- Aliens seems to have the most in the way of funny moments. Almost all of them are provided by surprise surprise, Hudson.
Gorman: Hicks, meet me at the south lock. We're coming in.Hudson: He's comin' in. I feel safer already.
- Here's a good Hudson line.
Hudson: Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?Gorman: All we know is that there's still no contact with the colony, and that a xenomorph may be involved.Frost: Excuse me, sir, a what?Gorman: A xenomorph.Hicks: It's a bughunt.
- One of his best is even earlier than that.
Hudson: Man, this floor is freezing!Apone: What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers for you?Hudson: Gee, would you, sir? I'd like that.Apone: (Apone points at his own eye with his middle finger) Look into my eye.
Sgt. Apone: Hudson, come here. COME HERE!
- After Gorman's briefing, the sergeant tells Hudson he wants to have a little "chat".
Hudson: Hey Vasquez, ever been mistaken for a man?
- Also speaking of Hudson on the receiving end:
Vasquez: No... have you?
Hudson: That's it, man! Game over, man! Game over!
- Who could forget his best one?
- "Yeah, right, man, Bishop should go. Good idea!"
- Apone is almost the original Sergeant Rock. He pops a cigar in his mouth even as he wakes up.
Apone: (smiles broadly) A day in the Corps is like a day on the farm, I LOVE THE CORPS!
- Bishop pulling his knife trick on Hudson. The latter's expression throughout is absolutely priceless.
- Made even better because when Lance Henriksen told people on set what he was going to do, he failed to discuss it with Bill Paxton. Bill's look of terror is very real.
- Oddly enough one of the funniest lines goes to Burke of all people. Of course he's just doing it to be sarcastic, but still!
Hudson: What are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?!
- On the dropship down, Hudson swaggering in front of Ripley. His swaggering makes his later breakdown all the better - and then he picks up again.
Hudson: We got sonic, electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
- On the dropship, Gorman is visibly nervous, and many of the Marines are swaggering and boasting. Hicks falls asleep. The camera returns to him a couple of times just to show it.
Sgt. Apone: Somebody wake up Hicks!
- Hicks is doing the only smart thing; he has nothing else to do so he's getting some sleep now that he night need later.
- Bishop is about to crawl through a tunnel alone to the Comm Relay in order to remotely call down the spare drop ship from the Sulaco. Vasquez hands him a pistol to protect himself with. He takes it, turns it over in his hand briefly, and promptly hands it off to Ripley, evidently finding it entirely useless to him.
- Newt provides a couple of small ones.
- When Ripley has driven the car out of the first alien attack, she asks if Newt's okay. Newt gives her the thumb's up with the most deadpan expression on her face.
- Newt has found a marine's helmet and is wearing it while Hudson is having a freak out. When Ripley reminds him how long she survived, she says "am I right?" and Newt salutes Hudson. Again her expression is hilarious.
- And this leads to another Hudson CMOF: "Put her in charge, man!"
- "She thought they said illegal aliens and signed up." Not that funny on its own, but definitely gets there when you learn it was put in as a reference to Jeanette Goldstein actually making that mistake when she saw the casting sheet, causing her to show up dressed as a poor Mexican immigrant surrounded by people in army fatigues. This also adds a lot of context to her response: "Fuck you, man!"