* The Dutch girl that spoke Dutch? She was speaking ''real'' Dutch, the production team took the time to find a child who spoke the real language. Thus ensuring the scene's believability.
** The same with the little deaf girl in the 1994 version. They changed it from a Dutch girl because the original had her as a war orphan and that would make far less sense in 1994.
* Along that line, SantaClaus speaking Dutch may be a MythologyGag, considering the name Santa Claus comes from the Dutch language word for Saint Nikolas, and St Nick himself is the Patron Saint of Amsterdam
* In the 1994 remake, either [[spoiler:Santa did a Virgin Mary routine on Dorey, or he knew exactly when she was ovulating to orchestrate a liaison so she could conceive a child]]. Neither option is particularly appealing.
** Assuming [[spoiler:she ''was'' pregnant at that time. It's possible he counted Dorey getting married on Christmas as a set-up for Susan's wish for a sibling.]]
** It was heavily implied. That's enough to be horrifying.
* In all versions, the thought that they nearly committed the REAL Santa Claus to a mental institution is horrifying.
* Exactly how do you make martinis "double-strength"? They're pretty much all booze to begin with. All you could really do is have more of them or a bigger glass.
** Twice as much gin relative to the other ingredients?
*** The other ingredient is vermouth - another alcohol.