- Fu Leng and the other subsequent rulers of the Shadowlands in Legend of the Five Rings tend fall into this structure.
- With the Oni Overlords:
- During the Clan War story arc:
- Four Winds story arc:
- Bloodspeakers circa Diamond Edition:
- Champions, being a superhero roleplaying game with a long history, has produced a few villain teams that more or less fit the pattern.
- The original line-up of Eurostar are a fair example:
- Big Bad - Fiacho, whose name actually means "very bad".
- The Dragon - Bora, though she may be too flighty to do the job perfectly, maybe even being more of a Dark Chick type.
- The Brute - Durak, no question.
- The Evil Genius - Le Sone, the team scientist.
- The Dark Chick - Pantera, the clawed psychopath (who might swap roles with Bora at times).
- The scenario book The Sands of Time features two five-member villain teams:
- The Iron Five fit the trope fairly well. What they don't know is that Belragor is basically using them as a Quirky Miniboss Squad.
- Big Bad - Chevron, though mostly by virtue of his being the team leader.
- The Dragon - Shaggy, though more by default than inclination; he's much more of a trickster.
- The Brute - Shellshock.
- The Evil Genius - Sharkskin, though his genius is limited to being a useful business manager and driver.
- The Dark Chick - Shrapnel, in a twisted sort of way, as the team's junior member. Though he'd gut you for suggesting this.
- Belragor's followers, on the other hand, avert the trope more than they fit it:
- Big Bad - Belragor, definitely.
- The Dragon - The Obedient One and the Unswerving Champion both want this position, and are locked in rivalry.
- The Brute - The Functionary's powers put him in this slot, though he doesn't look the part, and the Obedient One has more of the mindset.
- The Evil Genius - Belragor really won't let anyone else take this role, though the Vengeance Swarm might also be in contention sometimes.
- The Dark Chick - Simply not a role recognised in this group. The Vengeance Swarm is the low-strength oddball character, but it wants to be The Starscream.
- The Inner Circle of DEMON, although they're actually under the command of a Power Trio.
- Big Bad - The Coin Collector is a regular schemer of a Morally Bankrupt Banker with potent Brainwash powers, making him the best at political and social manipulation on a wide scale.
- The Dragon: The Dalang, being the cover-up specialist and none-too-shabby with the minions himself, due to his Casting a Shadow capabilities.
- Evil Genius: Herr Doktor Pandaemonium, master of sonics and occult science.
- The Brute: Demoiselle Nocturne, the elite enforcer and one-woman(-patterned-living-nightmare) Secret Police and enforcer corps for DEMON's ultimate leader, Luther Black.
- Dark Chick: Dyer Vander Bleek, who by all rights shouldn't even be in the Inner Circle; he was always meant as a placeholder for an entirely different woman, and he knows it.
- The original line-up of Eurostar are a fair example:
- The World Slayers from Rifts Chaos Earth Creatures of Chaos.
- The five vampiric species from Vampire: The Requiem.
- The Big Bad: The Ventrue. Blue-blooded, controlling, and always in charge.
- The Dragon: The Nosferatau. Disfigured, brutally strong, capable of casting fear, and completely loyal to anyone who accepts them from behind the scenes.
- The Brute: The Gangrel. Animalistic, savage, frequently (though not always) stupid, with a tendency to operate as mercenaries or Psychos For Hire.
- The Evil Genius: The Mekhet. Shadowy, clever, dislike direct contact, and can find out anything for a price.
- The Dark Chick: The Daeva's. Decadent seducers obsessed with the finer things in life. Can become The Dragon (or more frequently, The Starscream) to the Ventrue if truly motivated.
- Similarly, the five Slasher Undertakings (both Ripper and Scourge) from Hunter: The Vigil
- Big Bad: Geniuses/Maniacs or Charmers/Psychos. Really varies depending on the Slashers in question.
- The Dragon: Freaks/Mutants. As in the Nosferatau example above, these guys are disfigured, strong, and extremely loyal to anyone who accepts them. May be just misunderstood, or genuinely evil, or somewhere in between.
- The Brute: Brutes/ Masks. Neither is particularly smart, neither is emotional in anyway, shape or form, neither shows mercy, and both have Implacable Man as their hat. May actually be more physically dangerous than The Dragon, but much less competent.
- The Evil Genius: Geniuses/Maniacs or Charmers/Psychos. As above, this will vary from Slasher to Slasher.
- The Dark Chick: Avengers/Legends. The only ones with something approaching justification for their behaviour; often bound up by the rules of their own story. Generally have Jerkass Woobie as their hat.
- Warhammer 40,000 armies. Granted, the setting is swimming in Black and Gray Morality. However, the classic "evil" factions fill out all the archetypes:
- And the same, but for the Warhammer Fantasy setting. Though if one accepts the theory that the Horned Rat is a lesser Chaos God and removes the Orcs and Vampire Counts it can be made a lot neater, since those two have no real connection to Chaos.
- Let's not forget the principal 5 Bad Band of the franchise, the Chaos Gods. Well, four. Depending on who you ask.
- The Vampire Counts' bloodlines could arguably count as this as well:
- The Horus Heresy's traitor Primarchs and their Legions:
- Big Bad: Horus/Sons of Horus
- The Dragon: Lorgar/Erebus/The Word Bearers.
- The Evil Genius: Magnus/The Thousand Sons and Perturabo/The Iron Warriors
- The Brute: Angron/The World Eaters and Konrad Curze/The Night Lords.
- The Dark Chick: Fulgrim/The Emperor's Children.
- Sixth Ranger(s): Mortarion/The Death Guard.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Alpharius/The Alpha Legion
- The five Praetors of New Phyrexia (and their boss) from Magic: The Gathering:
- Big Bad: Karn (while he remains corrupted)
- The Dragon: Sheoldred (Also The Starscream)
- Evil Genius: Jin-Gitaxias
- The Brute: Vorinclex
- The Dark Chick: Elesh Norn
- Token Good Teammate: Urabrask
- In addition, the other characters on the New Phyrexia side fit this as well:
- After the events of The Lost Confession, the Phyrexian hierarchy has been shuffled up a bit:
- Big Bad: Elesh Norn
- Co-Dragons: Jin-Gitaxias and Sheoldred
- Evil Genius: Jin-Gitaxias again
- The Brute: Vorinclex
- The Dark Chick: Urabrask
- Martian Menace
|The Evil Genius||Galaxius-4|
|The Dark Chick||Ares Mothership|
- Lords of Cthul
|The Dragon||Ancient Osheroth|
|The Evil Genius||Mogroth|
|The Dark Chick||Yasheth|
- Planet Eaters
|The Evil Genius||Xaxor|
|The Dark Chick||Vorgax|
- Subterran Uprising
|The Brute||all of their monsters, to some degree.|
|The Evil Genius||Blastik-Rukivall|
|The Dark Chick||Hammerklak-Korvissik|
- Savage Swarm
|The Dragon||the unnamed Biologcal Mash Up Metamorph|
|The Evil Genius||Mucostos|
|The Dark Chick||Dynavastus|
|The Evil Genius||Anglax|
|The Dark Chick||the unnamed jellyfish Metamorph|
- Exalted has The Reclamation Yozis:
- Big Bad: The Ebon Dragon, least mangled of the Yozis and leader of The Reclamation. The Reclamation hinges on whether or not his plans succeed... which is massively hindered by him being the literal embodiment of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder.
- The Dragon: Cecelyne.
- The Brute: Malfeas. Was the King of the Primordials, but is too mangled, incoherent and destructive to count as the Big Bad.
- Evil Genius: She Who Lives in Her Name.
- Dark Chick: Adorjan and Kimberry. You do not want to be on the receiving end of their love.
- Sixth Column: In Return of the Scarlet Empress, the developers suggest that players bargain with Szoreny (a Yozi that embodies Noble Demon Worthy Opponent) to draw him to their side. This will likely include arrangement for the release of Szoreny and his gay partner, Isidoros.
- Mutant Chronicles' Dark Soul and its Apostles fit the bill almost perfectly:
- The leadership of the Greenbelt bandits from Pathfinder's Kingmaker Adventure Path.
- Big Bad: The Stag Lord, the alcoholic, emotionally ruined leader of the bandits.
- The Dragon: Akiros Ismort, former Paladin of Erastil turned bandit and the one actually running things—despite his frustrations with the job.
- The Brute: Auchs, mentally handicapped thug and Psychopathic Manchild.
- The Evil Genius: Dovan from Nisroch, who manipulates all the other bandits—save Akiros—to his own ends.
- The Dark Chick: Nugrah the Decrepit, father of the Stag Lord, and his favoured abuse victim.
- Midnight Circus - the Circus management:
- Bigger Bad: The "Old Shareholders."
- Big Bad: Ringmaster Devyn Cavendish.
- The Dragon: Calabris - on the verge of becoming The Starscream
- The Brute: Koba - often used by the Infernal Trinity for muscle in large-scale operations.
- The Evil Genius: Mr Flint - Cavendish's accountant, spymaster, and token Corax wereraven.
- The Dark Chick: Astarte the Autumn Queen - the most benevolent of the Infernal Trinity and the least engaged with reality.
- The Sixth Ranger: Baroque - currently being groomed to replace Calabris as the Infernal Trinity's resident vampire.
- Vampire: The Masquerade- Gehenna. The Apostates:
- Big Bad: Lilith, the Dark Mother.
- The Dragon: Lucian - leads the Apostates in the field.
- The Brute: Erinye and Ikopabe.
- The Evil Genius: Mekhet.
- The Dark Chick: Malakai - almost completely disconnected from reality and kept as pacified as possible by the others.
- The Sixth Ranger: Ilyes - Lilith's scout and herald.
- The Wild Card: Eickos.