- In "Fruit Picking Day," Prince Wednesday "royally commanding" apples to come off a tree, and then begging them to please come off when his royal commands have no effect.
- This tends to be a habit of Prince Wednesday, such as when he royally commands the rain to stop. Obviously, it doesn't work.
- In "Play Pretend," O the Owl rigidly insists that a box that Teacher Harriet is having them play pretend with is a box and nothing more. "That's a box, not a boat. ... I think I'll stay here and read my book about boxes. Just boxes. ... If you look at it like this, it still looks like it's a box." Until, finally, to everyone's delight, he pretends it's a race car.
- Daniel's "horsey" song is just "neigh" repeatedly.
- When the kids are playing restaurant and Margaret knocks it over, Daniel improvises by making it a "floor restaurant". Then, Margaret puts a cup on her head and he makes it a "floor restaurant where everything is on your head."
- In "Prince Wednesday Goes To The Potty", Miss Elaina builds the "smallest tower in the world" with one block. Daniel builds a medium tower and calls it the "mediumest tower in the world."
- A purely meta-example - at the TCA Awards (Television Critics Association), two producers of the show, Christopher Loggins and Sarah Wallendjack, came to accept the program's youth programming award and were seated at the same table as the producers of Netflix's hit show Making a Murderer, which won for best reality program.
Wallendjack: We usually donít get to sit at the big kids' table. The people from Making a Murderer are all so nice.