- First, after finally having viewed the Apocalyptic Log entry, depicting the insane original crew torturing each other in severely hideous ways:
Miller:(deadpan) We're leaving.
- Second, this exchange immediately afterwards:
- Weir: You can't just leave her!
- Both of which come off as a severe form of understatement from the sympathetic audience.
- Mentioned should be made of Cooper, after the Lewis and Clark has been destroyed by a bomb, catapulting a spacesuit-clad Cooper into empty space on a chunk of debris. His reaction to his predicament proves a nice bit of recovery from the emotional punch of the situation:
Cooper: Why's this shit always gotta happen to me?!
- Not to mention, when he's zooming back toward the ship, "HERE I COME MOTHERFUCKEEEEERS!"
- Near the beginning of the film, as Weir is explaining to the crew of Lewis and Clark how the Event Horizon achieves faster-than-light travel by warping space, he pulls one of Smith's centerfolds off his bunk to use as a visual aid. When Smith starts to protest, Miller gives him a solemn pat on the shoulder as if to say "Take one for the team, Smith."
- This classic:
Cooper: Want something hot and black inside you?Starck flips him offCooper: Is that an offer?Starck: It is not.Cooper: Well, how 'bout some coffee, then?
Funny / Event Horizon
While this movie is high on the horror, it does have a couple of moments of hilarity.