- "I'll bet you twenty bucks I can get you gambling before the end of the day!"
- Even better in that he doesn't realize he's already won.
- Lloyd's revenge on Harry.
- "His head fell off?!"
Lloyd: That's it. I've had it with this dump! We got no food, we got no jobs! Our pet's HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!
- Even funnier is Harry's follow-up, "Yeah, he was pretty old..."
- When Lloyd accidentally goes the wrong way during the road trip:
Harry: Huh. I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.Lloyd: I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man.
- When Lloyd pulls up next to Harry on a Vespa, and explains that he sold the Shaggin' Wagon for it and gas money.
Harry: Where did you find that?!Lloyd: Some kid back in town. Traded the van for it straight up. I can get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog.
- "It's okay! I'm a limo driver!"
- "We landed on the moon!" Ad-libbed by Jim Carrey, to boot.
- Harry introduces himself to Mary by saying "Nice set of hooters you got there" completely out of the blue. Although he makes a quick save by claiming that he's referring to the snow owls.
- The snowball fight between Harry and Mary. After Mary playfully tosses some snow at Harry, he retaliates by pegging her in the face with a snowball at point-blank range as hard as he can. It only escalates from there.
- Lloyd's dream sequence, which involves the Groin Attack to end all Groin Attacks, ripping a guy's heart out, a kiss from hell, and ends with Lloyd nearly hitting a semi head-on.
- Harry and Lloyd replacing the ransom money with I.O.U.s. Watching how they spend it is funny enough, but then the Big Bad finally opens the briefcase at the end and nearly blows a gasket.
"Go ahead and add it up. Every cent's accounted for. Look, see this? That's a car. 275 thou. Might wanna hang onto that one."
- When Harry explains that he survived getting shot because the FBI gave him a bulletproof vest.
Lloyd: ...what if he shot you in the face?(beat)Harry: (to FBI) What if he shot me in the face?
- The look on Harry's face when Lloyd has his hand in his coat (ready to pull his gun during his Imagine Spot).
- Lloyd outwits Sea Bass at the diner by somehow getting him to put their lunch on his tab.
Harry: That was genius, Lloyd, sheer genius. I mean, where did you come up with a scam like that?Lloyd: Saw it in a movie once.Harry: That's incredible! So what happened, so the guy tricks some sucker into picking up his tab and gets away with it scot-free?Lloyd: No! In the movie, they catch up to him a half-mile down the road and slit his throat. (giggles) It was a good one!
- When Lloyd first suggests to Harry that they go to Aspen.
Lloyd: What are we doing here, Harry? We've gotta get out of this town!Harry: Yeah, and go where? Where do you wanna go?Lloyd: I'll tell you where: someplace warm. Where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called (whispers) Assspeeen.Harry: I don't know, Lloyd; the French are assholes.
- Extra gloves.
- EEEAAAAAHHHH! HARRY! YOUR HANDS ARE FREEZING!
- Also the Potty Humor where Harry just lets go and pees during the ride... the pair are frozen together by the time Lloyd stops.
- "Dear Gas Man, packed up and drove to Aspin. Sorry about the $. Lloyd and Harry." *smiley face*
- Even funnier since the villains think that Harry and Lloyd are criminal geniuses playing them for fools, taking "Gas Man" to be a reference to Mental's ulcer problems.
- "Hey...you wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" Doubly funny if you watch Jeff Daniels start to lose his shit before the camera cuts to Mike Starr, also trying not to laugh.
- At the bar while Lloyd is waiting for his supposed date with Mary, Beth shows up and starts rambling about her non-existent ex-boyfriend:
Beth: And I said: "Run, Beth, run for your life before this man kills you both." Then do you know what the klutz did?
- Lloyd's attempt at a Love Confession is fantastically stupid. This line is just the tip of the iceberg: "What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me..."
- And then when Mary tries to tell him it's "more like one out of a million":
Lloyd: I desperately wanna make love to a schoolboy.
- Lloyd practicing a big romantic speech, ultimately screwing it up in, of course, the most hilarious way he could.
- The final scene in the movie was originally supposed to have Harry's line be the same, then Lloyd would actually get them on the bus with the bikini models. The finished ending is the result of Jim Carrey looking at the scene and going "Well yeah, but wouldn't this be even funnier?"
- The trailer for the movie, especially this line: "If they each had half a brain, they'd still only have half a brain."
- "MOVE IT OR LOSE IT, SISTER!"
- Doubles with an inversion of Fridge Brilliance: Harry and Lloyd pick up Mental as a hitch-hiker, despite the fact that they SAW him at their apartment, with a gun, merely days before. Neither even thought to mention "hey, doesn't this guy look a lot like the gas man?"
- Although Menthal did have his back to them when they were looking through the peephole.
- "Hey, Guys! Oh, Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later!"
- This brief 8-second scene was devised by Carrey to show that while Lloyd may be a moron and a sociopath, he's not a racist moron and sociopath.
- Harry is depressed that Mental's last words were calling them out on murdering him. Lloyd replies "not if you count that gurgling sound."