One of Captain Vor's comments in the Prologue section of Update 14 implies that the Tenno do not just wear the suits around them, which give them unique powers, but are, in fact, beings of energy that rely on the suits for containment. While probably just the incoherent ramblings of an Orokin-obsessed madman, or excessively-metaphorical language, this could provide a logical explanation as to why the Warframes can manipulate the elements, create antimatter and gravitational shifts, conjure up nanobot swarms and ablative armor from nothing, and even why their "health" pickups are so similar to their energy pickups. The Warframes themselves are symbiotic conduits for their energy-based users, changed by their exposure to the Void, that let them channel that energy in specific ways.
- Wow. That is... that makes absolute sense to me. It would explain why we never see the Tenno out of their Warframes, as well as the other things you have mentioned.
- If I remember correctly, Vor's wording is. "The Tenno don't somehow control the divine light that gives them such powers. They ARE that light!"
- Specifically, the full quote;
""We've been wrong all this time. Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno ARE that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light." "
- The only question that brings up, though, is why the Tenno bleed when they take slash damage?
- Rhino Prime codex entry implies that the warframes are built around those who were sent into the Void.