open/close all folders
The Pinkie Conundrum
- Most of this story, to be honest.
- The Doctor loudly proclaiming that he and Twilight are Just Friends.
- The Doctor being baffled at the existence of a Foam Finger.
- The Doctor learning that Pinkie's stomach is, in fact, bigger on the inside.
- Pinkie breaks out in song, specifically to the tune of "If I Only Had a Brain". The Doctor is of course, confused.
- Pinkie reacting the same way Amy did when she learns the TARDIS is alive.
- Pinkie finds The Doctor's old outfits. Even he can't defend the Sixth Doctor's coat.
Game of Stones
- Applebloom commenting that she knows about "Back-Shelf Cider".
- After The Doctor fixes Rarity's clock he finds out he put a Little Red Button on it. He doesn't know what it does, but is smart enough to know he shouldn't push it.
- The Costume Test Montage that Rarity puts The Doctor through is full of these.
- Rarity's commentary on the Sonic Screwdriver.
Rarity: "What's a screw...? And why would you drive it?"
- The implication that the Apples have Prench ancestors.
- The girls finding out that the No Nudity Taboo no longer applies in Roan. They're understandably embarassed.
- Rainbow shouts at the rain, until she realizes that this was before Pegasi learned how to manipulate weather.
- Twilight's lack of subtlety about her Female Gaze at Leonard.
- The Doctor and Rainbow disguise themselves as high society types to investigate Graphis. They treat it with about as much dignity as you would think.
- Leonard's landlady is surprised at Twilight's prescence in Leonard's workshop. She had assumed he was a Colt Cuddler.
- The Doctor tries to explain what a telephone is to Twilight and Leonard, until he realizes they're both smart enough to build one.
- The Doctor tries to figure out why ponies are being Taken for Granite scientifically, only for Leonard and Twilight to default to it being a mythical animal.
- The Doctor requests that Oreo name his daughter Milk Ann. He doesn't get it.
- Turns into a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming when we learn that he did.
- Marr doesn't know what money is.
- The Doctor literally patches Marr up with concrete.
- The revelation that Leonard is a blank flank. Take that, Diamond Tiara.
- A statue of Graphis is now forever in the shadow of a statue of Leonard. Quickly crosses into Fridge Horror, though.
Along Came A Spider
- The Cold Opening reminds us that The Doctor's still a Chick Magnet, whether he wants to be or not.
- Twilight tells Fluttershy about a trip that she and Pinkie took with The Doctor to a place called Party City. Pinkie was crowned queen and announced that anyone who was starving should eat cake. The Doctor promptly panicked and dragged her away. Twilight didn't get it.
- Zecora asks to speak with Fluttershy in private. She knows Applebloom's listening by the door.
- The Doctor is against the idea of traveling to Zebrica. Twilight tells Fluttershy to hit him. Before The Doctor can respond Fluttershy uses the Puppy-Dog Eyes. He caves after 90 seconds.
- The Doctor lands in a Sultan's bathhouse by accident. Strangely, the Sultan's daughter didn't mind.
- Hey, still a Chick Magnet, right?
- The Doctor continuing to show his lack of respect for authority to both Zulu and the Prophet.
- This lovely little Noodle Incident.
- After The Doctor finally gets the 'Somepony' thing right, Fluttershy points out that in Zebrica it would be 'Somezebra'.
- Twilight is Brought Down to Normal via seals called Gelding Marks. The Doctor then brings up the other definition of 'Gelding' much to the shock of the girls.
- The Doctor gives Zilaka a Rousing Speech, only to reveal that they're tied up by the ceiling.
- Twilight has been captured by Anasi, who then reveals that she's also captured Fluttershy. This leads to the following exchange.
Fluttershy: I came to help.Twilight: Yeah, how's that going?Fluttershy: Not as well as I had hoped.
- Applebloom seems to have gone to the Patrick Troughton school of monster-fighting.
Applebloom: Let's fling a big rock at it.
- Before Twilight leaves to return to the present, she tells Filly!Zecora that if a bunch of mares break into her hut someday, she should forgive them for their stupidity, a la Marty McFly.
A Hearth's Warming Tale
- The new CMC trying to sneak around while reciting part of Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- They do get caught, leading to Cream's glorious Suspiciously Specific Denial about how they weren't going to peek at their presents.
- Luna ad libbing "Before the reign of Celestia... and myself" to the traditional Hearth's Warming Tale.
- Daring asks Luna to tell them a story about Nightmare Moon, before she remembers who she's talking to.
- The CMC keep interupting Luna's story to ask clarifying questions.
- After being afflicted by humbugs Mayor Mare closes her office for "Administrative Tanning".
- The Doctor's running gag of forgetting Scootaloo's name.
- She tries to do this to him deliberately. Unfortunately his name isn't really "Clockwork".
- Spike mentions that The Doctor deliberately avoided meeting Twilight's mother. He didn't want to have a repeat of Jackie Tyler.
- The Doctor's psychic paper lists Gallifrey as Gallopfrey.
- Gus's private insect collection has a series of scientific names in very fake Latin.
- Cream's idea of what a plot device is.
- The Doctor makes a device to detect merriment out of his Timey-Wimey Detector.