Film: The Prince And Me
A 2004 Romantic Comedy about the developing relationship between a premed student (Paige Morgan- played by Julia Stiles) and a Danish Prince (Edvard),a playboy who decided to attend college in America in order to party as much as possible. Edvard, or "Eddie" orders his chaperone to help him keep his identity quiet, and hides it from his fellow students, including Paige. Despite a rather poor beginning, the two eventually get along, learn from each other, and fall in love. However, when Eddie's identity is inevitably revealed, drama ensues due to the clash between Paige's dreams of becoming a doctor and his responsibilities as a crown prince.Despite barely being noticed when it came out, the film has spawned a direct-to-video franchise. The Prince and Me 4 came out in 2009.
This Film Contains Examples Of:
- Artistic License: To the point where you wonder why on earth they even bothered to pick Denmark instead of a fictional kingdom, since they clearly had no intentions of actually making it resemble Denmark in any way.
- Love Epiphany- Paige realizes she's in love with Eddie in the middle of an oral presentation
- Opposites Attract
- The Other Darrin: Eddie, played in the first two films by Luke Malby, is replaced by Chris Geere for the remainder; Julia Stiles only showed up in the first film, with Kam Heskin in the role thereafter.
- Prince Charming: Eddie is a play-boy royal who quotes Shakespeare like some duke-lord guy.
- Rebel Prince: Eddie goes to college to get away from his life as a prince
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: While pretending to be a normal college student, Prince Edvard has to learn to deal aspects of life he had no previous experience with
- Sex Tourism- Eddie picks his college because it was featured in a Girls Gone Wild advertisement