The Odd Life of Timothy Green is a 2012 Disney movie. It stars a couple, Cindy and Jim Green, as they tell an adoption agency the story of a strange boy. After burying a box full of their wishes for a perfect kid, they meet Timothy (CJ Adams), a boy with leaves on his legs.
- Bittersweet Ending: Timothy disappears, but Cindy and Jim are able to get a child.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good:Jim: (while Timothy is playing soccer) GO TIMMY!
Cindy's sister: Has he been drinking!?
- Framing Device: The entire movie is the story told to the adoption agency.
- Hate Sink: Cindy's sister is portrayed as a complete snob who belittles Cindy at every turn and openly mocks Timothy on several occasions.
- Here We Go Again!: Invoked by the Greens when the adoption agency's agent asks them what they will do if they get a child:Jim: We'll make better mistakes (than the ones we just told you about dealing with Timothy).
- How We Got Here: The Framing Device is the Greens talking to an adoption agency's officer some time after the events of the film have passed.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Cindy and Jim both want to be parents, but the latter is infertile.
- Meaningful Name: Timothy Green, given that he has leaves on his legs.
- Motifs: Pencils and leaves.
- Mundane Made Awesome: An entire town that thrives from the local pencil factory, which has a museum, and Jim's attempt to create a new kind of pencil on the third act is a montage given the same gravitas as sending a man to the moon.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The adoption agent doesn't seem to think that the Greens' story is too weird.