Film: Virtual Sexuality
A 1999 teen Rom Com, made and set in Britain.17-year-old Justine bemoans being a virgin so, after being stood-up on a date, goes to a virtual reality exhibition with friend Chas. and comes across a virtual makeover machine which she uses to create a 3-D image of her perfect man. After a freak power surge Justine finds herself inside that body, made flesh. She names herself "Jake", and moves in with Chas to try and come to terms with being a teenage boy.Jake then realises that an unaltered version of Justine is still around unaware of his existence. This unaltered Justine, on meeting Jake, falls for him unaware of the complications this poses. Jake fends her off by feigning interest in the infamous local man-eater known as "the Hoover".A frustrated Justine then decides she must lose her virginity at any cost, and dates town sleaze Alex to achieve this. As the big date looms, Chas and Jake do all they can to thwart Justine's plans.The acting and plot are pretty so-so, but the film is notable for inverting a number of Rom Com cliches and presenting a pro-sex message.
- Beautiful All Along: A male example with Chas
- Clone Degeneration
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Not even lightning - a giant power surge somehow creates a real person from a virtual reality makeover machine. Somehow!
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: And neither is a woman, at least in Justine's mind.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman : A rare female-turned-male version, where the woman turned man (kinda, sorta), looks down at her new... appendage (out of shot) and not only enjoys the view but even wiggles it about (with loud slapping noises off his thighs!)
- Really Gets Around: The Hoover