Supermodel Alison Parker (Cristina Raines) moves into a nice Brooklyn Heights apartment, and finds out the tenant on the top floor of her building is a blind priest. Pretty soon, she starts having strange physical problems, trouble sleeping, and flashbacks to her attempted suicide.Not to be confused with the 1990s TV show, or the 2006 movie starring Michael Douglas and Kiefer Sutherland.
This movie contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Charles Chazen, heavily implied to be Satan himself.
- Broken Bird: Alison has issues due to her father being abusive, which caused her to lose her faith and attempt suicide.
- Christianity Is Catholic: The Catholic Church is responsible for preventing the door to Hell from being opened. Alison is also a non-practicing Catholic at the beginning.
- Dead All Along: The other residents of Alison's apartment building. Used to great effect when Alison talks with Michael at the end.
- Evil All Along: Michael, who had his wife murdered so that he could be with Alison.
- Eye Scream: While fighting off the corpse of her dead father, Alison cuts his eye with a knife.
- Fan Disservice: A flashback shows a young Alison walking in on a threesome her elderly father is having with two obese women.
- Those Two Guys: Detectives Gatz and Rizzo.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Alison ends up becoming the next sentinel, despite trying to escape this fate.