- During his first meal on-board the U-96, Leutnant Werner got food sprayed on him twice when Number One and Navigator Kriechbaum passed by the table and knocked his hand over. Herr Ka-Leu and the Chief Engineer responded in kind with a smirk.
- Or when he's taking pics of the crewmen in the torpedo room before leaving the base and he's slapped in the face with a greasy towel.
- Thomsen's inebriated but thinly-veiled rant against the Nazi leaders, smartly steered against Winston Churchill just a second later. Thomsen crowns it all with his "I'm not in the condition to fuck" line while semi-comatose in the toilets.
- The old man yelling "Not yet!" in English at the Tommies, who must be "celebrating our sinking in the casino!".
- The 1WO goes looking for the medic when the chief spots crabs in his eyebrows. He opens the hatch to where the medic is working to find half the crew with their pants down being inspected for crabs.
- In the uncut version, Werner and Kriechbaum are sharing a moment on the conning tower when they are suddenly joined by Johann.
Werner: So, Johann, fresh air is good for you, right?Johann: [spits over the deck] No.[the chief mechanic then goes below again]Kriechbaum: [to Werner] They're strange, these engine room people.