- The Wimp Fight between Daniel and Mark is this and a Crowning Moment of Awesome, in-universe and for the film.
- For added hilarity they start brawling inside a restaurant...and stop politely to allow the waiters to bring out a birthday cake for another diner. And they both join in with the Happy Birthday too.
- Bridget giving a speech at the Book Launch and fighting the urge to call Mr. Fitzherbert, Mr. "Tits Pervert."
- The microphone isn't working and so she gets everyone's attention by just shouting out "oi! oi!" and once Mr Fitzherbert comes onstage, he turns the microphone on.
- Daniel and Bridget on the pond with Daniel making a dirty poem.
Daniel Cleaver: There once was a young woman from Ealing, / Who had a particular feeling. / She lay on her back, / And opened her crack, / And pissed all over the ceiling.
- Bridget's speech to Mark at his parent's Ruby Wedding is both this and a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
Bridget:You once said you liked me just as I am and I just wanted to say likewise. I mean there are stupid things your mum buys you, tonight's another... classic. You're haughty, and you always say the wrong thing in every situation and I seriously believe that you should rethink the length of your sideburns. But, you're a nice man and I like you. If you wanted to pop by some time that might be nice... more than nice.
- Shazzer, especially in the movies, is one walking Crowning Moment of Funny everytime she opens her mouth.
- Bridget making a fool of herself on the news.
Bridget's Narration: Great. Am national laughing stock. With bottom the size of Brazil.
- Bridget goes on a series of job interviews to get into television. She gives rather elaborate reasons why she wants to work there ("I love the children" for example). She's turned down at each one. For the last one she gives into Brutal Honesty and says "I had to leave my last job because I shagged my boss" - and is hired immediately. The interviewer then assures her she won't be fired if she shags the boss in this line of work.
- Bridget turning up to the Tarts and Vicars party only to discover it had been changed last minute - and she wasn't informed.
- Mrs Jones: Bridget, what on Earth are you wearing? You look like a common prostitute.Bridget: Well yes. That was meant to be the idea.
Una: Geoffrey didn't get in touch with you to tell you that the Tarts and Vicars theme was off.Penny: Oh yes he did.beat.Una: ...Lovely dress. Oriental?Penny storms off.
- And the obtuse Una puts her foot in it later. By introducing her to a lady wearing a rather low-cut blouse and saying Geoffrey didn't get in touch with her either...
- Meta Examples:
- Renee Zellweger worked undercover at a British publishing house for a month to prepare for the role. She apparently wasn't recognised. Also she kept a framed photo of then-fiancee Jim Carey on her desk. Her co-workers thought it was odd but none of them said anything out of fear of upsetting her.
- Hugh Grant apparently thought Zellweger's Fake Brit accent was so convincing, he mistook her for a Brit. He talks about hearing her speak "in this very strange voice" at the premiere, not knowing that was her real accent.