Five Bad Band: Literature
- The Black Coats: Possibly the Ur Example
- Early Sith Empire Hierarchy as described in the Book of Sith
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- The Big Bad - Count Olaf.
- The Dragon - The Hook-Handed Man, later Esmé Squalor.
- The Evil Genius - The Bald Man.
- The Brute - The Person of Indeterminate Gender. The Hook-Handed Man gets bumped down here once the Person dies and Esme joins the group, something he doesn't like one bit.
- The Dark Chick - The White-faced Women.
- Bigger Bad Duumvirate - The Man with a Beard but No Hair and The Woman with Hair but No Beard.
- Tagalong Kid - Carmelita Spats.
- The Dresden Files, The Denarians
- The Dresden Files, Turn Coat
- Battle Royale, Kazuo Kiriyama's gang before the program.
- Robin Hobb's Assassin trilogy:
- A Song of Ice and Fire,
- House Lannister
- Tyrion's Band
- Brave Companions
- Ser Gregor Clegane's Band
- The Big Bad — Gregor Clegane, the leader of the band.
- The Dragon — Chiswyck, one of Clegane's most prominent (and cruelest) soldiers.
- The Evil Genius — Raff the Sweetling, shown to be more clever than the average brute.
- The Brute — "The Tickler", who serves as Clegane's head torturer, despite being of average size and appearance.
- The Dark Chick — Shitmouth, who is stated to be kinder and more gentle than the others (though that isn't saying much.)
- House Bolton
- The Brotherhood Without Banners
- The Wildling War-leaders
- Queen Cersei's band:
- Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn
- The Master and Margarita, Woland and his servants
- The Thief of Always, Mr Hood and his servants
- American Gods
- The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
- The Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass, the Big Coffin Hunters
- The Shuhr in Fusion Fire
- Harry Potter
- The Death Eaters
- Slytherin House
- The Big Bad - Draco Malfoy
- The Dragon - Blaise Zabini
- The Brute - Vincent Crabbe & Gregory Goyle (Millicent Bulstrode may also qualify, as every appearance she makes in the books, she's pulverizing Hermione.)
- The Evil Genius - Theodore Nott
- The Dark Chick - Pansy Parkinson
- Bigger Bad - Severus Snape
- Oliver Twist
- The Silmarillion
- The Iron Circle from the ''Tyrants and Kings" trilogy
- Gone by Michael Grant:
- Codex Alera House Aquitaine
- The Big Four by Agatha Christie
- The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings
The human villains in David Eddings
' The Elenium
present an interesting example
The villains in David Eddings
' The Tamuli
The Career Tributes from The Hunger Games
Lucifer's followers, Paradise Lost
The higher-ups of the Sapphire Smuggling Syndicate in The Good The Bad And The Mediochre