Funny: Dragon Ball Z Abridged
aka: Dragon Ball Abridged
Funny moments from DBZ Abridged. WARNING: You might be here a while.
Moments from Two Saiyans Play
can be found here
open/close all folders
DBZ Abridged - Episodes - Other
DBZ Abridged - Specials
- Subscriber Special: After hearing there were at least 9k subscribers, the usual question was asked, however, this happens..
Nappa: You mean
Nappa: It's(getting excited)
Vegeta: It's over...
Nappa: It's over?(really excited)
Vegeta: It's over 8000
Nappa: What 8..(gets confused), wait what? You didn't do it right.
Vegeta: Yes I did, Nappa. Yes I did.
- The Halloween Special:
Professor: Well, what's your costume?
Popo: Oh, I'm not in costume. Yet. Hold on. [cut to clip of the Cloverfield monster, with Popo's maniacal laughter]
- Four Words: Banana on a
- Heck, the entire FAQ is one big CMOF.
- The obnoxious salaryman... er, fan. That is all.
Can I be Cutter? Vegeta:
No! Wait... who the hell is Cutter? Obnoxious Fan:
You guys suck! I'm going to go complain on my LiveJournal
Yes, I'm sure your mother reads it religiously.
Can I be Oozaru? Vegeta: I DON'T KNOW! LET'S ASK HIM! Oozaru:
ROAR! (Fires blast of energy from his mouth at the Obnoxious Fan.) Obnoxious Fan:
- Nappa answering the question of who writes and edits the show.
Well, it's edited by the Tiger Kitty
Kaiser Neko, Nappa! Nappa:
Kaiser Cat! Vegeta:
Meow! (pair of cat ears pops up on his head)
- Krillin may be motivated with the spirit bomb on the outside, but on the inside...
- There's also the second FAQ special. Yamcha tries to answer a question, and is blown up by a saibaman.
- The AWA special:
Hey. Vegeta. Check out that cosplayer over there. They're hot! Vegeta:
Goddamnit Nappa, stop breaking the fourth... whoa, wow, she is
I'm talking about that guy over there! The L
Nappa, that's just a guy in a white sweatshirt. Nappa:
Yeah, like I said. L. Vegeta:
Are you telling me that counts as a cosplay? Nappa:
Does this mean we've offended everyone? Vegeta:
One second let me think... Dragonball the Movie
) Ah, high school.
- In the middle of the Conneticon 2011 announcement.
Announcer: ...wait a minute, this is missing something. Hey Nappa, say something funny.
Nappa: My parents died in a tragic space accident when I was only a child. That's why I can never grow up.
Announcer: Ha ha, oh Nappa.
- Nappa and the other bald characters' parody of Lady Gaga's Born This Way.
- After the music stops, some of the reactions are priceless:
Tien, what are you doing?! That was your line! Tien:
Yeah, I'm not doing it. Nappa:
I thought we talked about this. Tien:
talked. I said no. Nappa:
Look. It took a long time to put this together. Piccolo's in the outfit! Piccolo:
(covered in plush Yoshis
) I'm in the outfit. Tien: That's because you have no friends. Piccolo:
(stops smiling and sobs offscreen
) Nappa: What the f***, Tien? Krillin:
Oh, geez! Tien:
I am. NOT. DOING. YOUR STUPID. SONG. PARODY. Nappa:
F*** you, that's why.
- Dragon Ball Kai Abridged, the entirety of season 1 condensed into two minutes and ten seconds of nonstop hilarity.
I have a kid. Gohan:
I'm socially awkward. Krillin:
He's adorable! [Blasted through a wall by Raditz. The Krillin Owned Count
rapidly rises before exploding.]
- Kai Abridged 2 ramps it up even more, covering the Namek arc.
- Porunga dies right before Vegeta can get his immortality.
Vegeta:...wait am I immortal?
Freeza: I don't know! Let's see...
- Goku and Vegeta when grabbed by Freeza:
- Another reference to the infamous Big Green dub.
Goku: Hey, let that Vegeta alone!
- When Goku starts charging the Spirit Bomb:
Stop it. Goku:
No. Freeza: Stop it. Goku:
NNNO. Freeza: STOP. IT. Goku: (blows raspberry) Freeza:
That's it, stoppin' it myself. (Goku throws the Spirit Bomb)
What the- Unreal Tournament Announcer: DOMINATING! Freeza:
- After the spirit bomb.
Gohan: We did it dad!
Goku: And we didn't even lose Krill... **Krillin explodes** aw swiddlesticks.
- Piccolo gets shot by Freeza ("Agh, right in the tit!"), leaving Gohan to say Piccolo's line instead.
Gohan:Piccolo... Why... didn't... you... DOOOOODGE?!
- The running gag of referring to the Dragonballs as "things". Which may or may not be a reference to Krillin's off-hand comment about Freeza's metaphor about Old Space Yeller.
Krillin: How is that a thing?!
: How!? (Freeza's dismembered body lands on the ground) Goku
: ...Soooo, which way's your ship? (Freeza's severed left arm lands next to him, pointing) Freeza
- The ending in which Goku uses the Muffin Button so much, he turns Namek into a giant muffin.
Goku: (Giggles) Yay!.
- Dodoria's death scene.
Vegeta: 'Sup, Chubs McKenzey, any last words before I kill you?
Dodoria: I have a THICK. MEATY. VAGINA. (She's blasted by Vegeta, who begins to gag)
- Cui's appearence.
Vegeta: I'm on Namek now!
Cui: Hi, Vegeta.
Vegeta: Hi, Cui. (blasts him) Bye, Cui.
- Dende getting a Borderlands-style intro screen which says "Little Green: White Mage", and then saying "My parents are dead!"
- Goku turning Super Sayian:
- The Reveal that Nappa had watched the whole thing.
Nappa: Aaaaaaand unsubscribed.
- Zarbon says only two things - rather effeminate "mmm" sounds, and this:
- After Freeza lost his chance at immortality thanks to Dende.
Freeza: You **Bark**ed me. You **Chicken sound**ed me you monkey **Monkey sound**ck!
- Their summary of King Kai's part in the Namek Saga:
Yamcha: Hey King Kai, can you teach us the—
King Kai: NO!
- When Dende brings back Piccolo on Earth:
' Welp, I'm confused. Gohan:
It looks like the dragon brought every person on Namek to Earth! Piccolo: ALL OF THEM?!
- Since there was a secret backwards message in the special, some kind soul decided to post a reversed version of the entire episode. Besides being able to hear the backwards message, you also get to see Freeza knit his body back together, Goku squeaking as he goes from Super Saiyan to regular Saiyan and then he starts screaming, and Vegeta's Evil Laugh, only it sounds like he's barking.
- In a meta-sense, consider that this episode is twice as long as the previous Kai while going at the same pace. That is how long the Namek arc takes.
- The Anime Evolution 2010 promo;
Guru: Nail... Naaaaaail!
Nail: What is it, Lord Guru?
Guru: Do you know what I love about Canada?
Nail: ...Sir, there's nothing to love about Canada.
Nail: No, seriously, it's the only place more boring than here-
Guru: Nail! None of that.
Nail: (Sighs) What is that you love about Canada, sir?
Guru: I love... their moose!
Nail: (Makes a surprised yelp)
- Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you: "Captain Ginyu Style!"
- The video advertising upcoming episodes and new T-Shirts is hilarious with Nappa and Vegeta arguing over doing the commercial (Nappa wants him to do it, Vegeta doesn't). But, the real icing on the cake of hilarity is Vegeta VS Alucard at the end.
- Takahata101 attending a Dragon Ball Kai panel at Sakura-Con:
Takahata: Dragon Ball Kai
is Dragon Ball Z
essentially, right? Chris Sabat:
You could say that. Takahata:
It's shortened, correct? Chris Sabat:
It's redubbed, right? Chris Sabat:
In a way, yes. Takahata:
It's partially rewritten, correct? Chris Sabat:
It is completely rewritten, yes. Takahata (Nappa voice):
Way to be 4 years late to that party!
- The alternate takes of Krillin's death at the hands of Freeza.
YOLO! (boom) Krillin: Someone set me up the bomb!
I've heard of an explosive temper, but this is ridiculou-(boom) Krillin:
Hey, guys! Look! It's my Chiaotzu impression! Goodbye, Tie-(boom)
- The alternate take from episode 30's ending.
Finally, we're rid of all those dang yo- Bulma:
DAD!!! Dr Briefs:
I was gonna say Namekians... Bulma:
**Beat** ...No you weren't. Dr Briefs:
No I wasn't. **He was about to say Yoshi.**
- The alternate take of Goku escaping Namek. He presses the muffin button, but gets a cookie instead. The result is a Big "NO!" as the planet explodes.
- The alternate take of Yamcha's suicide. The rope he hung himself with? It was Puar using his shape-shifting.
- A deleted scene from episode 43, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea tries to save the day with their military. Keyword being tries. Their missiles launched and... proceeded to all malfunction at the same time and fall back down, causing the PRK army to run in the name of the glorious People's Republic.
- Cue jokes from from the fandom that North Korea's weapons are so out of date that this is exactly what would happen in real life.
- The deleted scene from Episode 44 had Yamcha take the Idiot Ball in full by saying that, yes, Goku and Gohan both would go fight the evil, killer androids in the presence of resident Mama Bear Chi-Chi. Oolong tries to get him to stop.
Oolong: Yamcha, as the man-pig that's known you longer than everyone else in this room... shut up!!
- There's also Gohan's reply to Chi-Chi telling him that they're not going to fight the androids, but instead go back to living their nice and peaceful life while Gohan becomes a doctor/lawyer/scientist.
- Celloween: Krillin using the false ultimate attack, SOLAR FLARE.
Kid: We on a plane mama.
Krillin: *Smiling, then realizes, thinking* Wait, that's not my ultimate attack, I thought the Kienz...AH GODDAMMIT EVERY TIME.
- And the ending, it turns out to be a dream, and guess who is at Kame HouseNote .
Krillin: Oh man, I had the craziest dream! Cell was there!
Piccolo: Well the androids are here! *points towards 16, 17, and 18*
*Krillin lets out a terrified scream*
- Made funnier in Episode 45 where it turns out the dream is influenced by the news that Piccolo was watching while the others were sleeping. Krillin even murmurs some of his dialogue from the short in his sleep.
- I AM THE HYPE And So Can You! is full of them despite being a shirt commercial. But what else could you expect from a commercial starring Vegeta and Alucard?
Vegeta: Also, where the hell's the producer?
Alucard: Oh, he says he's got a "Full Day".
Nappa: Welp, this coke won't snort itself! (Snorting noises)
- Vegeta's worry over the line "When you wish upon a star" being owned by Disney and Alucard's response.
Eren: Alright guys I'm here! And I'm ready to record for shirts!
Vegeta: Oh... Shit.
Alucard: (Panicking) Get out of here! YOU DON'T EXIST!
- In the background a picture can be seen that reads "WEN BROLI"