- Megatokyo chapter 6, when Nanasawa Kimiko requests that Piro call her "Kimiko," followed by their least awkward conversation to date.
- Parley in Gunnerkrigg Court switches from using her nickname for Andrew Smith (Smitty) to his first name after a Relationship Upgrade.
- Wooden Rose Please, you must call me Aidan.
- In El Goonish Shive, Adrian Raven asks Noah to refer to him as Adrian or Raven anywhere other than at school in this strip.
- Off-White: Iki with his adoptive mother. She's never really accepted her adopted son.
- In Erstwhile, shortly before the wedding, the farmer's clever daughter call the king "sire," and he tells her that his name is Lennart.
- In Love and Capes, Mark tells her to go on calling him Mark after he reveals that he's a superhero.
- Pacificators: Cinna Grossul and Muneca Powell do not get along at all, and Cinna always addresses Muneca as Doll or some variant of the said name for the first 28 chapters. In the 29th chapter, after Daryl have been encouraging them to improve their relationship, we finally see Cinna calling Muneca by her first name, and respectfully at that.
- In Sandra and Woo, Larisa calls her parents, Jelena and Ivan, by their first names. It's part of her laissez-faire attitude about life in general.
- In Kevin & Kell, after Fenton officially gets engaged to Lindesfarne, he starts calling Kevin by his first name, at his suggestion.
- In Close Encounters, a new transfer student allows the male protagonist to use her first name, which he finds shocking since they just met.
- Squid Row We should be on a first-name basis.
- Memoria Just Lucas, not Mr. Lucas.
- Most General Protection Fault employees begin by calling Dwayne "Mr. Duncan" or "sir", but eventually switch to his first name.
- In Sleepless Domain, after their first night of hunting monsters together and a talk the next day, Heartful Punch gives Undine permission to use her real name, Kokoro. This is significant because HP considers "Kokoro" an Embarrassing First Name and generally prefers to go by Heartful Punch, or HP for short. Even members of HP's training club don't call her Kokoro, describing it as the "Forbidden Name", treating it like a Berserk Button, and being surprised she's okay with Undine's use of it.
First Name Basis / Web Comics
Examples of First-Name Basis in Web Comics