- There's the ability to change the intro as much as you want. A hilarious example if you have LU BU dance in front of Diao Chan.
- After you defeat Zhang He as Xiahou Yuan during the battle of Guan Du, Yuan will ask him to join up, saying that his Master "likes the strong and weird types". Zhang He accepts in the most unusual manner, to which Yuan asks Cao Cao for forgiveness as "this one is a little too strange".
- If you're strong enough, you'll see a laughable strategy offered by a random officer:
I shall teach you the basics of strategy!
*beat the officer before he finished saying that* Some battles you win, and some battles you lose.
-(Surely that was a strategy basic all right...)
- In Dynasty Warriors 6, Zhang Jiao and Dong Zhuo come back from beyond the grave (with ridiculous ghostly hammy acting) to get revenge against Lu Bu, which prompts a snarky reply from Zhang Liao.
Zhang Liao: It seems... we are up against a formidable enemy.
- Another one in the sixth installment: Sun Quan declaring war on Cao Cao (battle of He Fei Castle) as if he were channeling the great god of war William Shatner.
Sun Quan: We will lay siiiege to Weiii...and defeat Cao Caooo...
- "YOU FLAMING IDIOTS!"
- In Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends, Meng Huo meeting Xu Zhu on the battlefield of the Legend Mode stage, Struggle for Nan Zhong:
Hey! You're big and fat, just like me! Meng Huo:
What?! I'm not fat! This is all muscle!
- In Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, some of the taunts officers give, along with their responses, whether they take the bait or not.
- Diaochan's taunt: "You fear one such as I? Oh, you poor thing!"
- Lu Bu's response to a taunt: "Do you have any idea who you are talking to?!"
- Zhang Jiao's response: "Allow to me seal such a blasphemous mouth!"
- Yuan Shao ignoring a taunt: "There wails the envy of the lower class! How pathetic!"
- Wei Yan ignoring a taunt: "Who... cares?!"
- A few generic officers get some good one-liners in, too: (Responding to taunt) "Let me see if I can't rearrange your ugly face!" or (Dismissing a taunt) "Oh go bite yourself."
- This troper tends to favor his created warriors over the normal musou characters and overheard his female right-hand ignore a taunt. "Don't you have a better way of asking for a date?"
- The existence of Zhang Lu in Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends. His voice... was a comedic goldmine. Good luck sitting through Yang Ping Gate or Jian Ge Gate without cracking up.
- Conquest Mode in Dynasty Warriors 7 offers ample opportunities for these.
- Of note is Cao Pi's first Legendary Battle, where he fights a series of suitors for Zhenji's hand, including his own father. His last opponent before coming face to face with Zhenji is Yuan Xi, Zhenji's first husband, who calls everyone out on trying to steal his wife.
- In Sima Zhao's first Legendary Battle, he finds himself under attack with his brother Shi leading the charge. The reason? He ate one of Shi's Meat Buns, although an earlier line of Zhuge Dan's implies that he couldn't resist them either.
- Zhang He's third and last Legendary Battle involves him recruiting people for his dance troupe. Of course, he has to beat the tar out of them first for them to comply. While Zhenji, Cai Wenji and Diaochan are rather obvious choices and he does get them, he also ends up taking Zhou Yu, Liu Shan and Zhuge Liang with the latter two lampshading their predicament.
- If your bond with Lu Bu is strong enough, he will ask you what you think about him. If you respond by complimenting his ludicrously iconic headgear, he will gleefully respond with "Oh! So you like it too?"
- Zhang Liao shares this particular question with the same possible answers. Granted, he also has a ludicrous Nice Hat.
- One of the gag weapons in Dynasty Warriors 7 is the Three Kingdoms for the Flying Swords. Not the swords of the three leaders; the actual three kingdoms novels.
- In DW7:XL, remember the infamous "I am my own opponent" line from DW3!Fan Castle?
"I never thought I would have to face myself... This will be an interesting battle no doubt."
- It gets funnier when you realized only Sima Yi and Lu Meng are the ones who don't have such line in that stage, but KOEI still bother to give Guan Yu that line!
- Most characters think someone's impersonating them or its sorcery. Liu Shan?
- Also in Xiaoqiao's Legend Mode, when she meets up Zhang He...
Zhang He: This battlefield is no place for a little girl like you. Leave before you get hurt.
- In 7: Xtreme Legends' Legend Mode, having Lu Bu as your Adjutant and speaking to him when your castle town's Atmosphere is Carefree:
Lu Bu: Simply being in this town is driving me insane. The people no longer fear me due to the peace and tranquility.
- When you speak to him as a female character when your town's atmosphere is Friendly:
- In the pre-battle of the Campaign against the Yuans in 7: Extreme Legends' Legend Mode, two nameless privates are discussing in a corner. One of them gives a strangely apt description of their raison d'čtre.
Private #1: I can't decide whether I'm going to be the next Ma Dai or the next Pang De. Which do you think suits me?
Private #2: I'd say you look like the next nameless peon who gets mowed down by a rampaging enemy.
- Pretty much any stage with this silly music playing is guaranteed to be hilarious.
- In Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends. Pick Battle of Mt. Qi. Now play as Liu Bei. Now Fail Zhuge Liang's strategy. Now watch an Awkward dialogue.
- Xiahou Yuan's You Have Got to Be Kidding Me! look on his face upon seeing his bow break in 7 at Mt. Ding Jun
- Watching your allies get caught in your musou attack.
- Sima Yi's confession cinematics in Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires: He runs up to his love interest and, in his usual Tsundere fashion, tells her that he's acquired some women's clothes in battle and would like her to have them. Now if you've read the ROTK source material (or paid attention to the Scholar's Test questions), you might remember that during one of his Northern Campaigns, Zhuge Liang sent Sima Yi a set of women's clothes for humiliation, in hope of provoking Sima Yi into leading an attack. So now do you know where Sima Yi got those clothes from?
- Guan Yinping's second musou "sparring practice", especially when you finish a enemy officer with it.
- Or if she misses. She stomped the ground in anger because that nobody wants to practice with her, enough that there is a high-damaging quake where you can even kill the enemy with it.
- Pang Tong's second Musou the Power Nap, he damages enemies by scratching his back.
- Much of the intro before Wei's Mt. Ding Jun stage. Xiahou Yuan is seen brooding, but is quickly interrupted by Zhang He trotting around the base in his usual "glamorous" dance routine. Yuan watches and eventually starts to subconsciously copy his moves, before coming back to his senses and shaking his head in disbelief as though saying, "What the hell have I been doing?".
- He does that as well in 7 in the prelude to the battle against Zhang Lu but is more into it.
- At the end of the Hypothetical ending in Jin's Route, Jiang Wei tells all three Sima men his reason for fighting, with Zhao joining his brother and father in berating the former for his foolishness.
: Why do you think? To carry out the will of my fallen master, and create a land of benevolence
! Sima Yi, Sima Shi, and Sima Zhao
- In 7 onwards you can have characters use other officers' weapons. There's something funny to be seen watching Lu Bu smacking enemies around with Xiaoqiao's weapon the iron fan or Daqiao's weapon the pugil stick and vice-versa.
- In 8, when playing as Zhang Chunhua, Sima Zhao's "in distress" line is pure gold. It's the delivery that sells it.
Sima Zhao: (clearly realizing he'll never hear the end of this) Mother?! I... need your help.
- In 8, when you max out some of their bonds, you can get humorous clips from the other characters. Pang De, for example, if you max out the female bonds, desires to make you something nice...a coffin for both you and him in death. Keep it classy, Pang De...
- This little gem from Jin's Story Mode in 7.
Sima Zhao: (trying to warn Shi of possible assassination attempts) There are rumblings of discontent afoot. You should not walk alone.
Sima Shi: (deadpan) But you won't bother to stop me.
- Bonus point goes to Wang Yuanji, who is usually quite stoic, breaks into a chuckle upon hearing Shi's response.
- In the battle of Ru Xu Kou in 8, Ling Tong and Gan Ning start another of their arguments and Lu Meng gets fed up and bonks them both on the head and admonishes them both telling them to be quiet. Unfortunately he gets louder as he goes on, alerting the Wei forces.
- In 8, when Sima Yi is being informed that Zhong Hui has rebelled, what is his response? Screw the war, I'm eating meat buns! It's not until Zhang Chunhua confiscate his plate of meat buns and drag him out to battlefield, though.
: (suddenly become calm and looks slightly startled
) "O-of course
- The best part of this scene is that as Sima Yi berates Zhong Hui, the triumphant version of Jin's theme plays— and then abruptly cuts out as soon as Chunhua interrupts him.
- There's a Badass Boast from enemy generic when you confront them in DW7. Usually this is from generic who has brash or brutish voice:
"So you are my next opponent! I shall crush you like all the others!"
- Bonus point if they actually use giant club as their weapon since its basic attack is by crushing the ground and enemies around it. Additionally, after you defeat them, their retreat quote will be like this:
"I shall return! Remember that! For yours is the first head I shall seek!"
- Some players consider this funny, some other players consider this hilariously lame.
- From DW7 onwards characters now have different portraits to reflect their moods. In DW8 while everyone's else angry expression ranges from being upset to outright pissed, Sun Shangxiang's expression? Simply her rolling her eyes, annoyed.
- Han Dang's desperation to be noticed after becoming playable. When you fight him in combat, he claims he'll make this a battle everyone will remember. After you beat him, he tells you to forget you ever saw him.
- At the end of a stage in 8 XL for Jin, it looks like Sima Shi will finally get to enjoy his precious meat bun, since at long last, Zhao is finally letting him to have one, only for a Tiger to appear out of nowhere and swipe it from Shi's hands. Shi immediately draws out his weapon and chases after it yelling at it to give him back.
- In fact, the last Xtreme Legends-exclusive stage for the four kingdoms are generally set up to be comical in fashion. Wu has its four strategists competing for commander dominance based on a drunk Sun Quan's suggestion; Wei has their officers searching for Cai Wenji to the point of disturbing all the other female officers, who they've mistaken as her; Shu has their female soldiers setting out to find the runaway Red Hare, only to disturb other animals (and their owners) in the process; and Jin's stage has their soldiers searching for the ingredients for the perfect meat bun... fuelled by Sima Shi's own desires.
- In Wei's DW8 story, when Xiahou Dun gets his eye shot out, the would be assailant starts ranting at there futility of taking back the castle from Lu Bu, Yuan simply responds with probably the laziest firing of arrows ever.
- Guan Yinping can be a walking Comic Relief with her Does Not Know Her Own Strength trait. Example found in the expansion's Find Red Hare stage:
Soldier: (spectulating about the whereabouts of the Red Hare) ...so maybe a horse thief stole it.
Yinping: Huh? You mean they carried him on the back and ran off?
- There's plenty of hilarious gems Wei's Xtreme Legends' final stage "Find the Beauties":
Zhang Chunhua: Someone is approaching us like this is obviously trying to sell us something. Shi, please deal with them for me.
Sima Shi: We do not wish to purchase anything from you. Leave us at once.
Yu Jin (bewildered): Purchase something? What exactly are you accusing us of?
- And this one after failing to defeat the mini Lu Bus disguised as Unit Commanders:
Zhou Cang: That little girl has the blood of the God of War in her veins. You're nowhere near strong enough to face her in battle.
Xiahou Yuan: I get that, I really do, but why are you're attacking us as well?
- You can even play this stage as the missing person, Cai Wenji herself, and it triples the humor in which she's basically tailing the search party (who are of course unaware of her presence) in curiosity about who the missing person is, with no clue that they are actually looking for her. This stage also contains her Sixth weapon.
- Now that you can equip whatever weapon you like on any character, have fun watching the petite Da Qiao swinning around a Drill Lance three times her size with ease, or Dong Zhuo twirling his hip like a girl in tutu with the whip.
- Pushed to the peak with the amount of customisation Edit characters can receive in the Empires expansion. You can meet a grumpy, muscular, uninteresting-looking Edit in the field who begin to leash out equally uninteresting moves at you, until he suddenly activates his Musou and start prowling on his knees like a cat...
- Dialogues in DW7: Empires are constructed using mix and match mechanics, which can lead to some hilarious moments when one speaker continues to talk on nonchalantly despite the other angrily retorts or throws out death threats. Example:
Zhou Yu: These are our conditions. Accept them for your own good. You do know what will happen if you refuse, right?
Generic Ruler: Huh? Are you trying to get your face rearranged or something?
Zhou Yu: Then it is agreed. I thank you for your understanding.