- After Aquatica is rocked by the helicopter crash on the surface, Preacher falls over and lands near a small bottle of cooking wine.
Preacher: I'm gonna take this as a sign. (drinks)
- Pretty much any word that comes out of Preacher's pet parrot's mouth:
Parrot: Feed me, asshole!
- When the Preacher is trapped in the oven with an angry shark banging into its door, a viewer could easily envision the oven turning on as a thing that might happen, but you'd be forgiven for thinking that the filmmakers wouldn't do something that outrageous. Lo and behold...
- Samuel L. Jackson getting sharked. If you've somehow managed to avoid hearing about this part before seeing the movie, the suddenness of it can be both shocking and absolutely hilarious.
- The beginning of the movie has a young doctor speaking fondly of one of her co-workers, "the smartest man who ever lived."
Franklin: He's pissing into the wind.