- The opening theme song is "I Can't Decide" by the Scissor Sisters.
- The parody music video "Not Gay (They Just Wrote Me In That Way)"
- The opening of episode 9 has Light gazing mournfully out the window while Ryuk is lounging in his bed. The abridger dubbed over Ryuk asking: "So... You want to talk about it?" Never be able to look at that scene the same way again.
- Rem convincing Light to help Misa out:
Light: Why would I do something stupid like that?
Light: We have to go help her.
- Light would really like some Brain Bleach:
Ryuk: But if you give up the notebook you'll forget all about me.
- L agrees to go on a date with Light in order to investigate Sayu.
- Higuchi is irritated when the other members of Yotsuba are less than helpful:
- When Light relinquishes his Kira memories he abruptly goes back in the closet and when he regains his memories...
- When Light is stabbing himself with a pin so he can kill Higuchi Hilarity Ensues:
Light: First I gotta get my stupid watch open. Aw, there we go...
L: What's that Light?
Light: Oh I'm just excited we caught Kira is all. Hey look, they're bringing him in right now... Ow!
L: Are you okay?
Light: Yeah I'm fin-OW! I'm okay OW! DAMMIT!
L: Light, do you need me to come over there?
- Light literally scares the crap out of Shinigami.
- After Light and L talk and L gives Light a foot rub...
Light: Well, we've been outside talking for awhile and we've decided to make it official. I LOVE L! AND HE LOVES ME! I'm going to dump Misa so I can be with L!
- When L is Killed Mid-Sentence:
L: Light is Kira and Misa is the Second—
The second? The Second what? ...Oh my God, she's the Second Coming
- Don't Stop Me Now... 
- Light's Freak Out! at L's grave:
Oh Ryuk, I haven't even begun
to scare you yet! (Evil Laugh)
- Light's Villainous Breakdown in the opening credits of Season 2, Episode 7:
- The cast singing Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Mr. Yagami has no son. He has two daughters.
- Mello's voice. Just... his voice... He would fit right into a Monty Python routine.
- When Mello and Near are introduced:
No Roger, I'm never going to work with him, ever!
The first thing he did when he was born was he flipped me off!
- When Mello's mafia minions kidnap an old grey-haired guy...
Mello: I asked you to bring me Sayu Yagami. A 17 year old girl. Does this look like a 17 year old girl to you?
Minion 1: No...
- When Mello kidnaps Sayu and tries to "speak Japanese":
- Misa refuses to acknowledge that Light is gay.
Light: Now I need a place to stay.
Misa: You want to move in with me? Yay!
Light: I... *Sighs* this is the worst day ever!
- Light doesn't get why the taskforce always wants to hang out at his apartment:
Light: I have a question-why is it that whenever we want to work on the Kira investigation we always meet at my apartment?
Mr. Yagami: Oh, you'll see in just a second, Light.
Light: I just don't understand what could be so important...
- The president has his people pick up Near by offering him candy and abducting him.
- When Mello kidnaps Sayu, Mr. Yagami begs Mello to take his gay son as well. Of course, Mr. Yagami knows Light is listening in...
Mr. Yagami: How about this? I'll give you the death note and you can take my other daughter for free!
Mello: No, no! I don't want that! I just want the death note!
Mr. Yagami: What if I paid you?
- You just had to say it, didn't you, Light?
Light: It's been five years and no sightings of L's ghost. I think I'm in the clear.
L: ~Still haunting you.~
- Sidoh doesn't want to leave the Shinigami realm because they locked him out the last time.
- The subversion of the Enemy Mine situation where Kira calls up Da Chief: "Hey Dad, it's Light..."
- Light's death note hiding place:
Light: As for Misa's Death Note, I'll keep it in the only place I know it will be safe—my pants!
Misa: Oh, it'll be safe there! Light doesn't even let me in his pants!
Ryuk: You're not missing anything.
- Da Chief is trying to be dramatic:
Light: (*sighs*) I know that dad.
- Damn Misa, nothing will shut her up!
Takada: I hope you're not mad but I think my bodyguard crippled your fake girlfriend today.
Light: Oh no, that's terrible! Is she paralyzed?
Takada: I don't know I'm not a doctor.
Light: Will she be able to talk?
Takada: At the rate she was blabbing I doubt that death itself would shut her up.
Light: Dammit! You should fire your bodyguards!
- When Light picks up the notebook and sees his future self running by:
Future!Light: Get rid of the notebook while you still can! I am your future!
- Ryuk's proposition:
Light: But I'm a boy!
- This musical number.
- From the Grand Finale: