- This video of a mod that turns the normally weak punches and kicks into Fist of the North Star! Even better, this was the basis for including Wolverine...John Morgan.
- Plowing through a whole bunch of Zombies while in a car can be this, especially the Infected ones, who like charging towards you.
- Sometimes, just sometimes, a Walker will goof up, and walk face-first into a wall. They just bounce off and correct their path, but good lord is it funny.
- This also sometimes happens with the Infected. It's even funnier because they run screaming into the wall.
- The screams Thugs make when they're electrocuted or set on fire. Its high-pitched, whacked-in-the-bollocks noises that really doesn't go with their large size, but that just makes it even more humorous, especially when they're shocked and they spazz around like nobody's business.
- The opening video of the drunk guy wandering around the resort is pretty funny, where he inadvertently meets all four of the original player characters:
- First, the drunk gets into an argument with Logan, who is equally drunk, resulting in the drunk guy basically shoving Logan across the room.
- Then, the drunk hops on the stage where Sam B is performing "Who Do You Voodoo, Bitch?" and steals Sam's bottle of beer. Sam B flips off the drunk, and the drunk tosses the bottle at Sam, causing Sam to knock the drunk offstage. For bonus points, Sam NEVER breaks a line in spite of all this.
- Then, when a couple of guests help him up, the drunk gropes Purna, getting himself knocked on his ass AGAIN for his trouble.
- The drunk is dragged back up by a security guard, who deftly surmises that he's had enough to drink that night, and offers to take him to his hotel room without any further trouble; only for the guard to be jumped by a zombie that starts eating him alive, while everyone else fails to even notice this and just keeps dancing... Either that, OR it was just a hallucination by the drunk guest, albeit with some epic Foreshadowing. Either way, he quickly stumbles out of the party as fast as he can.
- Finally, the drunk stumbles into the ladies restroom, where he desperately washes up after seeing/hallucinating the zombie killing the guard, and sees Xian trying to give first aid to a woman lying on the floor, seemingly overdosed on pills. The drunk grabs the pills (before getting shooed out by Xian) and then heads back to his room to down the pills with an alcohol chaser, before promptly blacking out onto his bed.
- This troper continues to go into hysterics whenever he uses the "Pick-And-Ohm" mod on pretty much any zombie in sight. It is basically an electrified pickaxe that, when getting a critical hit, knocks Walkers, Infected, and even Thugs at LEAST ten feet backward, opening them up for a jump-stomp. Definitely handy against Thugs.
- If you let a Ram gear up to charge you and then jump out of the way, the Ram will run right past you. It's more amusing to do this while standing in front of something, as the Ram will slam right into whatever was behind you.
- Okay, you're geared up to play the game after seeing that trailer. You play through the first two or three minutes at the hotel and end up in a shack a lifeguard is defending. You help him and it turns out to be Steve Blum, playing a big Samoan, who throws a knife at a zombie and cheerily says, "Thanks mate." Given the tone of the game otherwise, this is the best Mood-Swinger moment ever.
- One of Xian's one liners when killing the infected is basically "See You in Hell". Look at Banoi. Look at how bad it is. She's kind of late on that score.
- Critical hits can be this. Especially with Sam B's preference of the knockdown blunt weapons - it is just so unintentionally hilarious when you baseball bat a Thug or Floater so hard they not only fly off to who knows how far, but that hit also rips BOTH their legs off that just... Flop down there where they stood.
- The trailer for ''Dead Island 2'', not only is it Lighter and Softer but after the zombified jogger gets splattered by a melee weapon wielded by two survivors, one of them gets out and steals the shoes the zombie jogger was wearing.
- One for the novels: Purna and Sam B discuss The Warriors then when they ask Xian about it she brings up China disallowed Western culture, before proudly stating her father let her watch Sesame Street. Sam B's reaction is basically "you have got to be be shitting me."
- There's also a hilarious moment between Logan and Sam B. After meeting up in the empty hotel, Logan declares that he needs to go back for his anti-depressants, leading to the following exchange:
Logan: I need my pills.
Sam B: What do you need them for? You got a condition?
Logan: Yeah, I got a condition. It's called needing my fucking pills!
- Xian Mei's introduction in Escape Dead Island has Cliff try to help her from a plane crash. After showing she can take care of herself he insists on holding off the infected, so she stands back with a smirk, and soon after throws this back in his face when he's expected to find the keycards by himself.