Film: Your Sister's Sister
Iris invites her friend Jack to stay at her family's island getaway after the death of his brother. At their remote cabin, Jack's drunken encounter with Hannah, Iris' sister, kicks off a revealing stretch of days.
This film provides examples of:
- All Lesbians Want Kids: Hannah, though averted with her ex, Pam.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: The sex that occurs between Jack and Hannah? He doesn't know it at the time, but he finds out later that it's rape by fraud (compare to what Julian Assange has been accused of) when he realized that the condom Hannah provide was only meant to look like a condom, but not act like one. Jack freaks out, but after an extended quasi-Sad Times Montage where he has a lot of time to himself to reflect, he decides that not only is it worthy of a joke, but also that he is willing to be in a platonic relationship with Hannah to help raise the kid.
- Of course, the same extended quasi-montage involves Iris forgiving Hannah for sleeping with her would be boyfriend and starting acting like it's nothing whatsoever. Of course, she never seems to be concerned with how her sister manipulated her would-be boyfriend.
- Last Disrespects: Played with. The heart-warming story told at the memorial party about how Tom was inspired by Hotel Rwanda to volunteer at a shelter in Seattle goes over well with everyone except Jack, who thinks that remembering his brother's virtues and ignoring his faults is this trope. Jack's own story meanwhile, which toasts the cynical realization his bullying teenage brother had upon watching Revenge of the Nerds that he'd need to act nicer to have people like him, is viewed as this by the rest of remembermancers.
- Like Father, Like Son: Upon discovering that Emily's father had a habit for jumping from partner to partner, all of whom were of a certain *type*, Jack points out the parallels to Emily's own penchant for formulaic flings with floppy haired, skinny-jeaned boys.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: At first it seems as though either Emily Blunt or Rosemarie DeWitt are guilty of this as both use their own accents despite being siblings. However, it is later revealed that this is due to their age gap and the fact their divorced father emigrated to England.
- Sad Times Montage: A fairly long one while Jack comes to terms with his own issues, and Iris & Hannah overcome their own falling out.