- "Like with pie."
- Dr Horrible managing to give a credible look of bemusement at Captain Hammer's "gently wafting curtains" line - whilst being strangled, along with an appropriate sound that would have come out as a Flat "What.".
- Dr Horrible bemoaning the fact that Operation Heist didn't go as planned at the end of "A Man's Gotta Do": BALLS! Smash to Black.
- "Did you notice that he threw you in the garbage?"
- "What heist were you watching?"
- "The Evil League of Evil is watching so beware/The grade that you receive will be the last we swear!/So make the Bad Horse gleeful, or he'll make you his mare/You're saddled up/There's no recourse/ Hi-ho Silver!/Signed, Bad Horse."
- How can you mention Dr. Horrible here without this?
Captain Hammer: She's giving it up. She's giving it up hard. Because she's with Captain Hammer. And these... (holds up his fists) ...are not the hammer.(He leaves the frame for a moment while Billy stares after him.)Captain Hammer: (returns to the frame) The hammer is my penis.
- Watch Neil's facial expression during that scene: he's biting his lip, clearly trying to keep from laughing.
- Billy gets one just before this, when he learns Captain Hammer is going to stop by the laundromat:
Billy: (tries to look at his watch, but isn't wearing one) Oh goodness, look at my wrist, I gotta go.Penny: But what about your clothes?Billy: (turns back, glances in washer) I don't love these. See ya!
- Half the exchanges between Penny and Billy at the Laundromat:
Billy: I want to be an achiever. Like Bad Horse.Penny: The Thoroughbred of Sin?Billy: ...I meant Gandhi.
Penny: Billy?Billy: Yeah?Penny: You're driving a spork into your leg.Billy: So I am. Hilarious.
- For me, it has to be the part where Dr. Horrible pauses in the middle of his Moment Of Awesome Villain Song to correct a cowering reporter on the spelling of his name. After singing about how there will be anarchy... that he will rule.
- And a couple minutes later, Captain Hammer's Moment of Ham: " - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"
- Also deserving special mention: "Nation Mourns What's-Her-Name," a moment that manages to be funny in the middle of a colossal Downer Ending.
- And it has a built-in Tear Jerker too, so it doesn't even break the mood. Laughing through tears. Joss is evil.
- In the same sequence in the ending, Captain Hammer in tears while talking to a therapist.
- "I also need to be a little more careful about what I say on this blog. Apparently the LAPD and Captain Hammer are among our viewers."
- "...He threw a car at my head." In case there was any doubt that Billy is The Woobie, they made it funny.
- "Do you need anything dampened or...made soggy?"
- The entirety of the song 'Everyone's a Hero' by Hammer. Yes, the entire damn thing. It goes Serial Escalation Tom Lehrer-style - just when you think Captain Hammer can't be more of an asshole, he is!
"So I thank my girlfriend, Penny/Yeah, we totally had sex..."
"I hate the homeless...ness problem that plagues our city. Everyone deserves the basic....You know what? I don't need tiny cue-cards."
- And watch Penny's face while he's singing, she seems to be thinking What an Idiot, then What a Jerk Ass.
- Let's not forget Hammer's first exchange with Horrible:
Hammer: It's curtains for you, Dr. Horrible! Lacy, gently-wafting curtains.
- The look on Hammer's face during this exchange in "So They Say":
Captain Hammer: This is so nice/I just might sleep with the same girl twice/They say it's better the second time/They say you get to do the weird stuff...Hammer's Fanclub: We'd do the weird stuff!
- I found this part particularly funny because it implies that every girl he's ever slept with has dumped/been dumped by him before they could do it again.
- Also, pretty much all of the 'commentary'... may I add, the fact they wrote a musical (pseudo) commentary possibly counts as a Funny Moment... but especially the 'sea shanty' exchange.
NPH: Songs can hurt like a fist.
- The Tur-Mohel's application to the Evil League of Evil. The application requirements include a minion... so Tur-Mohel has a Minyan (a group of ten adult Jewish males). And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
- The revelation of Bad Horse. Admit it, how many of you expected he'd actually be a horse?
- "Oh, I'm in pain! I think this is what pain feels like! Oh, mama! Someone maternal!"
- At one point during the soup kitchen scene of "My Eyes", Dr. Horrible, wearing a fake moustache takes the place of a soup sever. Once you see it...
- Not to mention that he's a spectacularly bad soup server, mainly because he's too busy given Penny and Hammer a Death Glare to pay attention.
- Dude, isn't anybody going to point out how bizarre it is to see Nathan Fillion...singing?
- Felicia Day gets pranked by a group of people cosplaying as the singing Bad Horse chorus.