A few Ork quotes, both from Winter Assault:
: "What yew gitz doin? FIGHT! Dey ain't dead 'till I
sez they dead..."
(Squiggoth escapes) "Oo dat rumblin'?"
Squiggoth:(eats Nob) OM NOM NOM!
(After Gorgutz crash lands)
Gorgutz: "I don't care if the flyer boyz dead. Find me another flyer boy so I can KILL HIM INSTEAD!!!"
Number Two: What about Sturnn boss? Can I kill him....Show you'ze I'z a good ork?
Gorgutz: No, Sturnnz mine! I want his head!
Number Two: What's so special about his head?
Gorgutz: Dat's where da skull iz stupid! An' I'd look foolish with 'is foot on me pointy stik!
Number Two: Stupid , stupid me. I knew da answer to dat!
Gorgutz: The Orks from Retribution are by far the funniest characters in the series since Gorgutz.
I got me da skullz of all da warbosses I killed. Sturnnz skull and dat Farseerz skull. So who I missin'? Oh yeah! Dat git Crull. I need 'iz skull fer me pointy stik! And you know how I'm gettin' him ta come after me? Number Two: ...Yer gonna call 'im a grot? Gorgutz:
We'll call dat "Plan: Stupid"! I named it after ya! No... The way ta get Crull crazy mad, iz to attack 'iz Titan! Den he'll come fer me- oi! Whyz you grinnin'?! Number Two:
Because you named a plan after me!
Bludflagg: "OI, YOUS LOT! YOU'Z PART OF MY KREW NOW! ANY PROBLEMS WITH DAT, YA TALK TA DA COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT. DATS MY GUN, BY DA WAY!" (When talking to rebellious Orks)
Mistah Nailbrain: "I'VE SET ME GITFINDA TO PANZEE. DERE OVER DERE!" (When tracking Eldar)
Spookums: "It's not like I can hide in da lava! Mork knows I ain't tryin' DAT trick again!"
- At the end of the Orks' first mission, Inquisitor Adrastia tries to hire Kaptin Bluddflag to kill Azariah Kyras. The deal goes rather well, up until the part where she refuses to give her hat as payment. It also becomes something of a Brick Joke because the next to last thing he does in the Ork campaign is mug her for that hat.
- When Bluddflagg's crew asks him why he didn't take Inquisitor Adrastia up on her offer, he responds with this:
"Dem Inquisition humies can't be trusted any farther dan dey can be thrown, which in dat one's case might be a bad example."*
- And after the inquisitor arrives, but before Kaptin Bluddflagg notices them, we have this little gem:
Bluddflagg: "You shoulda had more o' ya skinny boyz dis mornin' if you were goin' ta shoot down MY Krooza. Now look at ya! Why, I'm gonna... gonna..."
Nailbrain: "Umm... Kap'n?"
Bluddflagg: "Not now, Mr. Nailbrain. I'm still sassing dis stomped up Eldar."
- Oh and a comment by one of the nameless Orks in Retribution:
Ork: "I gawt Eldar blood all ovar me! So shiny!"
- But the best Ork in the whole game has got to be the Mad Mek.
"OI! Tresspassah's, invadaz! 'Ooligans and ne'erdowells!"
Kaptin Bludflagg: Dem Orkz got a Mek for a boss! Dat's just sad, dat is.
- After Bludflagg and co. find the first tellyporta.
Nailbrain: "Teleporta's up and runnin', boss!"
Bludflagg: "Is it, then? Tested it 'ave ya?"
Nailbrain: "Well Kap'n, we'z low on grots. I'm sure it's fine, dough. Mork says."
Bludflagg: "After you den, Mr. Nailbrain." (Nailbrain teleports) "...I 'ave no idea if dat means it works. Oh well. 'ere we go! WAAAGH!!!"
- Discovering "Daisy", a huge tank custom-built by other orks, Bludflagg and company fight it to claim it:
My only regret is ... explodin'! AAAAGH!
- And if you were playing as the Orks:
Nailbrain: "Oh, you poor poor fing. Look wot wez gone an' done to ya. Kap'n! Kapn'! Can we's keep 'er?"
Bludflagg: "Okay Nailbrain, but it's yer charge. Keep it fueled and armed and take it out fer rukks."
- Seeing the Orks treat a death-spewing machine as a pet...
- Bludflagg trying to do math after being told how long it will take for Mr. Nailbrain to get the Space Hulk up and running again.
Bluddflagg: "How long until wez can get dis fing up an' running outta dis naff sector?"
Nailbrain: "Errr... I'd say not more than a year, Kap'n."
Bluddflagg: "But dat means... Er, one, three, carry the- DOH! Dey'll be here before we can leave, an' blow up our nice new shiny Spacey Hulk while dere at it!"
- The Orks figuring out that Kyras went to Cyrene.
Bluddflagg: "'Ang on a squig... If dat Kyras git his anglin' ta zog da whole sector..."
Bluddflagg: "And Kyras is IN da sector..."
Bluddflagg: "And Kyras don't want ta get zogged..."
Bluddflagg: "And dose big humey ships won't dakka dat place they dakka'd before..."
Bluddflagg: "Then Kyras... would go... ta da place... dey wouldn't dakka... which is dat place!"
- In the Eldar campaign, Bluddflagg serves as the first boss. Even here, he's hilarious:
Ronahn: "We should find another path. It is needless folly to face an Ork this size."
Bluddflagg: "Flattery, is it? Won't help yas none."
Kayleth: "It is but a small nuisance. Kill him. Then we will find the human."
Bluddflagg: "Hoho! An Eldar calls me small! That'd 'urt if it weren't so funny!"
Kayleth: "Before I slay you, Ork, tell me: have you seen any humans since you infested this jungle?"
: "Why? Dere somefink in me teef
- Our Eldar protagonists have a moment here too. After the boss battle, Veldoran fries him. Bluddflagg keels over dead, and after a brief pause, Kayleth gives a very bitchy, sarky, dismissive "Hmmmm..." before turning to question Ronahn. As if the hulking, terrifying killing machine they just beat was a simple Mook, a speedbump between the Eldar and their goal.