Fridge: Fanboy and Chum Chum
- While watching Fanboy and Chum Chum of all things, this troper noticed that Sigmund and Kyle both had the same large foreheads, the same shaped ears, and the same eyes. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but during the dinner scene, I realized it was because in the original script Sigmund was supposed to be Kyle's father, not his inexplicably white-haired and oldish-looking schoolmate, so the similarity was actually family resemblance that the writers didn't bother changing.
- I thought it was done to point out the similarity in their personalities and behavior. Kyle is actually a lot like Sigmund; it's not as noticeable because he treats Sigmund very differently from the other characters. This troper assumed it was sort of an Inferiority Superiority Complex he had involving Sigmund, where Kyle uses mockery on the ones he considers lower than him - Fanboy and Chum Chum. Sigmund does exactly the same thing to Kyle, but we don't know whether he's just a Jerkass or it's also part of that same complex. (Of course, Kyle and Fanboy and Chum Chum react to this treatment differently, so it doesn't come off as so obvious). — Nashimi
- In "Dollar Day", Fanboy and Chum Chum are able to buy two Frosty Freezy Freezes for one dollar, even though posters throughout the Frosty Mart show that one drink each costs 99 cents.
- Despite having their vision impaired in different ways, Boog and Lenny both imagine the same monster in "Monster in the Mist".
- In the episode when Lenny time travels to destroy the Frosty Machine so he can never see Fanboy and Chum Chum, the kids put on a 5-second Just for Fun funeral. How the heck to kids know about death at the age of five?
- In his debut episode, Kyle casually references the time where he turned his teacher into food and ate them, meaning Kyle has no problems with actually killing people.
- In the episode where Fanboy and Chum-Chum find Boog's old allergy bubble, it is revealed that Boog was allergic to air. So. Was he born with that, or did it develop, because either one seems horrifying.