Film: Viking Women and the Sea Serpent
A 1957 Roger Corman film whose actual title is The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent.A group of lonely Viking women build a ship and set off across the sea to locate their missing menfolk, only to fall into the clutches of the barbarians that also hold their men captive. There is a cameo appearance by the sea serpent.For the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version, please go to the episode recap page.
- Action Girl: The titular Viking women.
- Amazon Brigade: Ditto.
- Beta Couple: Ottar and Thyra.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Senya is very unhappy when Desir saves him from the boar.
- Dark Is Evil: Enger
- Deus ex Machina: Enger invokes this by praying to the gods to save Desir and Vedric by making it rain. Which they do.
- Distressed Dude: The Viking men, initially.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Enger
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Stark claims the Viking women as his slaves, and it's pretty clear what he has planned for them.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Senya gets nailed by Thor's own lightning bolt.
- Long Title: As mentioned, The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent.
- Love Makes You Evil: Enger.
- The Mole: Enger.
- The One Guy: Ottar, for the first chunk of the film.
- The Power of Love: Stark decides to test the strength of Desir and Vedric's love by burning both of them alive and promising to free whichever of them begs for mercy first. Both insist that the other should be saved.
- Redemption Equals Death: Enger.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Senya scorns the idea of going boar-hunting with the Viking women and is humiliated when Desir saves his life from said boar.
- Woman Scorned: Enger.