Funny: Countdown with Keith Olbermann
Being a commentary show, some things are just ripe for Snark Bait
- Keith's utter SCHOOLING of New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg handling of the OWS protest would have been strictly a Tearjerker or Crowning Moment of Awesome until he got to this line-
- Keith hamming it up in his reenactment of the "Don't Call Me Liz!" e-mails.
- April 15, 2009: Keith recaps the Teabagging Parties.
- Ben Affleck's parody of Keith on Saturday Night Live, for which Olbermann said in a year in review special in 2008 "[I] Hope you got another $7.5 million for that."
- 23-6's clipreel of catchphrases from Special Comments.
- Keith's hysterical sendup of Glenn Beck's rant about the evil Communist symbolism in Rockefeller Center.
- Keith's joy that the new UK government included a man called Ed Balls and he could therefore use the word as much as he liked without repercussions.
- Obama is a secret Muslim, with obligatory Keith ham.
- In response to Countdown making numerous references to Rush Limbaugh, Rush came on and challenged MSNBC to not mention him for 30 days. Olbermann responded with "F you!" and for a while had a bouncing "Limbaugh Logo" just above the MSNBC logo in the corner whenever a story focused on Rush Limbaugh.
- November 2010: During the election coverage, Chris Mathews commented that Congresswoman Michele Bachmann appeared "hypnotized" by the crowd behind her due to not directly answering any of his questions. In response, Olbermann quickly began expecting the involvement of The Hypnotoad.
- Keith Olbermann's mockery of Fox News host Glenn Beck is long, storied, and legendary. But this deconstruction of some of the most ridiculous Insane Troll Logic ever heard takes the prize.
- "But do go on - the psychiatrists in the audience are all saying 'This is fascinating. Let me grab a prescription pad."
- "Wait, there's weed over there?! I've been coming here for thirty years, and I never knew there was weed over there!"
- "So, it's Mussolini and it's Obama and it was carved into the side of this communist building that I work in thirty years before Obama was even born. Yeeeah."
- Keith's reaction to Sarah Palin's turkey pardon video (which happened while other turkeys were being slaughtered in the background).