Note that some of these apply to both the 1988 movie and the subsequent TV series.
* Newcomers get intoxicated on sour milk!
* In the film, George tells Matt his true Tenctonese name, "Stangya Tsorentss'aa." Matt responds by saying, "Gesundheit." Then he goes on to mock some of the names the Tenctonese have chosen for themselves, like Harley Davidson. George deflates him with this:
--> '''George:''' It is like your name....Sykes. I'm sure it doesn't bother you at all that it sounds like ''"ss'ai k'ss,"'' two words in my language which mean "excrement" and "cranium."
--> ''[Matt looks at George quizzically]''
--> '''George:''' Shithead.
** When the series rolls around, Matt nods his head in resignation every time he tells a Newcomer his name, basically saying, "Yeah, I know already."
* At one point George and Sykes pull a GoodCopBadCop routine on a suspect. George pins the guy to the wall and is screaming with rage, while Sykes calmly explains to the suspect why he should cooperate.
--> '''Sykes:''' I've seen [George] rip a guy's spine out of his back. I wanted to stop him, but I was too busy throwing up.
* It's kinda funny that Cathy can't understand how someone can watch something as violent as Film/TheThreeStooges, and then think a movie like [[MyHorseIsAMotorbike The Love Bug]] is great.
** "And the language! Do you know what 'nyuk, nyuk, nyuk' means in Tenctonese?"
* George's ling-pod pain relief exercises.
* The first time the sour milk thing comes up in the series. George is impressed to find a bottle of milk in Matt's fridge that is dated August.