Funny: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Huck's take on getting "sivilized" in the first chapter. Especially this:
After supper she got out her book and learned me about Moses and the Bulrushers, and I was in a sweat to find out all about him; but by and by she let it out that Moses had been dead a considerable long time; so then I didn't care no more about him, because I don't take no stock in dead people.
- Tom's increasingly complex, Rule of Cool-based plan to free Jim has some pretty hilarious moments.
- The bit where they actually have to let Jim out of the cell so he can help them carry something they need for his escape stands out.
- Huck's increasing itchiness while he'll be caught by Jim if he moves.
- This exchange:
Jim: Wunst I had foteen dollars, but I tuck to specalat'n', en got busted out.Huck: What did you speculate in, Jim?Jim: Well, fust I tackled stock.Huck: What kind of stock?Jim: Why, live stock.
- This segment from Chapter 10, where Huck discusses bad luck:
Iíve always reckoned that looking at the new moon over your left shoulder is one of the carelessest and foolishest things a body can do. Old Hank Bunker done it once, and bragged about it; and in less than two years he got drunk and fell off of the shot-tower, and spread himself out so that he was just a kind of a layer, as you may say; and they slid him edgeways between two barn doors for a coffin, and buried him so, so they say, but I didnít see it. Pap told me. But anyway it all come of looking at the moon that way, like a fool.