- Bones fails to realize that reality TV doesn't really reflect reality. When Angela tries to explain this, Bones' response is, in essence, that it must be Exactly What It Says on the Tin. It's supposed to be a cute example of Bones' naivete. But anyone who has taken even Anthropology 101 (like this troper) learned about how people behave differently when they know they're being observed, and that's just when some academic type is sitting quietly to the side taking notes. Bones, as an anthropologist, should have realized that a camera and the prospect of fame and money would increase this effect by orders of magnitude.
- Seeley Booth's first name not only means "happy" but bears an uncanny resemblance to a German word for "soul"
- Vincent's habit of spouting random facts as a blatant sign of his social awkwardness, does that remind you of anyone we know? No wonder Bones told him that he was her favorite intern when he was dying. The only real difference is that Vincent is far more blatant about it.
- Somewhat a fridge Funny moment when you realize the naming of Christine Angela Booth. her first name means "Christian", her middle name means "angel", and her last name comes from her father who is deeply religious. And her mother is a proclaimed atheist.
- Rewatch ‘Pain in the Heart.' Angela, Hodgins, and Zack are alone in the hospital room, Zack tries to tell them the truth about the explosion and Gormogon. Unfortunately they think he's delirious from pain and nightmares, so they give him morphine and put him to sleep. If they had listened, the team wouldn't spend the rest of the episode accusing each other of being the apprentice, and they might not have lost their standing with theFBI.