faith but I never did. I've exercised ever day so that I'd be prepared to return to your side."
"You've exercised?" he asked in disbelief, staring at the fifty five stone woman with profound dismay.
"Yes, my Lord. Years of prison have takent their toll, but I remain the most fit and ready of your servants."
"Most fit?" he felt faint. He was going to have to start over from the beginning, something made immeasurably more difficult without the contacts he'd made through his years at Hogwarts.
- All of Ron's Hogwarts, a Ron bashfic that Crosses the Line Twice. For instance there's when Ron decides to run away because the teachers are actually making him do school work at school:
"I'm going to run away." Ron says in the early morning hours after he's back in the Gryffindor Tower. "Mum and Dad will have to make her stop being so mean to me." Getting up he sneaks out of the room, sneaking out of the door and down the to the kitchen, after all he can't run away on an empty stomach...
"How far did he get?"
"Not even to the edge of the Hogwarts wards. He was cold and hungry and his feet hurt."
"Hey Weasley, if you're running away. . .the general idea is to leave." Draco says mockingly. Everybody in the Great Hall who'd heard Harry tell Ginny Ron had run away or been told by others as they came into the room laugh.
- All of Saying No but especially the Black Comedy of Harry and Ron's experiments with the range and limitations of the summoning spell—starting with the murder of Dudley Dursley's computer to seeing if they could use it to maim or kill Death Eaters from a distance:
Ron: I'm game. But where do you want to start?Harry: Internal organs first.Ron: Do you mind? I'm eating!Harry: Sorry.Ron: I'll live. Besides, if you're going to go through with this, you might want to do it while Hermione's upstairs. *looks longingly at his sandwich* If it works, I'll only sick the thing up.Harry: Accio Pettigrew's heart!Ron: Harry, open the window!Harry: Crap. Forgot about that!
- Slip of the Tongue (warning, this fic contains explicit sex) All of it is hilarious. But particularly:
- - Snape rather hoped Lockhart would swish a little too enthusiastically by the fire and go up in flames.- He could catch up on his professional journal reading, as he was falling behind due to having to deal with idiotic fellow faculty, dunderheaded DADA instructors who were neither competent in the Dark Arts nor qualified to be instructors ... or he could drink until his eyes crossed and fall into bed.The last option sounded best.- (Just after the sex scene) It was lovely. Incredible. Wonderful."Darling!"It was Lockhart.Snape gave up the fight and fainted dead away.- Finally, and worst of all, the randy peacock not only sat next to him, but then began to rattle on about what a wonderful couple they made and how he couldn't wait to have another rendezvous and do it all again.Flitwick, Hooch and McGonagall gave him identical looks of complete shock, then Snape was appalled to see money exchange hands. Hooch looked quite smug afterward.He was simply going to have to kill them all.Or perhaps just himself.Or maybe just Dumbledore.Still undecided, he stormed away from the breakfast table and hid in his laboratory until he could safely sneak up to Dumbledore's office. Not that he would admit he hid, nor sneaked, although he did indeed do both.[...]Dumbledore's eyes were twinkling.That did it. He had to kill Dumbledore. He opened his mouth to say exactly that when it hit him that he couldn't kill Dumbledore. For one thing, Dumbledore wouldn't let him. For another, of the lot of them, Dumbledore was the least expendable."Please," he begged, unashamed. "Kill me now."The twinkle disappeared in a wave of shock. "Erm," Dumbledore said very slowly, "toffee?""Or I'll simply have to kill Lockhart. No one would miss him. Truly. Honestly. Who would miss him? I wouldn't! You wouldn't! Nobody would! OUCH!" he yelped as he forgot for a moment, in the heat of his plea, and sat down directly on his abused bum. He popped back up to his feet, alternately glaring balefully and staring pleadingly at Dumbledore.
- In Some Other Beginning's End when mentor!Voldemort learns that Harry is completely illiterate in runes, parseltongue or otherwise:
Voldemort: You are going to be able to read and write fluently in both alphabets within the next decade, Harry. Which would you like to learn first?Harry: I guess Parseltongue. If for nothing else, it'll be interesting to read something by another parselmouth. I can see it now: 'Muggles Are Dumb and Stinky' by Salazar Slytherin, and the sequel: 'Yeah, What He Said,' by Tom Marvolo Riddle.Voldemort: I will have you know that neither Salazar Slytherin nor myself have published any books, and if we had – they would certainly be about more important things than muggle bashing.Harry: Right, of course. He'd also have written 'Godric Gryffindor is a Poo-Poo Head' and then you'd have: 'So is Harry Potter'.Voldemort: Enough of that.
- Surrender gives us this gem after the Hogwarts staff has been unknowingly dosed with veritaserum:
Professor Snape: Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts. You have had five teachers in this subject so far, I believe: The Dark Lord himself, an incompetent fraud, a werewolf, a death eater in league with the Dark Forces, and a giggling sadist in a league well beyond the Dark Forces. Needless to say, your education in this subject leaves a little to be desired. From which any reasonable person would conclude that it is a very, very bad idea to let a 116 year old man make hiring decisions all by himself. But for some reason, the rest of Dumbledore's starry-eyed staff refuses to see things that way. Given this appalling lack of proper instruction, I am surprised - no, impressed, dammit- that so many of you scraped a passing grade in this subject. I cannot imagine where you all learned so much about Defense Against the Dark Arts, especially since you were taught by Professor Umbridge last year, who wouldn't recognize the Dark Lord if he were sitting right in front of her.Tom Riddle (disguised as Draco Malfoy): Well, I'm glad we've got you teaching us this year, then, sir.Professor Snape: Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's odd... Why is it that I can no longer read your thoughts, Mr. Malfoy? Have you been practicing occlumency over the summer? I wouldn't have thought someone of your normally paltry intellect capable of such a thing. Not that I'm complaining, mind you; it is rather a relief not to risk accidentally picking up on your ridiculous fantasies about certain of your classmates in the middle of my class. I do wish the rest of you would practice occlumency as well, but I suppose that is too much to hope for. I cannot help sensing your perverted daydreams when you are supposed to be paying attention in class. Being a legilimens is really more of a curse than a blessing when one is teaching teenagers. I must admit that some of your fantasies are mildly entertaining and good for a laugh, but several of them are rather disturbing. My detentions are not nearly as interesting as some of you seem to imagine. I am also growing terribly weary of centaur fantasies - that goes for you, Miss Patil, Miss Brown, Miss Parkinson, and Mr. Goyle. As for you, Mr. Longbottom, nobody should do that with a plant. And Mr. Weasley... Oh, that's just preposterous! Obliviate!Ron: Thank you, sir. I feel a lot better now. Wait - what happened?
"I have a suggestion," put in Remus Lupin mildly. "Why don't we all sit down and listen to what Harry has to say?""Wonderful idea, love." Sirius beamed at him and ruffled his hair affectionately, but McGonagall sighed deeply."Sit down and listen? That's all well and good, Remus - but that boy is Voldemort, for Merlin's sake! He's going to kill Harry, and the rest of us too, if he gets a chance. He needs to be disarmed.""All right." Harry stuck his hand in Tom's pocket and pulled out his wand. He placed the wand in the middle of the kitchen table. "There. I disarmed the Dark Lord." He kissed Tom softly on the lips. "It was a spectacular duel. Can we talk now?"McGonagall eyed Tom warily. "Maybe he's got some other wands hidden somewhere. Better check, Harry.""Happy to..." Harry brushed his hands over Tom, and Sirius muttered: "Oh, get a room, boys!"
- Then there's the instance where the identity of Harry's boyfriend becomes known:
- Stupid Good!Harry in To The Waters and the Wild:
*I will eat you up! I will eat... I will rip.. Tear...*
* Oh, are you hungry, then?* Harry reached out and petted the hard greenish scales gently. *That's not surprising, actually. It's got to be hard to find enough food when you are this size...*
* I will eat you!* insisted the serpent.
Harry had to laugh. *Oh, no, Mr. Basilisk, I'm not food. And neither is Tom, of course. But if you hang on a minute, I'll find you some sausages or something - the Slytherin boys always sneak some up to the common room with them after lunch. Ron always seems to get hungry in the late afternoon, and Crabbe and Goyle as well. Oh, but I do have an apple in my pocket.* Harry produced the apple and handed it to the poor snake. The apple looked ridiculously tiny compared to the vast green serpent. *It's not a lot for you to eat when you are this size, of course, but if we just shrink you down a little...There!*
The next moment, the huge shape looming above them was gone, and in its stead, a pretty footlong snake stared up at Harry with golden eyes. *What... How did you get so big?*
Harry laughed and picked up the snake. *I didn't get bigger; you just got a little smaller, Mr. Basilisk. Here, try the apple - it should be a lot more filling now.*
The serpent hesitated for a moment, then gulped down the apple and looked hungrily at Harry's arm. It was a good thing Harry had dimmed the Basilisk's vision, or he might have had a little stony patch on his forearm right now! Or maybe the petrifying gaze only worked if you looked back with your eyes?
Harry turned to Tom with a smile. "Come on, Tom! Let's go get him some sausages. He still seems hungry."
But Tom just stood there for a long moment, staring at Harry with his wide silver-grey eyes. How curious that Tom, who was usually made of nothing but words, now suddenly seemed to be at a loss for them!
- Tom VS Muggle Technology, in which Lord Voldemort is "attacked" by a microwave:
Harry: What in the world are you doing to the poor machine!Tom: It tried to attack me!Harry: You dropped your cufflink.Tom: And?Harry: Microwave and metal make big boom.
- The otherwise unremarkable Harry/Ginny Lemon The Voice of Experience by Laylah (registration required) has this immortal punchline:
And then it happened: perfectly in time with each other, the way that sex never happens in real life, [Harry and Ginny] came in unison, moaning, "Oh... yes... Draco!"The Talk that followed was far less thrilling than the sex, though at least as educational.
- In Wrong For Him when Voldemort gives his minions new orders—"seduce Potter":
Bellatrix: If I said you had a good body would you hold it against me?Snape: I'm like a Rubik's cube. The more you play with me, the harder I get.Harry: *laughing hysterically*Snape: Is that a no then? Very well. And pull yourself together, Potter. You look like an idiot.Dolohov: If I bit my lip would you kiss it better?Random Deatheater1: Can I have your picture? I want Santa to know exactly what I want for Christmas.Random Deatheater2: Your beauty is so distracting it caused me to walk into a wall. I'll need your name and number for insurance purposes.Random Deatheater3: Excuse me; could you give me directions to your apartment?Random Deatheater4: If being sexy is a crime, you are guilty as charge—Harry: ENOUGH!Lucius: If I tossed this coin, what are the chances of me getting head?
- A greeting between strangers in this Homestuck fic:
“W-what do you want?”“Peace on Alternia, goodwill toward trolls irrespective of hemocaste, possibly a hard-boiled egg, and for it to stop fucking raining.”
- This Homestuck fic. So many cat puns...
- Gamzee's attempt to write fanfic and Equius' attempt to constructively criticise it, particularly when Gamzee tries to rhyme "fucks" with a smiley face, and this bit:
CT: D —> If you don’t dislike the character, why do you kill him off in such a pointless mannerTC: HeY, i gIvE ThAt mOtHeRfUcKeR A WaRrIoR’S DeAtH, tHe bEsT We aLl cAn hOpE FoR In tHiS CrAzY RiDe.CT: D —> Is that a warrior’s deathTC: WeLl, He dId sLiP ThE SoAp iN A MiLiTaRy sHoWeR So i gUeSs tHaT CoUnTs.
- While the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts fanfic, Reaching the Understanding, would count, there are several moments which stand out:
- The running gag about Terra being far too trusting.
"[insert someone here] paused for a moment. '... Yes.'"
- Ventus's inability to swear.
- Aqua's dirty, dirty mind.
"Agh? Zero Gravity?""Aqua, what the hell!""Sorry! That played out much better in my head!"
- Aqua: Seven men! Seven men!'
- As well as Master Eraqus walking in on his students in a very comprimising situation, getting exactly the wrong idea, and telling them a story from his youth with all of them taking it exactly the wrong way.
- The rock-paper-scissors of DESTINY!
- The running gag about Terra being far too trusting.
- Binary, a Kingdom Hearts detective AU, has a few of them. To name a few examples:
- Kingdom Hearts: The Short and Honest Version has one about every single chapter, due to the fact that everyone except Sora (sometimes) is a total asshole or an idiot of epic proportions.
- Sora and Kairi being part of the Crips, and the fight against Chernabog.
They fight that GARGOYLE DEMON MONSTER THING from that FANTASIA movie.Sora: This isn't so bad. All we have to do is not float in front of his mouth as he spews fire, and move away when he surrounds himself with flames from below.Goofy: WHAT'S THAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY SKIN BEING BURNT TO A CRISP! HYUCK!
- Sora and Kairi being part of the Crips, and the fight against Chernabog.
- Those Lacking Spines - I am very surprised it wasn't put here yet...
- Pain in the Axel. ALL OF IT. A few parts that stand out are Demyx leaping right up onto the ceiling light because he thinks his sitar is a demon and ate Axel, Marluxia cuddling his scythe like a teddy bear and singing songs from ''Oklahoma'', the results of Axel putting a sleeping Roxas on Larxene's bed, Marluxia having to wear Larxene's bathrobe, Axel and Roxas finding the Philosopher's Stone in Vexen's lab, Zexion screaming so loudly it literally shakes the castle when he sees his face has been drawn on, and Xemnas falling down every flight of stairs in the castle after slipping on the plastic honey bear Roxas threw out the window.
- The Pillow Prank, in which Larxene stuffs a pillow under her robe to make Xemnas think she's gotten pregnant. Xemnas' reaction is priceless.
Xemnas: AXEEEEEEEEEEEL!Larxene: (laughing hysterically, but stops when she realizes what Xemnas said) Wait - HEY!
- 11 Drunk Nobodies Play Slender, in which Xemnas and Saix have to go out for the night (due to the fact that Saix is a werewolf and Xemnas doesn't want any more supernatural shenanigans happening in his castle) and so the rest of Organization XIII decides to steal his supply of booze and play Slender. Drunken Hilarity Ensues.
Roxas: No - hic! - eyes, always wat - hic! - watches. Creepy...hic!Demyx: Like Xigbar?Xigbar: What?! I've still got one eye, you idiot!Demyx: Shut up, angry pirate...
- Xaldin and Demyx play a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide who plays next. Neither of them use the right signs and it ends with Xaldin punching Demyx out.
- When they find the first page:
Roxas: I CAN do this! I'm gonna beat the Slender Man!(One Gilligan Cut later)Roxas: (terrified) I can't do this! What made me think I could do this?!Axel: (sing-song) Roasty toasty Slender, roasty toasty Slender!
- Luxord gets so hammered he becomes unable to talk coherently.
- Demyx singing the "Secret Tunnel Song" from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Roxas' confidence going right out the window:
Axel: Yeah, Larxene! That bitch isn't scared of anything! She'll kick Slender Man's ass!Demyx: (excitedly) Or maybe he'll eat her!
- When Xigbar suggests finding Marluxia and Larxene to help them, since they won't be afraid of Slender Man:
Larxene: None of them suspect a thing about us being together: they all think you're gay anyway.Marluxia: What?! I told them, I just happen to like flowers and my hair color is completely natural!
- Larxene's reasoning for why the rest of the Organization hasn't figured out that she and Marluxia are a couple:
Zexion: L-Listen, Larxene...w-w-we didn't mean to walk in on you...we just...(Larxene summons her lighting) The hell with it - Run, Roxas!
- When Zexion and Roxas go out to find Marluxia and Larxene, they hear the two of them talking in a closet. Zexion opens the door... and finds them ass naked and starting to get it on. Then there's Zexion attempting to curb Larxene's Unstoppable Rage at being caught:
Larxene: So, just how wasted are you guys?Demyx: Aaaah! The devil! (turns and runs smack into the window)Larxene: I'm going to take that as a "plastered off your asses."
- When Lexaeus realizes he got a page, he uppercuts Xaldin in the chin and yells, "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO, THE COW SAYS MOO!"
- This exchange:
Xaldin and Demyx: (snickering)Larxene: Shut it, you dickbags, that was a traumatic experience.
- When Marluxia brings up "the time we had to watch Xaldin and Demyx in Speedos, twerking to 'Shake That Ass, Bitch.'"
Demyx: You call him Lulu?Larxene: Yes...What about it?Demyx: So what does he call you, Lala?Larxene: (punches him across the room)
- Demyx' response to Larxene's nickname for Marluxia.
Slender Man, Slender ManDoes whatever a Slender canCan he swing, from a web?I dunno, I'm way too drunkLook ouuuut, he is the Slender Maaaaan...
- Demyx going Papa Wolf for his daughter from the future when Larxene insults her and Luxord's future self apparently got her stuck in the Time Vortex.
- Zexion's No-Holds-Barred Beatdown of Xigbar when the latter annoys him one time too many. "ZEXION CHOP!"
- When Vexen (hiding in the air vents to fuck with the other members) throws his voice and scares the shit out of everyone, they all start screaming, and there's one shrill scream that drowns out all the rest. Xaldin yells at Larxene to stop screaming, and she snaps back "That wasn't me!" and gestures to Marluxia.
- "I AM MAMA AXEL! GOT IT MEMORIZED?! ALL HAIL THE CHOCOBO KING!"
- Demyx's drunken rendition of the Spider-Man theme song on sitar:
Lord Of The Rings
- To Comfort An Elf
Boromir Looks like we’re the only ones not gettin’ any tonight.Gimli Don’t look at me Son of Gonads. I mean Gondor!
- Aragorn Well then, talk dirty to me Legolas.Legolas "Mud. Grime, um, dirt?"Aragorn slapped his forehead and rolled his eyes. He’d forgotten that Elves could be SO literal.
- Not to mention Boromir's inability to say anything other than 'shit, shit, shit!'
"Frodo, the temperature seems just fine to me...""No, no Legolas. I’m not talkin’ temperatures, unless you mean I’m burnin’ up because of you.""Are you ill?" asked an alarmed Legolas.Frodo smacked his forehead. Legolas inclined his head, waiting for Frodo to continue and wondering why mortals always hit their heads around him.
- ‘Shit, shit and shit.’ mumbled the frustrated Son of Gonad, I mean Gondor. (Boromir sends dagger glares at the author.)
- Limyaael's (yes, that one) serial-Reality Ensues fic The Game of the Gods is made of funny from start to finish, but the best moments come courtesy of Varda's probably-unwise-in-hindsight decision to let Fëanor play a round. He promptly ran off at the end of the chapter and began to cause as much chaos as elvenly possible. Morgoth winds up hiding under the table several times.
- Elvish ninjas. That is all. Oh, and Tulkas telling Morgoth that he needs a girlfriend.
- After one of Morgoth's Sues gets killed by the Balrog without any effort on the part of his opponent, he gets this letter:note
Should ve known, you astard. You de ed me wage bene and no raise for mil years. Of course I would venge on you, and your p cious Sue.
Bal g of Mor a.
- The entire chapter with the Fangirl Japanese Sue. Genki Girl doesn't even begin to describe it.
- Adrian Tullberg's short fics can be quite funny. Two notable examples:
- In "Commentary", a report on the passage of the Superhero Registration Act, as well as the public unmasking of Spider-Man, as it would appear on The Daily Show. Jon Stewart's comment on J. Jonah Jameson:
"That's right ... Peter Parker took photos. Of himself. And sold them to this man who never, ever wondered why this one guy could get nearly all the photos of Spider-Man ... all the time."
- And the fact John lampshades most of the stupider parts behind the logic of the Superhero Registration Act,such as punishing the superheroes when it was clearly the job of the supervillain. But the crowner is how he ties it to the the Bush Administration, making the governmental botch-up a LOT more realistic.
- Oh, and a certain fourth-wall breaking cameo by a certain Merc with a Mouth beating a certain reporter with a baseball bat...
- In "Alternative Strategy", when The Avengers and the Fantastic Four are informed by the President of the imminent passage of the SHRA, they immediately announce their retirement and begin loudly announcing plans for the future, which involve Reed creating a synthetic gasoline that would put American oil companies out of business. A suddenly terrified President immediately announces he would veto the SHRA sight unseen.
Reed: I was waiting for Johnny to get off the phone … talking to some girl … and I devised a method for creating artificial gasoline.
VP: You invented a new form of gas?
Reed: I never liked Sudoku.
- In "Commentary", a report on the passage of the Superhero Registration Act, as well as the public unmasking of Spider-Man, as it would appear on The Daily Show. Jon Stewart's comment on J. Jonah Jameson:
- This The Avengers fic Two Out of Three (Ain't Bad All of it is hilarious, but special mention goes to this scene:
- "Steve pauses, taking in the picture before him: Tony in a ratty t-shirt and sweats, flour streaked from his waist to his hair, an abandoned spatula in a bowl filled with goopy substance, the canister of syrup sitting to the side.“I didn’t know you cooked,” he says. Tony isn’t sure whether to be gratified or offended. He goes with gratified, because that’s just better all around.“Yes!” he says. “I can cook. I’m a great cook. Of pancakes. Do you want some pancakes?”Jesus. If hes going to turn into a babbling mess every time Steve talks to him, he should just quit now. Or perhaps invest in some index cards....Then again, having to whip out index cards every time he talks to Steve would be kind of terrible. Also, what if he drew one that was unrelated to the conversation?(He can imagine it now: “Hello, Tony.”“Hey, Cap.”“How’s the weather today?”“Uh — something something Dodgers? What? Useless piece of paper—oh, um, sunny?”)Yeah, no.“That’d be wonderful, Tony, thank you.”For a second Tony is confused, because, him being terrible at conversations about the Dodgers? What? But then he realizes: pancakes. Right.“You're welcome,” Tony says, and vows to make the best damn pancakes Steve has ever seen. He’s a genius, he can do this."
- Also this part; there's just something so hilarious about the image:
“You should have some vegetables with that,” Steve says finally.“There are no vegetables,” Tony points out until Steve somehow manages to produce a cucumber. “Okay, right, yes, give it here.”
- In Deeds (or To Be Worthy) Loki has this to say about Mephisto:
Loki: He is beneath me. His idea of villainy is to play practical jokes on Spider-Man.
- After spending most of the zombie apocalypse fanfic Polarity hinting about how much he fantasizes about Ms. Marvel, the Shocker gets saved from being dropped from a mile in the sky by Ms. Marvel and MACH-IV. As MACH-IV zooms off after the Vulture...
"Hold on, Herman," Ms. Marvel said, grabbing me with her other hand and helping me onto her back as we hovered what-felt-like-miles above Manhattan. "Grab onto my shoulders and let’s head down.""Roger."After a few seconds..."Herman, those aren't my shoulders.""Oh, right."A few more seconds."You can let go of them now.""Sorry."
- From Calculator, sequel t Bunny Slippers, courtesy of Loki:
- Cohabitation in the Twenty-first Century, an epistolary fanfic about Steve and Bucky writing down rules for each other as roommates and quickly devolving into petty bickering, brings forth the Like an Old Married Couple hilarity in full force:
Steve: You like cats.Bucky: I hate the smell of cats.Steve: We can get a cat if you want. Animal therapy is supposed to be very helpful.Bucky: I don't need a fucking cat.Steve: You can name it anything you like, but if it's something dumb I'm just calling it Kitty.Bucky: Fine, I'll get a cat and I'll call him The Great Bambino, and every time you call him Kitty, I'll hide your iPod again.(later)Steve: Are you hoarding all the clothes and building a nest in the wall like a rat?Bucky: If I was a rat, I wouldn't be getting The Great Bambino. And if I was a rat I'd be like the ones in the Rats of Nimh.Steve: I think maybe you should talk to your therapist about that.Bucky: Wait. I changed my mind. Next week is Don Bluth movies. You can hold my hand when Littlefoot's ma kicks it.Steve: Dammit Bucky, I don't need to hold your hand when a cartoon character dies.Bucky: Uh-huh. You DO remember Charlie B. Barkin, don't you??Steve: Shut it.Bucky: Is that why you suggested a cat instead of a dog? Are you still broken up over Bessie?Steve: What? Bessie? Bucky, I haven't seen that dog in nearly ninety years. I mean — 24? years? but — you know what I mean.Bucky: That would be a YES then. Don't worry, The Great Bambino is gonna fill that hole in your big super soldier heart.Steve: Yeah, fill it up with hairballs.
- The list 100 things Commander Shepherd's Crew'll Mutiny Over contains a lot of these while keeping the crew (at least mostly) in character.
"5. Tali and her engineering minions WILL NOT make the Normandy into a giant transforming robot. No matter how many times you ask. Or how many crayon drawing you have Grunt make of it.""7. You are no longer allowed to throw soap bars into Jack's mouth. Gabby and Ken are tired of repairing the bulkheads.""24. Doctor Chakwas orders that you are to stop headbutting people. God gave you guns and fists for a reason."63. You are not allowed to enter pics of Tali'zorah's posterier to Bootylicious Quarians Monthly."69. No longer allowed to hit Garrus upside the head for his new catch phrase of "what the dealio." Unless he does it more than three times in one day. Then his ass is yours."longer allowed to go on the TV Tropes extranet site unsupervised. Last time you went on there, it took seven hours to get you off."89. Quit hogging the heavy weapons and start sharing."90. Stop trying to get Grunt 'hooked on phonics.'""91. Quit making fun of Jacobs pick up lines. It's cruel to torture the crippled."95. The collector weapons and armor are useless, ugly, and icky. Toss 'em."97. Not allowed to make fun of Tali's pet names for drones, Commander Plays-With-Toy-Ships."
- This Mass Effect 2 fanfic, which is based around the concept of Shepard being a Slash Fic writer who ships everyone on the ship with everyone else, has more than a few gems. Jack's ClusterFBombs are taken to a new extreme, Jacob discovers an unsettling fic about him and Thane, and we find out Kelly may even worse:
"So you mean Shepard's actually getting off on imagining us all having sex with each other?" Tali asked."Apparently so." Miranda said, scowling. "Disgusting though the thought may be. I can just picture her sitting alone at night, coming up with all these perverted scenarios.""Yes," Kelly said. "She must be spending hours in her quarters, sitting at her terminal, probably naked. Touching herself as she writes. Her beautiful face illuminated only by the light from the screen as she brings herself to orgasm, her mind empty of everything but sex, sex, sex! Oh!" The Yeoman gasped. "I think I need to lie down."Tali gave the Yeoman a dubious look and decided it was just better to ignore her from now on.
- Oh christ Jack's F-bombs are hilarious. Half the sentences are bleeped and the other half is Noodle Implements
- And in the end, Thane comes in, Jacob nearly shoots him, and then a fight happens.
- Grunt is somewhat confused by the whole thing (the tank's imprints don't mention mating rituals), gets bored halfway through, and starts randomly headbutting the walls.
- And Garrus? "Oh, Pressly, my love! I miss you so much!" Garrus wailed. We always suspected.
- Oh christ Jack's F-bombs are hilarious. Half the sentences are bleeped and the other half is Noodle Implements
- Pointless Agent Insanity is an 18-chapter long Crowning Moment of Funny that makes as little sense in context as it does out of context. Naming every great moment would take up a full page, but here's some highlights.
Smith: My favorite artist is U2! U2, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, I tell you! I've never even heard of 98 Degrees, please, please don't make me watch Theresa and Ethan make out again! MOMMY, I DON'T WANT TO!
- When Agent Smith's code becomes corrupted by exposure to Jesse McCartney, Agents Jones and Brown have to purge his system by tying him up and forcing him to watch 30 seasons of soap operas on DVD, plus 18 straight hours of bonus materials on extra tracks. This experience ended up traumatizing him.
Jones: What the HELL? I go out for one hour, and expect YOU two to keep the house from destruction, MY house, of which I pay the mortgage with MY money and everything in it as well, with MY job as a waitress at the local restaurant...And every day I receive the most peculiar stares from programs, MY programs, programs that I MYSELF am in charge of, and, apparently, along with TWO OTHER AGENTS TO SHARE THE WORKLOAD BECAUSE THE MATRIX LIKES THE NUMBER THREE AND THEREFORE EVERYBODY WORKS IN THREES, BUT NOOO, I HAVE TO WORK ALONE, PUT ON A WIG, SMILE, AND SAY TO FORTY-YEAR-OLD CREEPERS, 'HELLO, MY NAME IS ALICE! MIGHT I RECOMMEND THE CHICKEN? WOULD YOU LIKE THE CHECK NOW, SIR? NO, THERE ARE NO MORE HIGH CHAIRS! PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE WAITRESSES, SIR! I REPEAT, DO NOT TOUCH THE WAITRESSES! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS FIFTEEN PERCENT OF A $24.98 CHECK OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD! NO! IT IS NOT POSTED ON THE SPECIALS BOARD! GET A DAMN CALCULATOR! I AM GOING OUT FOR A CIGARETTE! TELL THEM TO SEAT THEIR DAMN SELVES! I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE FROM THE SENIOR HOME, THEY STILL HAVE LEGS, RIGHT? NO! WELL, TOO BAD!'"
- This, after Agent Jones comes home from work to find the house a mess:
Smith: I don't know what is more disturbing: the fact that Mister Rogers is half-baked somewhere in a Columbian drug field or the fact that I almost get killed my a random potato every time I exhale through my left nostril."
- What happens when Smith tries to take a bathroom break? "Two minutes later he emerged from the bathroom, triumphant. The toilet had sucked him into Narnia, whereupon his arrival he was imprisoned and forced to labor as a resident dragon slayer. He dripped wet with the blood and gore of victory. Not today, he laughed. Not today."
- "BEHOLD THE ALMIGHTY RUBBER DUCKY!" (Soon after this is said, Brown goes into a mall dressed as the rubber ducky pinata and is almost mauled to death by an onslaught of sugar-high children and half the crew of Jackass.)
- The Running Gag of Smith contending with his Arch-Nemesis - the Idaho red potato.
Smith: You two stay in the car. Now, I have a couple of rules you must follow while I am gone.Brown and Jones: (fighting over a chewy toy) Awwwwwww, but Mooooooooom.Smith: Rule Number One. I know that Pepsi and Mentos are an interesting combination, but do not blow anything up with them unless you are prepared to vacuum the inside of the car and get sucked into Narnia just like we did last time. Rule Number Two: Do not switch each other's bodies. God knows how that happened, but I suppose with you two, anything is possible.Jones shuddered, hearing Brown's taunting voice ringing from the depths: Stop hitting yourself! Stop smacking yourself upside the head with this here frying pan! Stop kicking yourself in the nads! Stop setting yourself on fire! Stop beating yourself against this brick wall! Stop watching these eighty-two episode marathons of Oprah!Smith: ...Rule Number Three: Do not kick, punch, scratch, tear, pierce, shred, detonate, decimate, annihilate, maul, eradicate, mar, ruin, spraypaint, defecate, or else defile or destroy anything within the planetary radius. Do you understand me so far?Brown and Jones: Yes ma'am - sir - Justin Timberlake.Smith: Good. Oh, I almost forgot the most important rule - Rule Number Four. This, my sirs, is called the ignition. You are to never, under ANY circumstances, touch it. It is the one thing you never touch. You can touch matches, toxins, forks in toasters, open electrical sockets, explosive substances, and nuclear waste, but the ignition is explicitly dangerous to your health. Think of the ignition as my sunglasses: you touch Smith's sunglasses without his written permission, you die a slow, horrible, painful, black roasting death by means of Smith cooking you for dinner.Jones: (raises hand)Smith: Yes, Jones?Jones: Are we gonna be tasty? 'Cause Jones can get awfully bland without a pinch of oregano.Smith: NO!
- Pretty much everything "Morpheus the Socialist I-Don't-Believe-In-Numbers-Because-They're-All-Equal-To-Me dumbass" says is hilarious. Agent Smith being the Only Sane Man among an entire cast that's Too Dumb to Live counts too.
- All the Agents of the Matrix apparently have standard copies of Justin Bieber's fourth grade diary.
- After attempting to perform Shakespeare and failing badly, Pauly D rides home on a flying cow, which Snooki then unleashes a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on for blowing hay into her face.
- Smith's reaction to having to act like a human for 24 hours. "Whew...This is even harder than the time I had to tap-dance on the North Vietnamese border with a giant sign that read 'Nationalist Greetings From Ho Chih Minh' and dodge five hundred and eighty-seven short-range 'welcome mats.'"
- Chapter 10: "Mr. Smith Goes To College." That is all.
- This exchange:
Smith: So the great Morpheus wishes to dance? We'll dance, little man...Oh, we'll dance.Starring in the Australian production of Grease, Morpheus sported a curly blond wig as Sandy and Smith a black leather jacket as Danny, as the two foes sang "Summer Lovin" onstage.Tank: (crying uncontrollably) No, Morpheus!
- What makes the above exchange even funnier is that when Smith leaves, Brown and Jones take the car anyway (without physically touching the ignition) and drive it through a restaurant Dukes Of Hazzard style.
- The Mood Whiplash when Smith confronts Morpheus.
Neo: You bastard! You killed him! You killed my chocolate milkshake! No, don't die, Marty! You're going to live! You're going to live, goddammit, and we're going to have it all! We'll take that vacation in Maui just like you wanted, and we'll get remarried on the beach, and we'll ride all the rides at Fantasy Island, and I promise you, this time I won't throw up from the top of the Ferris Wheel just to see how high up we are! (spontaneously dies)
- Smith's reaction when Neo breaks his sunglasses. "What was that? Why is the world so bright? Did I die?"
- When Smith is about to kill Neo, he asks if he has any last requests. Neo happily requests two chocolate milkshakes ("I don't recall you saying a last request, or one last request, or a normal last request. Now. Come on. Let's get less with the angry-twitchy and more with the chocolate milkshakeys.") and takes the entire rest of the day to finish the one in his left hand. When Smith tries to resume their fight, Neo points out that he still has to finish his right hand milkshake. Smith promptly shoots said milkshake.
- Rachel Ray's reaction to anyone trashing the use of Parmesan cheese. "The audience gave her a standing ovation as she ripped off her costume, revealing a pterodactyl underneath, spread her scaly fifteen-foot wings and flew braying through the roof."
- Gordon Freeman's explanation of why he doesn't talk: "UNTIL HER PREGNANCY IN HER EARLY THIRTIES, MY MOTHER MADE THE VERY QUESTIONABLE CHOICE OF SMOKING MEOW MIX."
- Apparently pressing F11 is "the Architect's shortcut for 'smack yo'self like you some trick at a slow-ass truckstop.'"
- The author Breaking the Fourth Wall to confuse and scare the living shit out of Tank, and Simon Cowell's consistently failing attempt to take over the world turning out to be all him on a mescaline trip in a hotel room.
My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic
- Certain Advantages has Princess Celestia and Princess Luna entering the Sisterhooves Social obstacle race and... Hilarity Ensues. Every damn line. Highlights include:
Apple Bloom: “The princess’s bunghole is all in peril and such!”
- Celestia "sealing" her magic to be fair to the other racers.
- Everyone learning the proper meaning of "bunghole." It's a part of a barrel, like the one Celestia is stuck in for most of the story.
Spike: Whoa, that's freaky.
- "Meanwhile, back at the fjord, things had taken a turn for the theological."
- The crew of Diamond Dogs the Royal Sisters keep tormenting by accident. Only not really.
- Twilight crying and teleporting all over the place.
- Rainbow Dash failing to understand the meaning of "sardonic."
- "...and Scootaloo."
- Rainbow Dash being so stunned by the Sisters' performance that that she distorts space and time until she and everything around her are frozen in place.
- Granny's Smith's team of masseuses.
- Celestia's "little favor" she asks of the pie chef.
- “Oh dear,” she said, “I seem to have some difficulty with my bunghole.”
- Pretty much every time bunghole is used in a sentence.
- What Rarity Needs has Pinkie Pie learning to express disappointment.
- Pinkie: Oh no. That's bad. How do we express disappointment? I know, a party! No! Bad Pinkie Pie! Parties are only for good things. This is a Bad Thing. How do ponies express bad things? I know! Cursing!
Rarity: Darling, wha-?
Pinkie: FUCK A MAILBOX. SHIT DAMN. ASS.
Rarity: Pinkie Pie, dear, don't be vulgar! ...Especially when you're so bad at it...
- This excerpt from Ask Me No Questions. (Yes, team 7 is Sasuke/Naruto/Hinata, and YES they fought a Shoggoth. (They're now in an alternate world now.)
The description of the shoggoth was particularly vivid, as well as their various experiences inside the beast. Sasuke used a minor genjutsu, with permission from the adults who knew it was harmless, to give a brief recap of it chasing them out of the swamp, which he still remembered in vivid clarity.
"Oh, my. I'm certainly glad we don't have those in our world," Sarutobi said grimly.
"Really?!" Naruto asked.
"No. I've fought some amazing things, including the Kyubi, but I've never seen or heard of anything like that," Kakashi confirmed, feeling a little proud of 'his' students.
They paused to consider that amazing revelation that even some of the fundamental stuff of their world was not the same in the new one.
Then, very seriously, Sasuke walked over and gave Kakashi a hug.
Kakashi was, needless to say, somewhat freaked out by this.
"Best. Alternate." Hinata began.
"World. EVER!" Naruto cheered. "Woohoo! No shoggoths! Goodbye nightmares, hello sweet dreams! Forget trying to fix things," he said, turning to the Hokage. "Can we stay? Please?"
- Chapter 11 of Danzos Team channels Forrest Gump in a moment between Naruto and Ibiki.
Ibiki: "Alright Bugs! That's more than enough excitement. The next time one of you insects steps, looks or twitches in a way I don't like I will personally ruin you. I am the head of this chuunin selection exam's first test, but you don't need to know that. All you need to know from now on is that I am the man other gods call God. So when I say move you damn well should already be where I want you. Am I clear!"
Naruto: "Crystal clear, Sir!"
* Ibiki appears directly in front of Naruto*Ibiki: "What did you say genin Uzumaki?"Naruto: "I said crystal clear, Sir!"Ibiki:That's right! You must be some kind of god damn genius! Genin Uzumaki! You are the only bug in the room that managed to get my question right."
- In Hell And Back Naruto has spent over 50 years in Hell (though only 3 for everyone else) and when he finally uses a real bathroom, he falls to his knees in joy. Tsume even asks if she should give him and the latrine some time alone.
- While building levees in Naruto: Myoushuu no Fuuin, Naruto comes up with the idea to use seals to turn the annual flood into a lake and tells Kakashi to figure out how big a lake they'll need while Naruto designs the seal. After Sakura repeatedly corrects his math, Kakashi throws her the scroll and turns to Sasuke.
Kakashi: "So, you come up with a way to make me feel inadequate and completely superfluous today, too?"Sasuke: "Well, I could show you my two sharingan eyes if you really want."
* Kakashi shoves him into a pile of sand bags.*
- Nothing but Trouble is pretty much nothing but this but one line really stands out.
Tsunade: "Did your (female) genin just motorboat me?"
- In Super Naruto Naruto tries to unravel the mystery that is Fanon!Haku:
During training, he meets a cute girl who proves not to be a girl at all, but a guy who Naruto suspects to be a girl after all. By the time he gets to wondering why a girl would pretend to be a guy pretending to be a girl and whether he - or she - was really a boy pretending to be a girl pretending to be a guy pretending to be a girl, the girl - who actually might be pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl - had already left. He had a headache by the time hermaphroditism entered his theories about the girl pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl, or boy pretending to be a girl. Then he knocked himself out.
- In A Twist of Chance, Naruto shows up earlier than normal to a team meeting. In between his arrival and Sasuke's, Kakashi walks past at least five separate times without Sakura noticing once, doing things like walking a dog, buying groceries, and escorting children. Naruto then realizes that Kakashi always shows up on time but keeps leaving until Sakura notices him, and since she keeps insisting he doesn't show up for at least three hours, Naruto and Sasuke show up later, causing Kakashi to show up even later. By sunset (the meeting was set for noon), everyone's been there for hours but due to Naruto's new outfit and the fact he's quietly reading, the others still haven't noticed him yet. When Sakura finally realizing the coughing civilian is Naruto, she demands to know where he's been. Naruto rattles off a list of excuses that exactly match what Kakashi was doing earlier.
- Vengeance: The Musical! Starring Sasuke Uchiha. Pretty much all of it, but special mention has to go to:
- The "Flaming Motorcycle to Impress Chicks" technique.
- Itachi threatening to beat Kisame with an umbrella for 72 hours.
- Orochimaru and Haku discussing their respective shampoo brands.
Neon Genesis Evangelion
- This fanfic, essentially a Bum Review of End of Evangelion is absolutely hilarious. Chester does his best to review the movie, even trying to explain it:
"And then...well...so now…you see…this thing...oh, how can I explain this? Give me a moment."Minutes later..."So um," The Bum was writing on his notepad, wearing glasses and trying to figure out what happened next in the movie. "there're more strange dialogs, monologs, ass-ologs. More random flashbacks and cut-scenes…a floating head of a panda…an upside-down chicken mask…a heavily-armed clown…Michael Jackson…"Hours later…The Bum was drawing alien symbols and calculating mathematical equations on a chalk board, still clueless about the rest of the movie. "So there are these Rei clones appearing spontaneously…um, whoever they touch turns into carrot juice…then there are some people walking into a theatre…and oh yeah, Michael Jackson."
- And then, at the end, he finally snaps...
"So let's review this…there's an Eva pilot who has a fetish on exposed hospital patients, an officer who likes to have sex with young boys and a Lieutenant who's secretly a lesbian working in a special agency.""WHAT KIND OF PSYCHOTIC SCREWBALL WROTE THIS SCRIPT? I bet the entire animation staff were high on drugs during the entire production! Even I could have made a better movie than them!"
- And then, at the end, he finally snaps...
- Chapter 1 of Zentrodie's Neon Genesis Evangelion Body-Swap/Gender Bender comedy fic It Can't Get Worse is one CMOF after anonther. Standout moment is Asuka-in-Shinji's body waking up to her/his first morning erection:
"For roughly ten seconds Asuka's sleep deprived and overly stressed mind continued to fantasize about his guardian. His hand under no actual central control found a happy little friend that was standing by the curbside that morning. 'Oh hello there Little Asuka how are you today?' the hand asked. Little Asuka's reply way 'I'm a little lonely how about you and I dance for awhile?' To which the hand joyously said, 'I thought you'd never ask, lets dance to Misato's fucking hot?' Little Asuka let Mr. Hand lead with a parting, 'I think I can get to like that song.'"
- In Deus ex Evangelion, Shinji got swallowed by the Eva during his first battle, and Asuka needs to be flown in to be his replacement. Later on, Toji's revealed as the Fourth Child about ten episodes early. After the Gaghiel fight, he asks Asuka out on a date. Right in front of the "Eva". Cue a silent If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her... moment between the two.
- Absolutely everything in the Neon Genesis Evangelion fanfiction Shinji Just Snaps and Totally Wails on Everything, with is Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Highlights include but are definitely not limited to Gendo's Laz-E-Bastard, an EVA-sized Groin Attack, the tragic fate of Sergeant Trumpy, Asuka's epically failed attempt at using fanservice as a weapon, and Rei's non-verbal Precision F-Strike.
- The fanfic Mobile Fighter Evangelion has lots of funny moments, like Pen-Pen and one of Ritsuko's cats piloting Gundams, Ritsuko as a Mad Scientist and Gendo "taking revenge" on SEELE at the third chapter.
Sonic The Hedgehog
- Sonic Evil Reborn Zero has one during Episode 14, "Dance of The Dead" when Knuckles avoids a trap door in Eggman's base, mulls over Jynx, and winds up walking into the trap door.
- Sonic X: Dark Chaos has this gem:
- Chris: "Yeah, here's the problem. The words 'Satan' and "promise" don't go very well together."
- Also in Episode 65 when Vector discusses his plan to get Tails and Cosmo together:
Vector: "We gotta make sure Tails enjoys his time and has fun with her."Charmy: "You mean they're gonna have-"Vector: "Not THAT kind of fun!"
- In A Matter of Trust, the incident from Soul and Maka's double-date with Tsubaki and Black Star, involving "a horny Black Star, a willing to please Tsubaki, and a popcorn box with a hole cut in the bottom. Toss in the group of nuns sitting behind them..."
Maka: At least we weren't banned from that theater along with them. I thought the manager was really very understanding when we explained that we had no idea who the two perverts were.Soul: Hm. Surruptitious Ninja Handjob my ass. Points to Tsubaki for trying to pass the mess off as butter though.
Maka had blushed, feeling foolish because this was Soul, the guy who ate raw fish and left his dirty socks on the coffee table and was his ass always that illegally delicious?
- Near the beginning of the fic, Maka realizes she's attracted to Soul and we get this line:
- In SoMa Family Drabbles, Soul tells Kid that he'll need to take some time off because Maka is pregnant. Kid's response? Snark at him.
Soul: Maka's pregnant. She's already a couple weeks along. I missed the beginning of this, I'm not missing any more of it.Kid: Well, I assume you were there for the beginning of the whole thing.Soul: Fuck you.Kid: I don't want to risk impregnation, thanks.Soul: What? Wait, how do you...Never mind, I don't want to know.
- From A Very Soul Eater Christmas, Soul attempted to decorate the Christmas tree the year before and somehow ended up setting it on fire. Even he's not sure how it happened.
Tsubaki: (Face Palm) Why are you up there, Black Star?Black Star: Come on, Tsubaki, you know we have to have the biggest star on top of our tree!
- Kid, Liz, and Patty's attempts to decorate their manor for a Christmas party, made very difficult by Kid's Super OCD.
- Tsubaki finishes baking for the party and comes into the living room to find Black Star sitting on top of the Christmas tree:
- The oneshot It's Elementary, in which Spirit tries his very best to preserve his daughter's virginity and Hilarity Ensues.
Black Star: Look at this! Look who signed it! Soul found it in his locker. It's hysterical!Tsubaki: Spirit drew this? Oh, my god, it's all bloody! He even drew sound-effect screams! Goodness!
- As a very unsubtle warning, he puts a picture of a severed penis in Soul's locker.
Spirit: Anyway, so she mentioned that she and her ugly little horndog weapon had a plane to catch for a mission in Canada. Tonight. They left about ten minutes ago, actually. So we're going on a little panty raid.Stein: Every single syllable you just said both terrifies and disturbs me. No. No, no, no.Spirit: I need you! This is difficult for me! I need moral support! I thought we were friends!Stein: No.Spirit: Please?Stein: No!(One Gilligan Cut later, they're both at Maka and Soul's apartment)Stein: I hate you.
- When Spirit recruits Stein to help him "cock block [his] daughter."
Stein: (holding his shirt at arm's length) Tell me you didn't have these made.Spirit: Nah, I had them laying around.
- Then there's what Spirit insists they both wear on their 'mission': ski masks and matching T-shirts that have "Virginity Police" on them in glittery, bright pink lettering.
Spirit: You take the bastard's room, I'll take my darling marshmallow flufflet's room.Stein: Right. What exactly am I looking for? A calendar with one day marked 'Fuck Albarn's daughter into the mattress?' An economy-sized box of Magnum condoms? Gallons of K-Y?Spirit: (squeals, trips, and hits his head on the wall)Stein: You and Blair are fucking so enthusiastically I think the Pope has occasional heart palpitations out of sheer principle.Spirit: (holding Soul's shirt on a pair of tongs) Evidence, right?Stein: Indubitably, my dear Albarn. You know there's a lot more where that came from in the scythe's room. It's a cross between Vegas at New Year's and Hugh Hefner's bachelor party in there. Really, I'm rather impressed. You should see the sex swing, it's amazing the ceiling of an apartment this old can support it -Spirit: You keep this up I'll take back your Virginity Police shirt.Stein: I can only hope.
- Stein going full-Deadpan Snarker and giving Spirit a hard time.
- By the same author of the above fic, there's They Shook Death City, in which Maka and another meister ( who turns out to be equally bad driver Black Star) get into a fight over their conflicting driving habits, with disastrous consequences.
Upon being enlightened as to the full extent of the damage his two top meisters actually caused - including but not limited to three smashed cars, four toppled trees, one stop sign used as a giant frisbee of doom, a severely traumatized poodle that was briefly sent into orbit, the total loss of one 7-11 convenience store and the neighboring pizza place, the creation of a new lake, and the burned, gutted remnants of an Escalade mysteriously impaled atop a telephone pole - Lord Death roundly refused to pay any bail. In fact, he assigned them both trash pickup on the side of the freeway for the next year.
- While everything by canis_takahari on LJ is basically solid gold, her Kirk/McCoy fic Fever deserves special mention for Jim's landshark maneuver. All you need is the Jaws soundtrack and you're good:
Approximately six seconds later, he’s belly-crawling along the ‘Fleet-issued cord carpet toward the bedside table. McCoy is snoring lightly, sprawled motionless on the mattress. For a moment, there is utter stillness in the room as Jim slithers up alongside the storage unit and then rises over the edge of the bed like a creature emerging from the black lagoon. McCoy-centric observation proceeds for the next thirty seconds as Jim watches the steady rise and fall of his chest, only the top of his head visible, and then he disappears below once more.
- Also, this: (a very sexual conversation has just been had)
James T. Kirk sent to Leonard H. McCoy: ...Do you think the Academy monitors the text-only comm feeds?Christopher Pike sent to James T. Kirk and Leonard H. McCoy: Yes, Kirk, it does. For the record, I hate you both.Leonard H. McCoy sent to James T. Kirk: jim you have exactly one hour to get your sorry ass off-planet before I come find you and put my boot through your pelvis
- Also, this: (a very sexual conversation has just been had)
- For Slash Fic in general, the "Rude Person" meme. It's a parody of the traditional Kirk/Spock plot (A shuttlecraft crash, hiding in a cave, Spock going into Pon Farr, Kirk helping him through it) by retelling it in several different dialects, such as preschooler, road rage, or academic post-modernist.
-  Here we have "Is wegetable fornication." courtesy of Chekov, as well as:
"McCoy to Chapel." He says, barely waiting for his head nurse to reply before cutting her off. "Bingo!""Son of a Bitch!" Chapel yells in disbelief. Jim is briefly shocked speechless. He's never heard the woman curse before. "We're hardly ten minutes in, there's no way you've got five this fast!""Jim has a remarkable collection." Bones is fucking gleeful. "You'd be amazed.""Gimme that!" Jim snatches the PADD from Bones' hand just as Chekov's leaning in to get a look. He glances over the table currently being displayed. Blinks and reads the title again. "STD Bingo? Bones!"
-  The one in which poor Spock is unable to remove an unwanted, sleepwalking Kirk (and a Tribble) from his bed:
Kirk: "So I don't know, maybe I sleep walked to a warm place," said Kirk.Spock: That is a logical possibility. However, I would appreciate it very much, Captain, if you would awake-walk back to your own quarters, and take that animal with you.
- The fourth time Spock woke up to the captain in his bed was approximately thirty point two seven seven five minutes after the third time. The captain had somehow managed to transport himself, the cats, the tribble and the woolly afghan back into Spock's bed, despite a security lock that shocked intruders first and asked for identification later. It occurred to him that the tribble smelled slightly of electricity. There were times when Spock wished with all his human heart that James Kirk actually was, to quote Dr McCoy again, as dumb and pretty as he looked.
Spock: Captain, I have no desire to actually know why your shirt states that the viewer has been very naughty and should go to your room, or why that action is requested, but by Lt Uhura's reaction, I am assured it is neither appropriate nor professional.
- "Hey," said the captain feelingly. "Did you nerve pinch me again? You know I hate it when you nerve pinch me."
"I apologize, Captain, but I had not expected you to invade my bed again," said Spock."I didn't 'invade' your bed!" argued the captain, sitting up."You put yourself, two cats, a tribble, and a hand-knit bed covering in my bed, and then told me we should keep meeting like this," said Spock.
- The fourth time Spock woke up to the captain in his bed was approximately thirty point two seven seven five minutes after the third time. The captain had somehow managed to transport himself, the cats, the tribble and the woolly afghan back into Spock's bed, despite a security lock that shocked intruders first and asked for identification later. It occurred to him that the tribble smelled slightly of electricity. There were times when Spock wished with all his human heart that James Kirk actually was, to quote Dr McCoy again, as dumb and pretty as he looked.
- List of Enterprise Crew Facts 
- Sulu doesn't pilot the Enterprise through space, space moves around the Enteprise.
- Scotty doesn't break the laws of physics, he forces the laws of physics to rewrite themselves.
- Uhura is in fact the reason the Vulcan language now has a word for "fucking".
- Kirk is in fact the reason the word "fuck" exists in any language.
- Chekov does not have a Russian accent. Russia has a Chekov accent.
- This kink meme fill
Nero: You think he likes me? I mean like likes me. He's so dreamy.Ayel: Perhaps chaining him down in Engineering is not a proper way to express your affection.Nero: But I don't want him to get away!
Nero: I'm sure you have many questions for me. I have only one for you. What's your sign, baby?Pike stared. And stared some more, his mouth working soundlessly. There was dead silence.It was finally broken by a sharp, resounding smack.The palm print on Ayel's forehead lasted for days.
- This Star Trek: Enterprise fanfic, in which the entire main cast save Captain Archer is transformed into sentient, talking animals. While the entire thing is hilarious, easily the funniest bit is Malcolm Reed, who greatly enjoys blowing things up and can think of any number of truly unpleasant ways to kill anything, stalking around as a perpetually offended, always-dignified, blue-grey-eyed, black-furred... house cat. Who absolutely turns into a boneless pile of kitty goo for belly rubs. To the point where he earns the moniker "Lieutenant Floppy Puddle of Ecstasy." Please note there is mention of Archer/Reed slash, although it's not explicit.
- Not to mention Travis breaking his leg...again. And Malcolm freaking out over Porthos and climbing onto Archer's head.
- From Lady Ra's Emotions:
McCoy: You know that betting pool?Kirk: The one that doesn't exist?McCoy: Yeah, that one.
- In Unbeaten when Kirk and Khan are imprisoned together on the planet of the Snake People:
Kirk: Let us out!Khan: For the last time Kirk, they cannot comprehend you. This might astound you but highly evolved species like the Gurachii find learning a mediocre language like human English an unjustifiable waste of time.Kirk: Oh well thank you for your input interpreter Khan. Weren't you supposed to be able to negotiate with these highly evolved snake-people, or whatever the hell they are; being such a brilliant parcelmouth and all.Khan: I don't understand that reference Kirk and I don't appreciate you placing the blame of your own typical stupidity on my shoulders.
- The Fistbump is Non-Optional in which Spock and McCoy are trying to break out of an alien jail cell and a very drunk Kirk is unhelpful.
- "I'm making this an order." Kirk fixed them both with the old Kirk steely eye. "One of you is going to give me a celebratory fistbump in the -next minute, or so help me God I will not budge from this cell.""Are you going to cry if no one fistbumps you?" McCoy said. "Will this destroy your self-esteem?""I'm a sensitive man, Bones," Kirk said. "A sensitive man with needs. Among them the need to hella fistbump."McCoy turned on Spock and lifted his eyebrow, to which Spock said nothing, but lifted his eyebrow in turn, and then they had a really intense conversation with their eyebrows, apparently: an eyebrow up here, an eyebrow down there, like they were world-class eyebrow gymnasts and this was the final round for the world cup. Belt? Gold tweezers. Kirk was way too drunk for this.
- Psychotic Man Slayers, a fanfic of Knights of the Old Republic is about Carth managing to piss off all the women on the Ebon Hawk (except Juhani, who he pissed off in the previous story). The crowning moment is not when Dyran (Male Revan) sends Carth a despairing 'HELP ME' look. The crowning moment is not when Mission says, 'You're old and I hate you!' either. It's not even when Bastila is caught eating chocolate cake, and ends up slapping Carth and apologising for it. Oh, no. It's when Canderous, of all people, reveals that all the women on the ship have synchronised PMS. Carth's response is priceless.
- A Star Wars Fanfic called Rise of a Rogue, which features an OC. To anyone who has ever read the X-Wing books, this is utterly hilarious:
Wedge: Kell, how long would it take you to rig up a decent sized explosion?Kell Tainer: Sir, are you asking me what I think you're asking me?Wedge: Yes, I want you to blow something up.Kell Tainer: So,you're actually giving me permission to blow something up?Wedge: Tainer-Kell Tainer: Could someone check on the General? I think he's feeling ill.Wedge: Tainer-Kell Tainer: Maybe I should get Cubber down here, I might be getting some bad audio through my headset. I could swear Wedge just asked me to blow something up.Wedge: Tainer-Kell Tainer: Shh, let me savor this moment.
- The Beast Wars Fan Fic Make it Real Big is basically 1086 words of surreal Mind Screw hilarity, crack-parodying the quirks of the show and it's characters, such as 90's Bullet Time, silly catchphrases, Green Aesops, characters physical "evolution" being Merchandise-Driven, and Maximal and Predacon interactions (but, you know, if they were on drugs). Or maybe it's just one giant Transformers smack-fest. Either way, it's Crazy Awesome and hysterical from beginning to end. Perhaps the very best part? When the Maximals are saved by the love of the forest.
"Anybody call a dentist?"
- Dinobot's catch phrase is hilarious nonsensical, and yet makes perfect sense at the same time.
- One line from a JackxArcee fic while making sense in context, sounds like pure crack.
Jacke: “Now all I have to do is figure out how to survive telling my mom that I got my motorcycle pregnant.”
- Three Cubes of Energon and a Cell Door. Three gestalt commanders bond in a brig over energon and irritating teammates. Exactly What It Says on the Tin, and a brilliant Not So Different Only Sane Man moment between Silverbolt, Hot Spot, and Onslaught.
- In the fourth chapter of Cullenary Education: Forks Sex Ed, Edward thinks the following about a particularly shallow couple:
He was only considering the implications to a possible pregnancy in terms of how it would affect his sex life in the upcoming days, and she was only considering how it would affect her reputation. They truly deserved one another. At least Bella would never be tormented by a situation such as that. No, she only had to worry about rogue rabid vampires and a boyfriend that could kill her by mistake in a moment of passion.
They liked older men, that much was clear.
- Carlisle giving an auditorium full of high school students The Talk, and Edward noting that half the girls are fantasizing about having sex with him.
“At least he has a sex life, even if it is solitary.” I thought for Edward’s sake. He glared at me in response.
- "Carlisle—or Doctor Carlisle Condom, as we would forevermore call him..."
- The scene in part 5 where Edward is driving Bella home from school, his car filled with condoms.
- In particular, the part where Bella's attempt to flirt with Edward nearly makes him crash the car.
- Agnes pinching Charlie's butt.
- Carlisle teasing Edward about his abstinence.
- The Narm-riddled Indecisive Parody Redwall In Name Only fanfic Soulless Shell features this immortal line:
- First Impressions, a Gorillaz UST Slash Fic, has the immortal line "Oh yeah, denthead, you know whose bitch you really are." (For context, a frightened 2D just glomped Murdoc instead of Paula, who was also in the room.)
- One So Okay, It's Average Zelda fic featuring Link on a dating show had this gem:
"Third question! Where would you live with Link?" [...] "6?""Uh...um...A BOTTLE!" Contestant six note blurted. Sheik stood there blinking.
- Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars explains why the lighting in Nod's buildings is always so poor and they've got perpeptual mist hanging around at waist height. Officially, it is to remind the Brotherhood of Nod that their place is in darkness and in the shadows. In reality, Kane just likes hearing people bang their shins against consoles.
Note pinned to a downed Avatar mech: Dear Kane: Merry Christmas. Your buddy, Havoc.
- And after Rawne falls victim to the above, his reaction to Kane and Kilian Qatar.
Deep down, Rawne envied Kane, if only for the fact that he was surrounded by so many leggy blondes who felt the need to fondle him.
- Annual Black Hand Taco Fiesta. Half the humor comes from how it just comes out of nowhere.
- LEGION being voiced by Tim Curry.
- In Chapter 20:
Corporal Peterson: Look, I'm just saying we've got this gigantic, trillion-dollar ion cannon array in orbit, tanks the size of fucking houses, supersonic jet fighters that can hit the stratosphere, and these crazy-calculus advanced proto-world-conquering super AIs, and here we are in out fucking recon with our fucking super cloak-piercing sensors and radar array and guided missile launchers and auto-loading mortars, and for some mystical, unfathomable reason, we don't fucking have working, fucking, AC! This is bullshit of the biggest, bisioniest order.
Sergeant Hershey: Peterson?
Corporal Peterson: Yeah, Sarge?
Sergeant Hershey: Shut the fuck up.
- Any time Havoc arrives on the scene, really.
- And after Rawne falls victim to the above, his reaction to Kane and Kilian Qatar.
- Heroes In A Chatroom. In one scene, we see Candice, Sylar, and the Haitian discussing the issue of illegal immigration.
NikiMM: Say, Micah, there R only two computers in the house. how R U on?GeniousBoy01101: Now there are 3GeniousBoy01101: BTW, we need a new toaster
- These two Merlin RPS fics. Just about every line. The ending of the first one doubles as Crowning Moment Of Heart Warming. (The first one contains M Preg... be forewarned).
- The entire Anything Goes Martial Arts Baseball Game from Ranma 1/2 fic Girl days.
As the Black Rose fumed at this most preposterous of humiliations, a heated argument began between the two team captains. Ranma's captain insisted that the ball had been caught on a pop-fly,so Shampoo was out. Shampoo's captain insisted that Kodachi wasn't on the team, wasn't in the game, and wasn't even in the school, so the ball was live. The umpire was beating her head against a tree and saying something about moving to Australia.
- Curtain Call is not a particularly profound Discworld fanfic, and there isn't much substance beyond the concept (a Vetinari/Death Curtain Fic?), but one line works particularly well:
"We'll take this one," he said to the salesgirl hovering a few yards away, looking like she had been seriously contemplating her mortality in the last half an hour. Vetinari tended to have that effect on people.
- Sex No Tensai, a silly Prince of Tennis fic about Momoshirou and Kaidoh competing to see who can lose his virginity first, has the following gems. (Really, the whole thing is hysterical, and if you can stomach slash, you should give it a read.)
- (Kaidoh is acting strangely, due to the bet, and, when questioned, blurts out that he is doing poorly in math.) Inui: "Ah, that explains everything. I often behave erratically when I am experiencing the trauma of unsolvable equations."
- (Last line of the fic) Momoshirou: "I hope Inui-senpai brews homemade lube and your ass falls off."
- In the Gurren Lagann fanfic Tengen Gattai Gurren Lagann, Kamina survived and all sorts of hell is raised. Of note is the chapter where Lordgenome decides the best way to defeat the Gurren-Dan is to imitate...And sends a revamped Gunzar equipped with inverted Kamina shades and a pilot with a grudge, who then botches every single on of Kamina's catchphrases. Kamina is so insulted that Gurren's jaw almost falls off in shock.
- Also notable is when Leeron accidentally drugs Kamina, and he spends the rest of the chapter high as a kite.
- In Chapter 22 of the Door Stopper Kung Fu Panda fic A Different Lesson, Po is walked in on by Tai Lung... while playing with
dollsaction figures of the Furious Five. And Tai Lung. A sharp Parody of the slew of Heel-Face Turn/Love Redeems fics where Tai Lung is Easily Forgiven, within a story that... gives Tai Lung a Heel-Face Turn and redeems him through the power of Tigress' love (among other things).
- This Stargate Atlantis fic, which involves (among several other things) various members of the expedition bursting into song in order to ensure plausible deniability about the fact Sheppard and Mckay are sleeping together, has several. Notably:
"Rodney, get a hold of yourself," Sheppard said loudly, slapping him in the face."Oh no," Mckay replied, sounding like he was reading from a script. "The people of MK1-510 must have taken control of my brain and made me undress you. I had better go to the infirmary right away.""I should escort him," the colonel said seriously.
Carson: I'm I'm SCOTTISH, you bastards. You didn't have to make me sound like a bloody leprechaun.
- Also, Satedan humping sickness.
McKay: “Okay, that's enough. 'Gay' does not rhyme with 'Wraith', Zelenka definitely never killed a bear, and you people are getting on my last damn nerve!”
- Sheppard wanting to shoot the communicator at the end.
- JLA Watchtower/DC Nation universe: Ralph Dibny is busy battling Sonar, leaving Flash and Hal Jordan to take Sue (who is in labor) up to the Watchtower. Mid-Nite is in surgery, and can't be paged, leaving the Dibnys' kid to be delivered by Flash, Hal, Martian Manhunter, and ''Eel O'Brien!''. For extra fun, get a Yiddish dictionary, since Nationverse-Sue is very fluent in Yiddish swearing.
Flash Should I be boiling water? You're supposed to boil water - or is that for the flu? Uh... do we have paper towels?
- The Mahou Sensei Negima! fan-fic A Day Indoors has several of them:
- Negi & Sayo's conversation in Chapter 4 (Negi: "How am I supposed to teach a class of teenage girls about sex?! ...While keeping my virtue, career, and sanity intact?!")
- The end of Chapter 12 (Asuna: Negi's new pimp)
- Negi's predicament in Chapter 17 (FUTURE BETTER-WITH-WORDS TROPER DESCRIBE HERE PLEASE)
- Pretty much the entirety of Chapters 30 & 35.
- And Chapter 29.
- The series of porny Star Fox fanfics by Ringshadow on adultfanfiction.net is pretty funny by itself, but one exchange stands out.
"Huh. That's out of nowhere." Katt sounded surprised. "I'm sure I'll hear about it later. I'd ask you to slap him for me but I doubt that'd work out." She paused. "So, any coffee baristas pants you yet today?"He shook his head. "You're not going to let me live that down are you?""Hell no, you won't tell me how good she was." Katt pouted."Why do you care? Are you going to surprise her with lesbian sex or something?"Peppy lifted his eyebrows silently."How does that work? Surprise, confetti, om nom nom?" Katt asked thoughtfully.Fox had been mid drink, but that was enough to put an image in his head, making him do a spit take. "Dammit, woman!""No, glitter would be more appropriate. Would this be the opposite of surprise buttsex you think? I mean, you'd know."Fox at times regretted ever telling Katt what happened on Aquas, or at least admitting to her that he was bisexual. She found the fact amusing somehow, picking at him on occasion and trying to figure out what his tastes were. When he asked why she wasn't upset, she said that guys making out were hot, and she forgave the random coffeehouse blowjob because he still came home to her. "I don't know. Would a strap-on be involved?""What the hell ass." Peppy said, caught between confusion and laughter."Either way, I'll sell some damn coffee. Actually, that'd be a good name for a coffee shop wouldn't it? Coffee and Lesbians.""Dammit, are you trying to send me to a business dinner with a boner?""I doubt Wolf needs the help with that.""Right. You're lucky I like you.""I own your ass, sweet cheeks. Om nom nom!" That said, she laughed and hung up.
- The Modesty Blaise fanfic An Ever-Fixèd Mark. Stephen Collier signs up Modesty and Willie for a compatibility course for couples. Hilarity Ensues. ("Oh, Edmund!" Mavis exclaimed rapturously. "You're even compatible with my father!")
- I would list the CMoFs in Shadow Crystal Mage's works, if it weren't for the simple fact that if the fic isn't serious, his fics tend to get at least one Moment per chapter, and it's at least 3 or 4 if the fic is cracky.
- The LXG fanfic series The Private Diary Of Elizabeth Quatermain has a bonus volume that was written specifically to invoke this trope. The father of the title character keeps his own Bridget Jones' Diary-style record of observations about the stuff that goes on in the series. He tears the mickey out of pretty nearly everyone and everything, most particularly her.
"Daughter using Sawyer's injuries as excuse to watch him sleep. Cried today. Daughter a bit of a whiny bint sometimes.""Hapless offspring wandered away from group and almost turned into Puma Chow.""Daughter and (love interest) continue to circle each other like lovesick vultures. V. annoying to watch."
- In a Total Drama fanfic, Total Drama Chris, in the challenge of the 21st chapter, the campers must write fanfics about Total Drama, in other words, about themselves. Hilarity Ensues!
- This troper once read a Fallout 3 fanfic where Liberty Prime was trudging around the wasteland, trying to find a worthy successor to Eden. He came across a drunk...
Drunk: No, no, no!... Th' cake ish a lie!LP: ...THE CAKE IS A COMMUNIST?
“Who’s hittin’ who with a rock?” Charlie asked, walking up behind them.“Me,” Hurley said, still searching the ground. “I’m hittin’ Jack with a rock.”“What? Why do you get to hit him with a rock? And why was I left out of this ‘we’re gonna hit Jack with a rock’ discussion?Jack What the hell is going on?!Hurley: Just... talkin’ about rocks. Nice one, huh? All, um, black and... uh, rock... ish?Jack: We don’t have time to hang around talking about rocks! And who would be sitting around talking about rocks, anyway?"Geologists?" Sawyer offered, with an angelic smile and a voice full of innocence, and Sayid suddenly had another fit of coughing.Hurley: Dudes, seriously, he’s [Jack] really startin’ to piss me off. ‘Hurley, the manifest! Hurley, I’m a doctor, not a... manifest guy! Hurley, medications, we... need... more... medications!”Charlie You know, Hurley, your impression of Jack sounds a lot more like Captain Kirk than it does Jack.Hurley: Sorry, dude, Kirk is the only impression I can do: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! But, I guess in Jack’s case it’d be more like ‘LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKE!’”Jack: Locke? What about Locke? Why in the hell are you screaming ‘Locke,’ did something happen, what happened, where’s Locke?”Hurley: Oh. Uh. No, no Locke. I was screaming ‘ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!’Jack: What?Hurley: Oh, just a thing I do. Nature worship. Wicca stuff, you didn’t know I’m Wiccan?
- Hurley: (about/to Sayid) You’re too... um, elegant. And foreign. Elegant foreign guys with accents who don’t even drop their Gs and rarely use contractions shouldn’t say things like ‘redneck hick asshole guy,’ it just sounds weird.
- Sawyer: What? He gets ‘elegant’ and I get ‘old?’
- Hurley: (about/to Sayid) You’re too... um, elegant. And foreign. Elegant foreign guys with accents who don’t even drop their Gs and rarely use contractions shouldn’t say things like ‘redneck hick asshole guy,’ it just sounds weird.
- NGE: Your Happy Years has the most epic Sachiel battle ever. Here is a quick summary of the highlights:
The speakers of the massive war machine transmit a profanity laden scream for all in the above ground Tokyo-3 region to hear.Shinji: "-and stomp you until you can be FUCKING MAILED! Are you INSANE?"Climbing onto its hands and knees, 200' and 15,000 tons of metal, sinew, and pure raw power crawl behind a block of apartment buildings, flattening its back against them. Shinji: "Did he see me?"And Shogoki grabs Sachiel by the shoulder and brings its knee up between the Angels legs.Shinji: "What kind of giant robot doesn't have GUNS?"Shinji: "AAAAAAHHHH! IT'S GOT MY CORD!"
- Chapter 17 of Day In The Life has Nanoha and Fate giving birth. Besides being chock-a-block full of warm fuzzies, one moment has the inevitable result of a young woman who has magical Super Strength suffering through labor pains:
Nurse: "She's going through a rough time right now, but she'll forget it when her boys are born." She glanced back, amused. "Come on, Scrya-san, there isn't much you can do unless you want her to break your fingers."Yuuno: "I'm a little worried about your bed, if Nanoha squeezes the rails any harder she'll break them."From the other side of the curtain, there was a groaning sound, followed by a snapping sound and a whimper.Yuuno: "...Aaand there goes the bed rail." he muttered, sighing softly.
- The Silent Hill fic New Beginnings, despite its SBIH status, does have an amusing line caused by poorly-placed Metaphorgotten:
"OMFG" James cried, flopping in the monster's strong arms like a fish. A fish that was about to be raped.
- The (absurdly good) Half-Life 2 novelisation Welcome to City 17 is about evenly divided between the horrors of Combine rule and Gordon being awesome, but it contains some stellar moments of comedy, admittedly mostly due to Mood Whiplash. By far the best of these is when Gordon avoids a Combine ambush in Nova Prospekt by hiding in a closet, and due to spending about two days running on adrenaline and the various drugs the HEV Suit has been pumping into him spends the next ten minutes staring at his hands. It is far funnier than it sounds.
- Warhammer 40,000 fans decided that Kharn the Betrayer was misunderstood and actually pretty fun to be around. They they wrote a series of short stories in which an unnamed Chaos devotee details the many fun times that were had with Kharn, all of them hilarious dedications to one hell of guy. He's the new Commisar, after all.
- The space battle between Soopreme Leader Rachel Mc Kenzie and Father in the Codename: Kids Next Door fanfic Operation: There Is No Operation , which dissolves in an epic That Came Out Wrong after she teasingly asks him to come and spank her:
"You know, I almost don't feel like it anymore. I feel dirty now," he complained. "We were having ourselves a good old-fashioned shootout and then you had to ruin it by being all precocious. It's things like this that make merciless pseudo-genocidal war between adults and children awkward, you know!"
- This Crash Bandicoot story practically opens with a CMOF, where in order to capture the Bandicoots, Cortex wears a Paper-Thin Disguise in the form of a fake mustache (along with all his minions who're also only wearing Fake Mustaches to cover up who they are) that the 'smarter' characters buy, while only Crash can see through, yet every time he tries to explain to the others they don't believe him. When they're captured, Aku-Aku begins to notice all of Cortex's flaws who just covers it up with a simple 'Science did it'.
- A very popular Pokémon one, Damaged, focuses on Mewtwo from the anime and watches him as he leads his own (often painful, often funny, often heartwarming) life. At one point, Mewtwo gets challenged by a certain girl, and thinks four words to himself, most likely in a way that many people can sympathize with.
Mew2 held a hand out to the woman. "Come here for a battle?""Yes." She smiled. "My name is Kristy." She shook his hand."You look familar." Mew2 looked at her out of the corner of his eye.She giggled a bit. "My father and mother are Ash and Misty Ketchum."They spawned.
- Another one done by the same author, this time for Metroid, Angseth, includes a character who had little to no personality in the game he premiered in, Kanden; the author took matters into her own hands when portraying him. What ended up happening was that almost all of his lines (and a great number of his actions) became Crowning Moments of Funny. For instance, he repeats (in one of his plentiful inner monologues) the phrase, "I am Kanden-man," three times to the rhythm of the riff for "Iron Man", syllable-for-note. And he does this almost completely randomly.
- An unintentional case is Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament, which features possibly the most boring and yet hilarious sex-scene-turned-Overly Long Gag ever:
Stella turned on the water. She felt it with her left hand to determine the temperature. When it was warm, she turned on the shower. Water splashed on all three women, getting them wet. Stella hugged Reccoa. Reccoa stared back at Stella. Stella kissed Reccoa on the lips. Reccoa hugged Stella. Stella pressed her tongue against Reccoa's lips. Reccoa parted her lips and allowed Stella's tongue into her mouth. The two women french-kissed. Reccoa felt warm - both because of the water and because of Stella's kiss. Une stood behind Reccoa, pressing against her, and placed her hands on Stella's ass. Stella placed her hands on Une's ass. Une licked up the right side of Reccoa's neck repeatedly. Stella finished the kiss. "Let's turn around." Stella took her hands off of Une's ass. Une took her hands off of Stella's ass. Stella and Reccoa turned 180 degrees.
- The Brain Bots' digitally transmitted "conversations" in the still-in-progress Megamind epic Dissimulate are all incredibly entertaining in their own right, but special mention goes to the exchange in chapter 5, including Biter's "Anti-Hysteria Routine" to another panicking Bot.
- The Total Drama World Tour rewrite, Candy For Your Thoughts:
- The otherwise ludicrously Dark Fic Chained World: Fall of the House of Kuno gets very silly whenever Ryoga appears onscene, whether the Lost Boy is accidentally teleporting to the Lincoln Memorial just before shouting to the heavens that he's going to try to destroy the institutionalized slavery in Japannote , or he's leading the pigs on a Kuno-run farm in a successful uprising.
- The Codename: Kids Next Door fanfic Operation OPPOSITE shows why you REALLY don't want to push Fanny Fullbright's Berserk Button. Fanny is reluctant to break into the Soopreme Leader's private room, Patton makes a comment about girls having no backbone ... and then she picks him up from the floor and throws him through the door.
I'LL SHOW YOU BACKBONE!
- In the Fate/stay night fic Chaos Theory, Archer wants to remove Rin from a very dangerous battle she refuses to leave. Archer explains his plan B
"I'm going to pick you up bodily, drag you to the steps, and throw you outside the mountain's boundary field." Archer said.
"… what?" Rin asked, not quite sure she'd heard right.
"Throw you. Kind of like a javelin, only it's you."
"… … …" Rin said.
"Don't worry. I'm good with projectile weapons. You won't die. I'll make sure you land in a bush or something." Archer said.
"… … …"
"You'll just get hurt. Between the draining effect of this sorcery and the wounds I'll be inflicting, you won't be able to get back to the fight, most likely. You'll be stuck safely outside the boundary field, while I deal with all of this madness." Archer said. "Magi heal fast, you'll be fine."
"Archer…" Rin said slowly. "Don't you dare."
Thirty-five seconds later, as Rin screamed, tears in her eyes, flying awfully fast towards a bush that didn't look at all soft enough for her tastes, she wondered why she'd ever thought this stupid war was something to look forward to.
- In Chapter 3 of the Discworld fic Odd One Out, Lucy Tockley takes great glee in her new job as a Snake Oil Salesman. She eventually finds out, to her dismay, that the cures actually worked. And then she tries drowning her sorrows at the local Bad-Guy Bar...
- The point of The Insane Critic is to review bad and weird fics. There are a lot of funny moments but the review of Until the End of Time is a peak point. Especially his reaction when Hitler delivers the fic's WHAM Line:
"IT DID IT! IT FINALLY DID IT! THIS FIC HAS BUTCHERED ANIME AND HISTORY IN ONE FELL STROKE! CURSE THIS FIC!"
- Wally Beatles reaction when confronted by the Teen Ninjas' new Humongous Mecha in the Codename: Kids Next Door fanfic Aftermath
"Ha!" Fanny grinned. "Whaddaya say to that, BOY?"Wally stared. "It's… pink.""What?""It's… pink!""Yeah, so?""It's PINK! What kinda cruddy mech is colored Pink? And it looks like a stoopid Monkey!""Shaddup!" Fanny screamed. "It's the Super Saiyan Sailor Monkey Mech!""It's pink!""That DOES it!" Fanny turned to Sally. "Get him!"
- In the Invader Zim fanfic, Human and Irken UNITE!, Zim recruits Gaz to his plans. In chapter seven, Gaz deceived Zim to make him go to Bearpursuit Mall, saying that there are lots of Earth's military secrets there and he is not familiar with the things there.
- Zim: WHO IS VICTORIA AND WHAT IS HER SECRET?Gaz: Zim, her secret is nothing that would interest you.Zim: Oh? And how do YOU know what secrets I want to know? How do you know her secret won't help us with our plans for world dominations?Gaz: I doubt fluffy, pink bras will help us conquer the world.Zim: Maybe in YOUR hands they won't, but I've had much more experience when it comes to tools of world domination! Watch me Little Gaz, as I conquer this 'bra' and use it to KILL ALL HUMANS! Bye-bye!
- "I AM ZERUEL, ANGEL OF MIGHT, AND IF YOU ABUSE SUBSTANCES, YOU KILL BABIES AND PUPPIES. PREPARE TO DIE."
- In this Self-Insert Fic Nazi Zombies fanfic, Nikolai incorporates Homer Simpson.
"You don't want my soul, it probably tastes like vodka! Mmm… vodka."
- Space Pirate Confederation is loaded with these, such as Kraid's stupidity and the mundanity of Samus and Ridley's rivalry, but one exchange that stands out is between two random Space Pirates as Dark Samus arrives to raid their Agon base.
- A space pirate squad walked in on Dark Samus absorbing the Phazon. "Sir," he said into his radio, "Samus Aran is here.""That's not Aran," a second pirate said to the first."What do you mean, of course it is! There's the suit, and big shoulders, and a gun!""We have suits, big shoulders, and a gun, that isn't very descriptive. Also, it's black, floating, and absorbing our Phazon. Aran is orange, grounded, and not absorbing our Phazon.""You're demoted.""I'm your superior.""You were just demoted, so not anymore."
- This It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia fic has some great moments but nothing will beat Charlie's solution to a problem with Dennis' girl of the week we have to eat her.
- The AU fic Worm D20 (in which the events of Worm are reimagined as a RPG campaign) has one in its first chapter.
"No, you may not go Carrie on your classmates.""Can I sit in a bathroom and scream my head off?""Yes."
- In the RWBY fic For Better or Norse, we get the following from Nora Valkyrie.
"Okay. We can fix this. Um, Mr. Ren, you stay there. Thrice-damned coward Winchester...""Stop calling me that!""... you just... I'll turn around," Nora continued as though he hadn't spoken, "And you just give Mr. Ren his proper warrior's death, damning yourself to the frozen wastes of Hel for your cowardice. Then I'll run his soul right up to Valhalla, and we all win! Except not Mr. Ren, who will die. Or you, who will be doomed. But I'll win!"
- The Free! fanfic seen everything there is to be shown in its entirety. To summarize, Haruka sneaks into Rin and Nitori's dorm room every night to get it on with Rin, but unbeknownst to them, poor Nitori is awake and hears all of it.
Haruka: I think Makoto bought me lube.Rin: ...You're fucking kidding me. Makoto bought you lube?Haruka: I think he bought me lube. I definitely didn't buy it, but it was in my bathroom this morning.
- Nitori's Imagine Spot about how he'd ask Rin to take their (very bad) lovemaking elsewhere: "So last night I found out that Nanase likes being bitten - which I imagine he'd have to, given those incisors - and that you're both what my older brother would call 'delicate virginal flowers' and, um, maybe you guys could take it elsewhere.
- He has another one when thinking about what he could say when Seijuurou asks him why he's been avoiding Rin: "I've been listening to Rin and Nanase gracelessly fumble at each other's bits two or three nights a week and they don't know I've been awake all this time. I now know every single one of Nanase's erogenous zones and that Rin refuses to swallow. I could tell you the exact number of times both of them has gotten off recently and that number is depressingly low. And when Rin finds out about all this, he's going to send my remains home in a matchbox."
- This exchange. Even when Makoto doesn't appear in the story at all, he still manages to be the Team Mom.
Haruka: (wheezing) Is it still attached?
- When Rin tries to give Haruka a blowjob, he accidentally bites him, hard. With his mouthful of shark teeth.
- Nitori considers helping Rin out with his sex life: "Perhaps he should set up a throwaway email address and anonymously send Rin a link to the Amazon page for the Kama Sutra. Or Sex For Dummies. Or maybe one of those children's toys with the colorful shaped pegs that fit into the matching holes."
- In Levi's Corporal Levi, in a story-long pun on his name, declares a one-man war on the Survey Corps' white pants. Poor Erwin.
- In The Fairly OddParents story Fairly Odd Angles and Other Stories, Jorgen is yelling at Timmy when Timmy's father hears.
Timmy's Father: TIMMY! DO YOU HAVE A GIRL IN THERE? A DEEP-VOICED, AUSTRIAN-SOUNDING GIRL?
>Timmy: Uh... yes Dad!
Timmy's Father: GREAT! NEED ANY CONDOMS?
Timmy: We're good!
Timmy's Father: SHOULD I TELL YOUR MOM?
Timmy: Please don't!
- Punish Me!, a Watchmen story that describes a few of Nite Owl's encounters with Captain Carnage. Carnage is an incredibly campy Harmless Villain, and Rorschach innocently denies that he threw Carnage down an elevator shaft, saying that he pushed him instead.
- Heroes, a Daria tale that shows the eponymous lead steadily pushed too far in a lunatic Lawndale school year, scripts out (in script format) Jane having to take extraordinary measures to wake up after spending the previous evening joining a scalded and furious Daria in bouncing off the padded walls of her room to burn off the Morgendorffer Temper. Unfortunately, she's not the only one to partake..
Jake: (All bright and happy) Morning Jane-O! How's it hanging? (Jane looks bleakly at Jake, disgusted at the general ambience of "happy busy morning" he exudes)Jane: (Morning rasp) Daria. (Works mouth again) Seen her? (Rubs jaw. She's got that bed-hair again)Jake: Not yet Jane, but I'm sure that she'll be up soon! (Starts to brew coffee in a drip)(Jane staggers over to the kettle, turns it on. She searches the cupboards for the biggest mug she can find. Securing her discovery, she takes out the instant coffee and a little round container. She sniffs the coffee, and looks in the container. Jane looks in the cupboards again, and takes out a two-pound bag of white sugar. Refilling the round container with the sugar, she put that back into the cupboard and pours the remainder of the bag into the mug. Then she starts pouring out coffee into the mug. Jake pokes the bacon and eggs, then goes back to slurping the juice loudly. Jane winces at the noise, then pours in the now-boiling water. After enough water to dissolve the coffee and sugar into a syrup, she grabs the milk from the fridge, pours and stirs. The spoon doesn't want to go around at first, but she gradually reaches liquid consistency. She then places the evil brew into the microwave and nukes it. Jake looks on, interested)Jake: (Too loud) I've never seen coffee made like that before Jane, how's it taste?Jane: (Distant, exhausted) I have no idea, this is the first time I've been tired enough to try making it.(The microwave dings, and Jane removes the warmed mug gingerly. She sniffs it, wrinkles up her nose and takes a huge swig. Swallowing with difficulty, she manages to get the toxic concoction down. After she's swallowed, she breathes heavily.)Jake: (Doing another "Loud Howard") How was it?Jane: (Panting) I've had worse. (Beat.) Hang on. (Swallows again.) Whoo, maybe I haven't. (Jane's stomach makes a rumble of pain audible throughout the kitchen. She pats her belly, addressing it) Patience my pet. Soon the sugar will reach you and you shall be sated. (Shows how brave she is by going for another swig. Breaks off, gasping) God, that is bad. (Another swig, wincing with pain.) Exceptionally bad.Jake: (He really wants to taste it now) May I? (Holds out hand)Jane: (Uncertain) Didn't Helen put you on a low caffeine diet?Jake: ("We fellow conspirators" voice) I'm sure a sip won't hurt?Jane: (Flat [She's drank it, after all]) I'm pretty sure it will. (To Jake's hangdog expression) But if it makes you feel any better, I'm going to see Daria now, and will be leaving this (Gestures to mug) here. (Staggers out of shot)(Jake smiles and nods. After Jane has left the shot, he stares at the mug. A few seconds pass before..)Mug: (Female siren-like voice) Jake, Jaaake…drink me, drink meeeeee… (From Jake's point of view, the mug is getting closer. He turns, trying to resist, but the voice continues)Mug: Only a ssssip. Only a ssssip… (Jake knows when he's beaten. He picks up the mug, as we cut to—)(Jane knocking on Daria's door, it swings open under her hand. Music: "If I Were You" - K.D. Lang. She goes inside, seeing Daria rubbing her head carefully with a towel. Daria turns slightly, and waves Jane down to the bed. Daria is wearing, very loosely, a blue terrycloth robe)Jane: (Rubbing eyes) How'd you sleep?Daria: (Normal conversational tone) Surprisingly well. (Beat) Mom came in late last night. I told her.Jane: (Stretching to remove kinks) How did "She-Beast the Lawyer" take it?Daria: (Smiles a little at Janes' antipathy.) She was tired after work, so she didn't drop into immediate "freak" mode.Jane: Hmm, ok. (Rolling head back) Hey Dar?Daria: (Finishes towelling head) What? (She's slightly irritated at the "Val" nickname.)Jane: (Head still back) I know we're good friends and everything, but you might like to close your robe.Daria: (Blushes, holds robe shut) Sorry. My back…Jane: (Interrupting) Forget it. (Changes topic) You going to school today?Daria: (Flat) I think that I'll be spending most of my day on my stomach, with my back slathered in moisturisers, reading.Jane: Right. Anyway, I'm going home for some more sleep. (Yawning only partly to punctuate her decision) I'll be only a phone call away.Daria: That, and the two pillows over your head. (Pause.) And why are you up so early?Jane: Worried. (Yawn) About. (Yawn) You. (Yawning with disgust) God, when is the sugar going to hit?Daria: (Interested) Another Lane coffee special?Jane: Nahh, found this one on the Internet. It's pretty rough. (There is a weird high-pitched scream/yelp from downstairs. It stops abruptly. Jane looks over to Daria, more than a bit worried)Jane: I really hope that isn't Jake. (Hesitant) He wanted to try some of my coffee… (The noise starts again, but proceeds to change, because whatever is making it is moving downstairs, rapidly. The noise Dopplers out of hearing, increases, then fades again. The garage door is heard opening, then a car screeches out into the early-morning. It drives away at great speed)(Cut to the Morgandoffer kitchen, bacon and eggs starting to burn, cereal bowl upturned, glass of juice in the sink with Jane's mug of toxic waste alongside. Pan upwards a little, and we see a slowly-dripping stain on the sink window, as if someone did a spit-take of something sticky while watching the dewy morn evaporate. It looks a lot like Jane's coffee…)(Cut upstairs again.)Daria: (deeply sincere) We can only hope.
- In In the Light of Day, Elsa is having some trouble finding a future-husband among the princes sent to bid for her hand.
Elsa: “Seven princes in a race for my hand in marriage, and an eight-year-old is leading the pack.”