- Fridge Logic: Why the bark would the Germans need a highly-skilled and equipped anti-Clank Unit?
- Just in case. Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans maybe be allies for now, but later?
- And, no doubt, to deal with the Americans and Japanese eventually, since both of those countries blend tech and have access to Clanker technology of their own.
- They're probably also anti-mammothine troops, since the principles are similar, as anything that can take out a giant Clanker machine can take out a beastie.
- What happens once the vitriolic barnacles finish their work with the anti-Behemoth traps in the Dardanelles? Based on how lethal they are described to be, they could create an ecological and diplomatic disaster between the British and the Ottomans, if they are allowed to proliferate unhindered after the mission is over, and somehow move on to eating ship hulls...
- It's quite possible not much will come of it. They don't seem to spread very far, so they might not have much of a mobile phase. If that's the case, they wouldn't be able to establish themselves on ship hulls at all once the traps sink to the bottom. Plus, they're only violently acidic for a relatively short time. It's also not impossible that Dr. Barlow included some method of causing them to die off.