Funny: Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
- At the end of the mini-comic that comes with the artbook, there's a panel that has characters from previous games representing the It's Easy, so It Sucks side of the fanbase protesting the new Casual difficulty. They're all Bound and Gagged in an alley near the Adventure Duo while still holding their pickets.
- Wynne's infamous Maze 1, B2F line:
Wynne: "But I gotcha back when it comes ta weapons and armor! I gotta lady boner harder dan steel for dat stuff!
- In a later conversation, she tries to sell you a giant boomerang made out of scrap and a "paddle-ball flail."
- Dalla wishes to celebrate your progress for making it into the Scarlet Pillars. Remember that she has a portrait with a hearty smile while she says...this.
Dalla: I think a celebration is in order. We just got a fine ostrich, so I'll go out back and wring its neck for you.
- Kirtida's response to the moth egg quest, after you accept it. She put the quest's description way too high so no one else would see it. She is absolutely terrified of the thought of you bringing the egg to her that she implores you to not try too hard.
- And when you turn in the quest, this starts playing.
- After the Sentinels start to inhabit Tharsis, a Vessel becomes jealous that one of them joined with his guild and has become the center of attention...and then he exclaims that he's jealous because he wants to have and pet their fur so badly.
- After you unlock the final class, one appears as a patron at the bar, where he goes on how an Imperial knight's drive blade is as important as his life, and it's vital for their honor to fight using it and it alone... A moment later, though, he admits he was just trying to sound cool and the truth is that they're too damn heavy to dual-wield with anything.
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
- In The Millennium Girl, Simon and Raquna enter Frederica's cryogenic sleep chamber from the nearby room. How does Arthur join in? By crashing through the ceiling window.
- Some of the response options qualify. You could have the Highlander want to lie down in Frederica's cryogenic pod after meeting everyone, or you could have him eat the Crabapples you got for a quest, in response to your client telling you to hand them over.
- When Raquna's family sends her (and you, through association) an ice-cream maker, the party tries it out at once, but isn't doing too well by the time you are given a Dialogue Tree. The last suggestion, making Arthur use his ice magic on it, encases the whole cream maker in an ice block. Cue Simon Facepalming.
- One event has Raquna getting her leg stuck in a ditch because of her armor. One of the options is get the ground wet, which obviously wouldn't work, and upon selecting this options you do it by pouring your drink on her leg. This accomplishes nothing, and sends you back to the original dialogue options, letting you do the exact same thing again.
- In the artbook that comes with the preorder of the game, there's the comic where Frederica needs some real food. When Raquna cooks and everyone digs in, Frederica gets poisoned due to Raquna being a Lethal Chef, and Simon, of all people, is calling for a Medic.
- Arthur explains how his alchemy works in Buffy Speak:
Arthur: I just go "Zoom!" and it goes "Whoosh!" and then "Bam!" and the enemies are like "Noooooo!" and I'm all "Hahaha!"
Arthur: It's easy! Just roll it out like 'bam!' then tie it down like 'wham!' and then you lie down like 'oooooh!'
- In a similar fashion, when going to rest for the first time during the quest to spend five consecutive days on the eighth floor, this is how he explains making a sleeping bag:
- There's an event in the second stratum where a character in the party can Vine Swing. If the Highlander or a character in Classic Mode does it, after his or her TP is restored, you have the option to have that character yell! Enemies ambush the party if you choose "Yes".
- Anytime Valerie the pub owner shudders whenever the requests involve getting materials out of bugs.
- Making Frederica turn really red on the face when pointing out her concern for Simon walking (and talking) while reading from his book.
- It happens again when she wishes to be called with an Affectionate Nickname and you end up choosing the option, "Alright, Frederica." The rest of the team is visibly disappointed.
- The pub owner asks you if it's so easy to disguise as herself. Say yes and she warns you not to do it.
- There's an old sword in the first Stratum the party can find. If you bring it into the bar and talk with one of the regulars who owned that sword, he will ask for it back. When you give it to him, the game tells you in "[Party member] does X" format that he grabs the sword and hugs it.
- Arthur happily compares Austin to Simon. If you agree with him, you can tell Simon is slowly slipping into Tranquil Fury...
- Valerie, in a post game quest, asks you to go fix the "el-lava-tore".
- After beating the Bonus Boss Alraune you can get a dialogue choice where you say that the boss was cute, exasperating the rest of the team.
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
- Any dialogue choice that makes Flavio feel like a Butt Monkey.
- The reason why Chloe wants to tag along with the protagonist and the others? She wants to study his transformation because it looks cool.
- Lines uttered when a party member is confused are often this and borderline terrifying at the same time. Arianna's and Chloe's, on the other hand, are just plain hilarious.
Arianna: Off with their head!Chloe: IT'S FUN! SO MUCH FUN!
Chloe: A rare one... I want it.
- There are a few more great lines in battle. For example, one of the possible lines when the party comes across a shiny:
Chloe: Come at us! ...that's what Trand said.
- There's also one of Chloe's lines if the party battles a boss:
- The various scenes from developing new dishes are a constant source of these, thanks in no small part to Regina's put-upon reactions to the party's various shenanigans.
- Upon successfully developing the Horse Bao, Chloe and Flavio quickly scarf down the two buns that Regina prepared... only for her to point out that she thought that those two, split up, would be enough for the whole group. Flavio, of course, quickly stammers out an apology, at which point you get to choose one of two responses: "I won't forgive you.", or "I won't EVER forgive you."
- In the fourth stratum, there's a room where you can choose to kick a rock. If you do, it bounces off a tree and hits you square in the head for a bit of damage. But if you press A again, you get the option to "challenge" it. Something that isn't lost on Flavio. If you do, you're given multiple options, including using your sixth sense to dodge it. If you choose that, the Fafnir Knight closes his eyes, anticipates the rock, and dodges it by half an inch. Everyone showers him with praise for dodging it...except Bertrand, who says he almost got excited because you dodged a pebble you kicked yourself.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.