(aka The Lamp
) is a 1987 Slasher Movie
, which has a genie from a lamp
as its killer.
Three robbers broke into an old woman's house, lured in by rumours of her fortune. They set loose a jinn from a lamp which she has been guarding for over 90 years, which kills them. The lamp in question then find its way to a museum, where its inhabitant starts killing teenagers who decided to stay in there after closing hours.
This film has the examples of:
- Acting for Two: Deborah Winters plays both Eve the teacher and the Arab Woman.
- An Axe to Grind: Harley of the robbers grabs an axe he finds on Old Arab Woman's front yard when they arrive on her house.
- Badass Teacher: Eve, who subdues Mike with a pointer.
- Barrier-Busting Blow: The jinn busts through several metal doors to get to Alex's dad.
- Butterfly Knife: Mike whips out one when he is fighting Ted.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Mike, who's a jealous, violent and racist ex-boyfriend of Alex's. Which makes him the perfect Asshole Victim.
- Deadly Rotary Fan: Jinn kills Dr. Wallace by lifting him to a rotary fan, which decapitates him.
- Demonic Possession: The jinn briefly possesses Old Arab Woman's corpse to kill Harley.
- Later, the jinn possesses Alex when she removes the cork from the lamp.
- Genie in a Bottle: The jinn resides in a lamp, and starts killing whenever it is released.
- Final Girl: Alex.
- Fingore: The jinn possesses a mummified corpse to bite of two of Ted's fingers.
- Guttural Growler: The jinn.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Max is cut in half in the pool after the genie is released.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The opera-loving guard is impaled by a floating spear.
- Literal Genie: As Alex put on the bracelet that marks her as the jinn's keeper, her wish is its command. Unfortunately, it is the one that she made during with a fight with her dad.
- Neck Snap: The jinn kills Tony by twisting his neck.
- No Name Given: The woman who owned the lamp is only named as the Old/Young Arab Woman by the credits.
- Opera: One of the two guards of the museum is a big opera fan, and is quite skilled singing it too.
- Rape as Drama: After locking up Terry, Mike and Tony go to rape his girlfriend Gwen. Then the Jinn kills them.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The jinn resurrects a bunch of snakes to kill Babs and later Terry.
- Shout Out: Mike's buddy says "They're heeere" to him after the closing hours of the museum.
- Sickly Green Glow: When not shown physically, the jinn is represented as a green spirit.
- The Stinger: After the credits, the opera-loving guard is shown giving a bow.
- The Titling
- Token Minority Couple: Gwen and Terry.