Flame War: Web Original
- The Abridged Series - Many people debate on which abridged series is the best and says "This one sucks so this is better!"
- Alternate Reality DBZ vs Dragon Ball Abridged ... yeah ... never ask that question.
- Speaking of which, some people say that Alternate Reality Dragon Ball Z has fallen apart. Do not ask on which your favorite episode is.
- Red vs. Blue demonstrated one of these in "The Internet Vs. Real Life" concerning politics:
—REAL LIFE—Church: Look, that's just the way I feel about it.Sarge: Well I disagree, but I respect your opinion.—INTERNET—Church: You deserve to DIE! Die and go to Hell and burn!Sarge: Oh, yeah!? Well, I hope you get raped! Twice! Maybe then you'll feel different! Jerk!
- Also, to prep oneself for the internet, the hosts recommend "visiting your local middle-school chess club and passing out crystal meth and guns."
- Homestar Runner: Say anything outside of the Strong Bad Emails and some people will burn you alive.
- Believe it or not, this very site has a few "flame war" debates usually coming from a certain trope. Other tropes qualify too, even this one.
- #2 of Cracked's 6 New Kinds of Anxiety the Internet Gave Us is "The Dread of Stumbling into a Hornet's Nest".
- Despite the focus being mainly about video games (or maybe because of it), Sean Malstrom found himself in a flame war over My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. He claims that the show's popularity among men worries him (this is significant, as he almost always expresses anger or frustration over fear). The show's fans were quick on the reaction to his statements, and he reacted back accordingly to defend his point. He backed down before things got really ugly, but Friendship Is Magic remains a recurring topic throughout 2013.
- College Humor brings us "We Didn't Start the Flame War" that chronicles several of these on various websites set to the tune of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire."
- RWBY: To what degree is Weiss racist?
- Floating Point features a digital world of living A.I. who tend to ape the worst patterns of The Internet... including massive flamewars, sometimes involving actual fire.
- A running joke on AlternateHistory.com is that, whenever a thread involving Israel or feminism comes up in the Chat board, at least one person — and likely more than one — will get kicked or banned for comments they made in that thread.