Fridge: The Emperor's New Groove
- Kuzco is 17. You don't have to be a royal teenager to think It's All About Me.
- Why doesn't Kuzco have a food taster? It's because he thinks the whole world adores him. The thought that someone might dislike him, let alone try to kill him, never even crossed his mind.
- When Yzma's goons all get turned into a random assortment of animals, none of them seem nearly as alarmed as you'd expect... save one guy, who asks to be sent home early on the grounds that he is now a cow (Yzma allows it). Why is he the only one showing any concern? Well, despite what pop culture would have you believe, cows are exclusively female. Poor guy didn't just have his species changed, his biological sex was changed as well, which is disturbing and unexpected even by the standards of someone used to Yzma's transformation antics.
- Yzma asks Kronk "Why do we even have that lever?" Well, really, what happens when Kuzco and Pacha try to sneak into the lab? Maybe that's why! Except that Kuzco and Pacha just get right past the crocodiles with little problem, so this happens:
- Kuzco: Okay, why does she even have that lever?
- In a subtle bit of the opening scene, Kuzco looks back and slips- that's why he falls in the mud. It's an amusing metaphor for what he tries to do before undergoing Character Development.
- Some Fridge Humour: Yzma's original plan probably would have worked so long as the potions weren't mixed up, but she decided not to go through with it because she wanted to save on postage. The entire movie only happened because she was too cheap to buy a couple of stamps.
- As Yzma smashes Kuzco busts in a rage, she mentions that she practically raised him. Taking into account Kuzco's parents are probably dead if he's ruling, this could very well be true, and would certainly explain how he grew up to be such a spoiled brat.
- As noted earlier with the possible dead parents thing, Yzma might just be the closest thing Kuzco has to a mother. Which could be why he's so broken when he finds out that she's dead set on killing him..
- Yzma claims that only her, Krunk, and Kuzco know that she was fired. However there was an aide writing down what Kuzco was saying and even gave her a note with all the different ways she was fired.
- Maybe Yzma has done something to the aide...
- She probably just considers the aide too insignificant to worry about, especially since the word of the emperor's adviser would definitely be taken more seriously than the word of a random aide.