Freudian Trio: Web Media
open/close all folders
Web Serial Novel
- Id: Kelly Norris — Loudmouth Erudite Stoner, attempts to stir things up with conspiracy theories, seemingly just for fun.
- Ego: Kate Allegheny — Not much self-confidence or social ease, often indecisive about exactly where she stands.
- Superego: Bridgit Berks — Skeptical, practical, and more than a little bit moralizing.
Arby 'n' the Chief
- Season 5
- Superego: Arbiter — Intelligent, Open-minded, mostly Level-headed, but short of patience
- Id: Master Chief — Moronic, Childish, Provocative, and VERY Close-minded
- Ego: Greg — Friendly, Social, and Considerate towards the right person
- Eugene's Troll Clan (Season 7)
- Ego: Eugene — Cruel but persuasive
- Id: Tyler — Maniacally, Sadistic, and Abusive
- Superego: Colin — Intelligent, Advice-giving, but very short of patience
- Ego: Rythian — Smart and logical, the leader. However, his mood can swing either way.
- Id: Zoey Proasheck — Strange, silly, and unpredictable.
- Superego: Teep — Stoic and obedient.
- Superego: Tacoma — smart and sensible and starts off thinking he's above it all.
- Id: Rebecca — slightly insane girl who deals with people thinking she's a bimbo by Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Ego: Donnie — tries to act like everything's okay and that he's just an egotistical leech, but is really broken up by his failures and losses.
- Id: Apparently The "Homestuck Fan Voices" blog, due to frequently lacing perfectly good criticism with personal attacks.
- Superego: Seemingly The "Bad Homestuck RP" blog is this, for an emerging habit of actually trying to be helpful and above-board despite being, as with the other two bloggers, completely anonymous.
- Ego: Must thus be The "Slum Troller" blog, for representing the middle ground between the other two blogs and trying to laugh at everything that comes his way.
- Id: Jesse Cox bases his opinions on his gut feelings or emotions, often to the frustration of his co-hosts and viewers.
- Superego: TotalBiscuit goes into a rage now and again, and has a few pet hates that get to him, but is usually rational.
- Ego: Dodger seems almost as insane as Jesse most of the time, but when the podcast moves to a serious discussion she often proves to be the most calm and objective of the three.
- During the Magicka playthrough where TotalBiscuit teamed up with the Yogscast, he played the Ego to Simon's Id and Lewis's Superego.
- Superego: Isiah Mustafa — The Man Your Man Could Smell Like - superhumanly charismatic and romantic
- Id: Terry Crews — a very loud man with a thirst for POWERRRRRRRRR
- Ego: Dikembe Mutombo — the protagonist with 4 1/2 weeks to save the world
- Superego: Delta — analytical and calculating, being the Alpha's logic
- Id: Theta — emotional and childlike, being the Alpha's innocence
- Ego: Epsilon — balances between the two, kind of a jerk. Possesses all of the Alpha's memories, and so is the closest to the original Alpha.
- Superego: Himei / Sailor Nothing — The Quiet One
- Id: Shin / Sailor Truth — stubborn, obnoxious, in-your-face Plucky Girl
- Ego: Aki / Sailor Beauty — relatively normal — emphasis on relatively
The Adventures of Wiglaf and Mordred
- Id: Mordred — self-centered, lazy, and generally only moving if there's something in it for him, often amusement
- Superego: Wiglaf — the self described "perfect hero," and the one with an emotional need to help people
- Ego: Driver — does most of the explanations and lampshading, the laid-back rather than lazy one
- Ego: Arthur — The laid-back leader who mediates between the other two
- Superego: Lancelot — ultra-moral and perfectionistic
- Id: Guenevere — confident, determined, and potentially a source of friction
- Id: Gogo — Boisterous Bruiser, irritable/violent, protective, Big Eater.
- Ego: Andy — normal teenage boy, level-headed, honest.
- Superego: Didi — The Smart Gal, scientifically minded, over-achiever, analytical.
- Lemmy (Id), Paul (Ego), and Sylvia (Superego).
- Ego: Bob — Straight Man Hamster (tending toward Superego at times)
- Superego: Doug — Hollywood Nerd Dog
- Id: Bill — Boisterous Bruiser Goat
- Sam (Id), Florence (Superego), and Helix (Ego).
- Bruce (Id), Ashley (Ego), and Campy (Superego).
- Kale's Multiple Personalities form another one:
- "Normal" Kale (Ego), Fox Kale (Id), and Mr. White (Superego).
- Gil (Id), Tarvek (Superego), and Agatha (Ego).
- Coyote (Ego), Reynardine (Superego), and Ysengrin (Id).
- Hanna: Emotional but smarter than he seems, a leader, practical (Ego)
- ...: Nigh emotionless, always cool, taking necessary action and pointing things out (Superego)
- Conrad: Short-tempered, blustery, often does not think things through (Id)
- John (Ego), Rose (Id), and Dave (Superego). And Jade is the Unconscious Mind.
- Green (Id), Red (Ego), and Blue (Superego).
- Id: Pants — Excessively vulgar weirdo
- Ego: Spigot — The closest thing to an all-rounder
- Superego: Rands — Clever and intelligent
- Max (Id), Jamie (Ego), and Ellen (Superego).
- Lampshaded in the author's commentary on this strip.
- Id: Mell — focused on violence and BFGs
- Superego: Dave — the worker bee who has the tech skills
- Ego: Helen — the Mad Scientist who is their boss
- Id: The Artist — A hyperactive tentacle
monsterperson who enjoys puppets.
- Superego: The Mascot — Calm redhead who manifests as a character in whatever game is played.
- Ego: Josue Pereira — A Brazilian with bad luck and too many choices.
- Argumentatively, since these are not active characters in any storyline (save The Mascot), these three characters could also be heteronyms for the real-life Josue, harkening back to Fernando Pessoa, who developed the concept (and is also Portuguese).
- The half of it left in Azure City when the Order was split up:
- Superego: Celia — Stupid Good Actual Pacifist, out of place in an adventuring party
- Id: Belkar — Stupid Evil Heroic Comedic Sociopath, increasingly The Millstone (until he suddenly wasn't anymore)
- Ego: Haley — Pragmatic, Chaotic Goodish, has to deal with the mistakes made by the above two along with everything else
- The half that escaped with the Azurite Fleet:
- Superego: Durkon — rational, focused on their long term goal.
- Ego: Elan — listens to everyone's point of view
- Id: V — focused on his/her own immediate emotional needs [to be the one who saves everyone]. A rare example of a superintelligent id.
- Superego: Tycho — Intelligent and snarky
- Id: Gabe — Emotional and dimwitted
- Ego: Jim — "Even-handed, and slow to anger"
- Ego: Problem Sleuth — charismatic, a born leader, balanced
- Id: Ace Dick — brash, gluttonous, violent
- Superego: Pickle Inspector — highly intelligent
- Id: Denmark — Fun-loving party boy
- Superego: Sweden — Logically-minded to a fault
- Ego: Norway — Friendly camping hobbyist
- Nikol Mimagi (Ego), Lewk (Id), and Serra Serif (Superego).
- Id: UNITY — the violence-oriented zombie
- Superego: Tip — the psychiatrist who tries to talk things out
- Ego: Sweetheart — the genetically-engineered superdog who is the usual team leader
- Superego: Kieri — calm and thoughtful most of the time (but develops tendencies in the other two types)
- Id: Buwaro — naive and impulsive
- Ego: Rhea — keeps the other two under control
- Id: Aubrey — Brash, impulsive, confrontational, slightly sociopathic.
- Ego: Davan — Somewhat of a Jerk Ass, but much more self-controlled than Aubrey.
- Superego: Pee-Jee — Moral (relatively), often the voice of reason.
- Id: Cade Masters — the swashbuckling womanizer
- Ego: Vadim Valntipur — the level-headed old dwarf
- Superego: Melchior — the brainer-than-thou mage