Tarepanda is a Japanese franchise featuring the adorable panda character. It started with stickers of a panda inspired by Hikaru Suemasa looking tired, and has since been featured on numerous kinds of merchandise, books, video games, and computer software.The perpetually worn-out panda moves only by rolling over.
This franchise provides examples of:
- Meaningful Name: "Tare" means "lazy" or "droopy."
- The Merch: Inverted; Tarepanda started out as only merchandise and has since expanded to media.
- Panda-ing to the Audience
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: "Kawaii" is the word of the day, here. Big head? Check. Big eyes? Check. Stubby limbs? Check. Fluffy and soft looking? Double check.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Mochi and suama.