- The pirates soon learn of Earth's tendency to hijack their mechs, in combat, with crazy infantry. Greene's highjacking of Natalie's Battlemaster is specially awesome and hilarious.
- The Discussion Thread is also rife with such things, when trying to deal with the real-life translations of what the rules imply:
As for autocannons, the water explanation is exactly it. BTech armor is made of vampires, therefore the rounds use holy water as a payload to ensure maximum damage dealt.
- On BT armor:
Well, we know that BT armor is made of vampires. It stands to reason, then, that BT ECM is powered by poltergeists. Therefore, it's entirely probable that the guide wire would get deflected away, since it doesn't have an integrated proton pack.I suppose you could cross the streams, but that's a terrible idea.
- On ECM:
We have not yet begun to fap!Oh god oh god! TRIPLE HEAT SINKS! Nuh nuh MAMMOTH TANKS! OH OH OH YES, GIVE ME MOAR RAILGUNS!* Heat sink coolant sprays everywhere.*
- On Earthwank!:
- The various governments, at one point, have to negotiate with EA to use the Global Defense Initiative name. They get it, free of charge. They also get Joseph D. Kucan to dedicate the GDI headquarters building in the name of the Brotherhood of NOD.
- Basically all of Greene's conversations with Natalie.
- Dansen meets President Ryan and his Daughter.
"How was I supposed to know he would take it literally?"
- on the use of the Bhut Bolokia pepper for a "pepper spray"
"to compare this stuff to standard pepper spray is like comparing a Davy Crocket to a cigarette lighter"
- During the CSN takeover of Antallos, Redjack Ryan shows up. Once the CSN forces find out about this, they proceed to blast the ever loving hell out of him with an assload of artillery. The initial audio alerts are garbled, but then:
*sets controls to display warning in plain text*Redjack Ryan: "Oh bugger me sideways"