Waydowntown is a film directed by Gary Burns, released in 2000 which explores office driven culture. The film takes place in Calgary, Alberta, where many downtown buildings are connected by a network of skywalks called Plus 15. As a result, the hustle and bustle of the main street has been replaced by recirculated air, food courts, and fluorescent lights. This is the setting for Burns' sardonic comedy about Canadian corporate culture.Tropes include:
- Butt Monkey: sadly I'm Bradley. Tom also counts.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Phil the security guard.
- The Eeyore: Sadly I'm Bradley.
- Emo Teen: Adult version with Phil the security guard.
- Hysterical Woman: Sandra.