- In one of Bruce and Alfred's many bizarre conversations, Bruce gets this gem:
- Bruce: Ha, ha, ha! Sworn to secrecy. Ha, ha! Such a thing... Such an octopus of a thing. And I have only an inkling!
- It's a strangely adequate description of the experience of reading the comic, and the accompanying illustration◊ makes it even better.
- After Ra's al Ghul fends off an attempt on his life by a group of the Sensei's assassins, this exchange happens:
- Ra's al Ghul: I think that one's dead.Alfred: Most assuredly. As well the gentleman pinned to the Herodotus volume.
- Sleep-deprived Bruce Wayne taking a nap on the floor of the bat-cave in the middle of an intense conversation.
- Deadman: Doom is at the door and you're taking a nap!
- Batman, Jamroth Bok, and Primus are fighting Ubu, when a giant stingray flies out of the ocean and shoots a dart at him apparently out of its anus! The reactions from the characters are priceless:
- Ubu: AGK! The thing! The thing! NO!Jamroth Bok: AHHK... From below... it's like a magnet.Ubu: Hell has come for me... no ARRRRGH!
Funny / Batman Odyssey
Take your pick: