Freudian Trio / Newspaper Comics
Calvin and Hobbes
Cul de Sac
- Id: Calvin — While incredibly intelligent, he acts on the first whim that enters his head.
- Ego: Susie — Basic, level headed, moderately intelligent person. Has a slight level of control over Calvin.
- Superego: Hobbes — Intellectual and calm, acts sometimes as a voice of reason for Calvin. Doesn't sweat too much.
- Id: Alice — Impulsive, imaginative, sometimes violent.
- Superego: Beni — Oriented to explaining and fixing things, though sometimes too inexperienced to know when he's wrong.
- Ego: Dill — Generally not confrontational, but acquainted with the weirder side of things to relate to and bring out the better aspects of Alice.
Dogs of C-Kennel
- Superego: Dilbert — Rational, logical, moral.
- Id: Wally — Selfish, lazy, lecherous.
- Ego: Alice — Industrious, short-tempered, less self-centered than Wally.
- Superego: Will — Tries to maintain order in the kennel.
- Ego: Iggy — Nervous character who is rather indecisive.
- Id: Kenny — Scatter-brained comic relief who acts rather impulsively.
- Superego: Jason — Intelligent, well-read, logical
- Ego: Peter — Mediator, street-smart, Only Sane Man.
- Id: Paige — Emotional, greedy, bad-tempered.
- Bucky (Id), Satchel (Ego), and Rob (Superego).
Over the Hedge
- Id: Garfield — a complete slave to his addictions and desires.
- Ego: Jon — Average everyman, albeit a bit of a loser.
- Superego: Liz — Intellectual. Has higher ideals than the rest of the cast.
- Id: RJ — A very sneaky raccoon on stealing food.
- Ego: Verne — Plainjane turtle who is the luckiest alive.
- Superego: Hammy — A slick squirrel who goes about civilization
Pearls Before Swine
- Ego: Charlie Brown — Token leader, unremarkable, "average joe".
- Superego: Linus — Rational, well-read, intellectual.
- Id: Lucy — Short-tempered, impulsive, immature.
- Id: Rat — Scheming con-man, unrepentant Jerkass
- Ego: Pig — Innocent, immature, blindly follows what Rat says
- Superego: Goat — Unrecognized voice of reason, puts up with Rat and Pig