The occult club
Shuuen no Shiori Project (Bookmark of Demise) is a song series by Vocaloid
producers 150-P and Suzumu, with character designs by Saine. The art in the P Vs
are drawn by Komine, Kara and Wannyanpu. All of the songs in the series are connected, forming a story about a group of four high school students who play a deadly game.
The series also contains four novels, the first one which was released on February 27, 2013.
There is an ongoing manga illustrated by Yuki Amino serialized in Comic Gene.Now has a character page.
Shuuen no Shiori Project contains examples of:
- Alphabetical Theme Naming
- Anyone Can Die: And everyone does.
- Artifact of Death: The Book and Bookmark of Demise.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: D-ne uses the wishes of the Monkey's Paw to become B-ko and to escape from her impending misfortune. Unfortunately, this backfires as becoming B-ko causes all of B-ko's misfortune to befall on her, also getting her killed by an impostor in the end.
- Chekhov's News: In B-ko's song, Warning of Imposters, the beginning is a tv forecast calling a chance of imposters in the area. it ends up being her imposter.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: A is red, B is purple, C is some variant of green, D is some kind of blue, and E is yellow.
- Dysfunction Junction: A-ya is a loner, an occult freak, and quite frankly, a jerk, B-ko, while seemingly perfect, is actually a Mood-Swinger Tsundere that's constantly worried about her image, and both C-ta and D-ne are Stepford Smiler stalkers who are way too obsessed with the former two. And these guys are supposed to be our protagonists.
- Dwindling Party: Every character dies at the end of their chapters, until the entire cast has died.
- Exact Time to Failure: If you do not fulfill Kokkuri-san's demands by one week, you'll die.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's a bookmark. And it kills people.
- Foreshadowing: The smell of D-ne’s shampoo really sticks around.
- B-ko mentions Mearry-san in their discussion about who’s watching A-ya.
- Ironic Echo: “I will protect you.”
- Love Confession: D-ne to B-ko.
- Love Dodecahedron: D-ne is in love with B-ko, who's in love with A-ya, who either loves rumors or C-ta or maybe just doesn't care about love. C-ta, as much as he'd deny it, is obviously in love with A-ya too, and he also has a lot of Foe Yay moments with D-ne.
- Madness Mantra: “WHY WON’T YOU COME OUT WHY WON’T YOU COME OUT…”
- “No no no no no no no no no no no that’s wrong”
- It's been said you can't have a Shuuen no Shiori novel/manga chapter without a page of words repeating over and over.
- Meta Twist: Invoked at the end of the second novel. This is a Shuuen no Shiori novel. What do you mean, everyone's going to live?
- Murder Is the Best Solution: They must kill the traitor in order to end the game.
- No Name Given: All we know is that their names might end in a particular syllable.
- A-ya's classmate who gets sliced in half and D-ne's classmate who ends up hanging off the building don't even get that much.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The incident from ten years ago that started the rumours of the Book of Demise was caused by the Film Club trying to make a movie.
- Not So Different: D-ne feels this way about C-ta.
- One-Letter Name: This would have been literal, had Suzumu not decided calling them by only one letter would sound weird.
- "Rashomon"-Style: Each arc of the novels and the manga focuses on each character's POV of the demise game and how they tried to handle the situation.
- Stalker with a Crush:While only D-ne’s crush has ever been explicitly stated in canon, C-ta has four cameras in A-ya’s room and a microphone in his bag.
- True Companions: Yes, really. They're ultimately depicted as such in the song Shuuen no Shiori.
- Unmoving Plaid: In some of the music videos, the main characters' school uniforms' skirts/pants are depicted as such.
- Yandere: There are two, and there are only four main characters. Oh, Crap.