Funny: Dragon Ball Z Abridged
aka: Dragon Ball Abridged
Funny moments from DBZ Abridged. WARNING: You might be here a while. Moments from Two Saiyans Play can be found here.
open/close all folders
DBZ Abridged - Episodes - Other
- This is the best song ever.
- Nappa's year-long Are We There Yet?, which at first seems to come to a rather anticlimactic end ("Yay!") only to be brought back in a wonderfully unexpected way: "Is he here yet?"
- They turned Recoome into The Rock.
- And then there's this:
Gohan: I swear, I don't even know what's going on anymore.
- Guru has two words for everyone.
Guru: Drop it!
- Kaiser Neko's ENTIRE angry snippets in the Movie Breakdown: Cooler 2, pointing out absolutely every logical fallacy in the movie. Oh it was glorious.
Kaiser Neko: F*ck this movie.
- In their trailer for Dragonball Z Battle Of Gods, they pose the question of whether or not they will abridge it. No. No they won't. After citing the many characters that the abridged series hasn't gotten anywhere near (the entire Buu saga), they add that Toei would probably kill them.
- However, maybe they can do the Hatchiyack special.
- In the episode breakdown for Episode 45, Kaiser accidentally gives Mr. Popo Blank White Eyes and starts screaming at the sheer creepiness of it.
- According to the History of Trunks Breakdown, the team was that close to actually having Gohan accept Bulma's proposition. And they recorded the lines anyway. Seems Saiyans have similar sex habits.
Future Bulma: Right there, yes, yes, YES—
Future Gohan: *grunting* MASENKO... HAA!!!
*laser beam pierces the roof*
Kaiser Neko: (has seen the corpse of Yamcha hanging on the ceiling) Oh... Oh, right... b-because in this timeline... huh...
- Also from the History of Trunks Breakdown, Kaiser Neko wonders why he decided to edit out Yamcha out of both his scenes. And at the moment where he remembers why he did such edits:
- Again from the History of Trunks Breakdown, Kaiser Neko's, uh, increasingly hysterical reactions to the length of the breakdown.
DBZ Abridged - Specials
- Subscriber Special: After hearing there were at least 9k subscribers, the usual question was asked, however, this happens..
Nappa: You meanVegeta: It's....Nappa: It's(getting excited)Vegeta: It's over...Nappa: It's over?(really excited)Vegeta: It's over 8000Nappa: What 8..(gets confused), wait what? You didn't do it right.
- The Halloween Special:
Professor: Well, what's your costume?
Popo: Oh, I'm not in costume. Yet. Hold on. [cut to clip of the Cloverfield monster, with Popo's maniacal laughter]
- Four Words: Banana on a
Krillin : Oh, gah... Why can't I?... Just one hit... I ki... I killed Saibamen... He didn't see me coming! He can't sense energy! WHY WAS HE ABLE TO DODGE THAT?! It's not fair! I ca... I can't be this useless! It's not fair! Why are there so many ostriches? The brochure said there'd only be a few of them!
- Heck, the entire FAQ is one big CMOF.
- The obnoxious salaryman... er, fan. That is all.
Obnoxious Fan: Can I be Cutter?
Vegeta: No! Wait... who the hell is Cutter?
Obnoxious Fan: You guys suck! I'm going to go complain on my LiveJournal page.
Vegeta: Yes, I'm sure your mother reads it religiously.
Obnoxious Fan: Can I be Oozaru?
Vegeta: I DON'T KNOW! LET'S ASK HIM!
Oozaru: ROAR! (Fires blast of energy from his mouth at the Obnoxious Fan.)
Obnoxious Fan: Owww!
- Nappa answering the question of who writes and edits the show.
Nappa: Well, it's edited by the Tiger Kitty!
Vegeta: Kaiser Neko, Nappa!
Nappa: Kaiser Cat!
Nappa: Meow! (pair of cat ears pops up on his head)
- Krillin may be motivated with the spirit bomb on the outside, but on the inside...
- Which is a shoutout to a family guy bit about "Don Knotts in Too Many Ostriches" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr8r09c8ogg
- There's also the second FAQ special. Yamcha tries to answer a question, and is blown up by a saibaman.
- Chiaotzu is totally snarky to any fans who want to help.
Chiaotzu: (reads question) "Can I be a part of Team Four Star?" Oh yeah, sure!...when you grow some friggin' talent.
Tien: CHIAOTZU! That was totally uncalled-for. Now they'll just waste their lives in a futile struggle to measure up to their peers until they're nothing more than a crumpled heap of countless failures of broken dreams. Right, Yamcha?
Yamcha: I can't feel my arms...
- King Kai taking a shot at Kaiser Neko's reliance on Adobe in producing the series.
King Kai: If he could be any more of a whore for Adobe, they would've branded their logo on his ass.
- Bubbles answers the question on when the next episode will be in his usual monkey-speak. King Kai expresses his amazement that TFS has plans through the Cell Saga.
King Kai: And remember: There's no such thing as stupid questions, unless a stupid person is asking it.
Chiaotzu: Like you!
- Chiaotzu is totally snarky to any fans who want to help.
- The AWA special:
Nappa: Hey. Vegeta. Check out that cosplayer over there. They're hot!
Vegeta: Goddamnit Nappa, stop breaking the fourth... whoa, wow, she is hot.
Nappa: I'm talking about that guy over there! The L cosplayer!
Vegeta: Nappa, that's just a guy in a white sweatshirt.
Nappa: Yeah, like I said. L.
Vegeta: Are you telling me that counts as a cosplay?
Vegeta: F***ing cop-out.
- In the middle of the Conneticon 2011 announcement.
Announcer: ...wait a minute, this is missing something. Hey Nappa, say something funny.
Nappa: My parents died in a tragic space accident when I was only a child. That's why I can never grow up.
Announcer: Ha ha, oh Nappa.
- Nappa and the other bald characters' parody of Lady Gaga's Born This Way.
- After the music stops, some of the reactions are priceless:
Nappa: Tien, what are you doing?! That was your line!
Tien: Yeah, I'm not doing it.
Nappa: I thought we talked about this.
Tien: Yeah. You talked. I said no.
Nappa: Look. It took a long time to put this together. Piccolo's in the outfit!
Piccolo: (covered in plush Yoshis) I'm in the outfit.
Tien: That's because you have no friends.
Piccolo: (stops smiling and sobs offscreen)
Nappa: What the f***, Tien?
Krillin: Oh, geez!
Tien: I am. NOT. DOING. YOUR STUPID. SONG. PARODY.
Tien: F*** you, that's why.
- After the music stops, some of the reactions are priceless:
- Dragon Ball Kai Abridged, the entirety of season 1 condensed into two minutes and ten seconds of nonstop hilarity.
Goku: I have a kid.
Gohan: I'm socially awkward.
Krillin: He's adorable! [Blasted through a wall by Raditz. The Krillin Owned Count rapidly rises before exploding.]
King Kai: I'm King Kai. You now know the Kaio-ken and the Spirit Bomb. F**k off. Shut up, Bojack.
Krillin: Yamcha's here! [Explosion] Yamcha's dead!
Vegeta: Hey Nappa. Let's go to Earth.
- The part where Nappa sums up his total reason for being;
Vegeta: Nappa! Get 'em!
Nappa: I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say.
Krillin: Tien! Get 'em!
Tien: I am the only serious character in the show. That's the joke.
- Case in point.
Goku:: Goku's here!
Krillin: Goku's here!
Vegeta: It's over nine thousaaaaaa-
Nappa: Aaaaaaaaaa- [Vegeta and Nappa continue to scream over each other until Vegeta blasts Nappa with an energy beam.]
Nappa: Vegeta why?! (as he is dying)
Vegeta: Because I'm a monkey! (transforms into the giant ape Ozaru).
Vegeta: Oh no, I'm not a monkey! Oh no, the kid's a monkey! Destructo Disk!
Krillin: The f*ck?!//
- The Reveal that Yami Yugi had watched the whole thing.
Yami Yugi: This has how many subscribers?
- Hi, maggots. I'm training you. I'm terrifying and a potential rapist, but I'll never say it flat out. [beat] BAH!
- Kai Abridged 2 ramps it up even more, covering the Namek arc.
Dende: Joke's on you.
- Freeza reads the disclaimer.
Freeza: This is a parody. Buy the fucking show!
- Freeza's introduction:
Freeza: Hello, I'm Space Napolehitler. Give me the thing.
Freeza: Give me the thing!
Freeza: Kill his kid! (Kid dies) Give me the thing.
Freeza: Kill him!
Mouri: But the thing! (Neck Snap)
- Instead of Freeza or Dodoria in the shower, the Solar Flare gag instead has Lanipator dressed as◊ Dr. Frank-N-Furter at TFS' first 18+ panel at Youmacon◊.
- Vegeta's infamous scream is so powerful this time that it crashes the Adobe Flash plugin. And then he smashes through it.
- Prior to this, Vegeta's continuous maniacal laughter as he breaks out of Freeza's ship, steals Freeza's Dragon Balls as he leaves, kills Zarbon, and takes the Dragon Ball the good guys had.
- Second place goes to Krillin, which manages to keep his scream going for the entire time Vegeta is at their cave.
Krillin: AAAAAHHHHHHH-No seriously though. Where's Gohan?
- Vegeta: Hey guys, you remind of some assholes I'm about to kill!
- Goku's arrival takes out the Ginyu Force in a massive explosion. Unfortunately, his ship crashing on top of them also took him out of commission - what're the odds?
Vegeta: Put him in... (turns head) THE POD.
(cue zoom in as a dramatic musical sting plays before the scene abruptly cuts to Goku inside of the pod)
Goku: (thinking) I wonder if this'll become a trend.
- When Porunga is summoned:
- Vegeta threatens to kill Dende's parents if he's not made immortal.
Freeza: I'm sorry, what was that?Vegeta: *wheezed* I'm a Super Saiya*CRACK* *WUNCH*Freeza: Couldn't quite make that out?Vegeta: I'MMA SUPER SAI—*More beatings, Goku arrives*Goku: Leave that Vegeta alone!Freeza: What the hell is this?Vegeta: he's a super saiya— *Death Beam*
- Porunga dies right before Vegeta can get his immortality.
Vegeta:...wait am I immortal?
Freeza: I don't know! Let's see...
- Goku and Vegeta when grabbed by Freeza:
Goku and Vegeta: No, Freeza-dono, yamete!
- Itself being a reference to Attack on Titan Abridged.
- And what follows...
Krillin: How is that a thing?!
- Another reference to the infamous Big Green dub.
Goku: Hey, let that Vegeta alone!
- When Goku starts charging the Spirit Bomb:
- After the spirit bomb.
Gohan: We did it dad!
Goku: And we didn't even lose Krill... **Krillin explodes** aw swiddlesticks.
- Piccolo gets shot by Freeza ("Agh, right in the tit!"), leaving Gohan to say Piccolo's line instead.
Gohan: Piccolo... Why... didn't... you... DOOOOODGE?!
- In the Episode Breakdown, Kaiser Neko refers to the line as "the biggest missed opportunity in the entire series".
- The running gag of referring to the Dragonballs as "things". Which may or may not be a reference to Krillin's off-hand comment about Freeza's metaphor about Old Space Yeller.
- The entire exchange between Freeza and Super Saiyan Goku. Goku punches him exactly once, Freeza calls him a prick and proceeds to destroy the core of the planet.
Goku: Uh oh, Spaghetti-[BOOM]
- The Overly Long Gag with Guru's name - he instead wishes to be called "Super Mega Ultra Alpha Omega Hyper-" getting drowned out by Nail saying he'll be at it for a while. He finishes off with "Bigger, Longer, and Uncut Guru".
- It starts at 1:47 to Gohan's arrival at 2:35.
- And Guru's Famous Last Words:
- Freeza's wish for immortality being thwarted.
Freeza: Make me immortal!
Porunga: <OR MAYBE YOU LEARN TO SPEAK GODDAMN NAMEKIAN>.
- Freeza using the "Kien-structo Disk" to hit Goku... only to cut himself apart immediately after throwing it.
(Freeza's dismembered body lands on the ground)
Goku: ...Soooo, which way's your ship?
(Freeza's severed left arm lands next to him, pointing)
Freeza: (weakly) That... way.
Yamcha: Hey King Kai, can you teach us the—
- The ending in which Goku uses the Muffin Button so much, he turns Namek into a giant muffin.
Goku: (Giggles) Yay!.
- Dodoria's death scene.
Vegeta: 'Sup, Chubs McKenzey, any last words before I kill you?
Dodoria: I have a THICK. MEATY. VAGINA. (She's blasted by Vegeta, who begins to gag)
- Cui's appearence.
Vegeta: I'm on Namek now!
Cui: Hi, Vegeta.
Vegeta: Hi, Cui. (blasts him) Bye, Cui.
- Dende getting a Borderlands-style intro screen which says "Little Green: White Mage", and then saying "My parents are dead!"
- Goku turning Super Sayian:
- The Reveal that Nappa had watched the whole thing.
Nappa: Aaaaaaand unsubscribed.
- Zarbon says only two things - rather effeminate "mmm" sounds, and this:
- After Freeza lost his chance at immortality thanks to Dende.
Freeza: You **Bark**ed me. You **Chicken sound**ed me you monkey **Monkey sound**ck!
- Their summary of King Kai's part in the Namek Saga:
King Kai: NO!
- Freeza reads the disclaimer.
- When Dende brings back Piccolo on Earth:
Piccolo:' Welp, I'm confused.
Gohan: It looks like the dragon brought every person on Namek to Earth!
Piccolo: ALL OF THEM?!
- Since there was a secret backwards message in the special, some kind soul decided to post a reversed version of the entire episode. Besides being able to hear the backwards message, you also get to see Freeza knit his body back together, Goku squeaking as he goes from Super Saiyan to regular Saiyan and then he starts screaming, and Vegeta's Evil Laugh, only it sounds like he's barking.
- In a meta-sense, consider that this episode is twice as long as the previous Kai while going at the same pace. That is how long the Namek arc takes.
- The Anime Evolution 2010 promo;
Guru: Nail... Naaaaaail!
Nail: What is it, Lord Guru?
Guru: Do you know what I love about Canada?
Nail: ...Sir, there's nothing to love about Canada.
Nail: No, seriously, it's the only place more boring than here-
Guru: Nail! None of that.
Nail: (Sighs) What is that you love about Canada, sir?
Guru: I love... their moose!
Nail: (Makes a surprised yelp)
- Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you: "Captain Ginyu Style!"
- The video advertising upcoming episodes and new T-Shirts is hilarious with Nappa and Vegeta arguing over doing the commercial (Nappa wants him to do it, Vegeta doesn't). But, the real icing on the cake of hilarity is Vegeta VS Alucard at the end.
- Takahata101 attending a Dragon Ball Kai panel at Sakura-Con:
Takahata: Dragon Ball Kai is Dragon Ball Z essentially, right?
Chris Sabat: You could say that.
Takahata: It's shortened, correct?
Chris Sabat: Right.
Takahata: It's redubbed, right?
Chris Sabat: In a way, yes.
Takahata: It's partially rewritten, correct?
Chris Sabat: It is completely rewritten, yes.
Takahata (Nappa voice): Way to be 4 years late to that party!
- The alternate takes of Krillin's death at the hands of Freeza.
Krillin: YOLO! (boom)
Krillin: Someone set me up the bomb! (boom)
Krillin: I've heard of an explosive temper, but this is ridiculou-(boom)
Krillin: Hey, guys! Look! It's my Chiaotzu impression! Goodbye, Tie-(boom)
- The alternate take from episode 30's ending.
Dr Briefs: Finally, we're rid of all those dang yo-
Dr Briefs: I was gonna say Namekians...
Bulma: **Beat** ...No you weren't.
Dr Briefs: No I wasn't. **He was about to say Yoshi.**
- The alternate take of Goku escaping Namek. He presses the muffin button, but gets a cookie instead. The result is a Big "NO!" as the planet explodes.
- The alternate take of Yamcha's suicide. The rope he hung himself with? It was Puar using his shape-shifting.
- A deleted scene from episode 43, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea tries to save the day with their military. Keyword being tries. Their missiles launched and... proceeded to all malfunction at the same time and fall back down, causing the PRK army to run in the name of the glorious People's Republic.
- Cue jokes from from the fandom that North Korea's weapons are so out of date that this is exactly what would happen in real life.
- The deleted scene from Episode 44 had Yamcha take the Idiot Ball in full by saying that, yes, Goku and Gohan both would go fight the evil, killer androids in the presence of resident Mama Bear Chi-Chi. Oolong tries to get him to stop.
Oolong: Yamcha, as the man-pig that's known you longer than everyone else in this room... shut up!!
Gohan: Yeah... That's great, Mom. But you know if you tell that to Dad, it's just gonna go in one ear and get bored and die.
- There's also Gohan's reply to Chi-Chi telling him that they're not going to fight the androids, but instead go back to living their nice and peaceful life while Gohan becomes a doctor/lawyer/scientist.
- Celloween: Krillin using the false ultimate attack, SOLAR FLARE.
Kid: We on a plane mama.Krillin: *Smiling, then realizes, thinking* Wait, that's not my ultimate attack, I thought the Kienz...AH GODDAMMIT EVERY TIME.
Krillin: Oh man, I had the craziest dream! Cell was there!Piccolo: Well the androids are here! *points towards 16, 17, and 18*17: Yo.*Krillin lets out a terrified scream*
- And the ending, it turns out to be a dream, and guess who is at Kame HouseNote .
- Made funnier in Episode 45 where it turns out the dream is influenced by the news that Piccolo was watching while the others were sleeping. Krillin even murmurs some of his dialogue from the short in his sleep.
- I AM THE HYPE And So Can You! is full of them despite being a shirt commercial. But what else could you expect from a commercial starring Vegeta and Alucard?
Vegeta: Also, where the hell's the producer?Alucard: Oh, he says he's got a "Full Day".(Cuts to an office door labeled "NAPA" with a hastily scribbled note that says "DO NOT DZTRB")Nappa: Welp, this coke won't snort itself! (Snorting noises)
Alucard: Nope! Totes public domain! Trust me, even I don't have the patience for Disney lawyers.
- Vegeta's worry over the line "When you wish upon a star" being owned by Disney and Alucard's response.
Eren: Alright guys I'm here! And I'm ready to record for shirts!Vegeta: Oh... Shit.Alucard: (Panicking) Get out of here! YOU DON'T EXIST!Eren: Wha-Alucard: YOU DON'T EXIS- (static followed by a broadcast error screen that says "VIDEO PULLED BY JAPANESE COPYRIGHT OWNERS".)
- When Vegeta questions Alucard's reasons for even being there despite not having one shirt advertised Alucard remarks that maybe if they were they wouldn't be a bunch of self-indulgent bullshit.
- And then a certain someone comes into the recording booth.
- In the background a picture can be seen that reads "WEN BROLI"
- The Stinger: Armin joins Nappa in the coke-snorting.