Provides examples of:
- Apocalypse How: The Wizard attempts a Class 5 once he gets the power of the BFS and the golden brain. It's only after he dies then the Earth goes back to normal.
- Back Story: There's more going on in the prologue's infodump than in most movies' entire plot. And none of it makes any damn sense. For example, we're told that Earth is destroyed at least twice, yet the planet later seems to be okay. (As best anyone can tell, Earth got blown up into pieces, which somehow became their own planets... Yeah, that doesn't help, does it?)
- The first 5 or so minutes aren't the only infodump. There's another one given halfway through the movie with even more hilarious stuff. Did you know that Jesus Christ fought aliens and formed his own superpowered group called the 13th tribe?
- Barehanded Blade Block: Murat did this a couple of times.
- BFS: The sword may not look very impressive, but at least it's big.
- Casanova Wannabe: Ali claims to have an irresistible charm but he couldn't get any women in the entire movie except the queen.
- Conflict Ball: Ali gets an egregious one and gives the Wizard in disguise the BFS and golden brain, which gives him enough power to destroy Earth.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Being buried in dirt. Not even enough that the heroes couldn't just sit up. Oh, and pressing styrofoam blocks to the chest and wrapping phone cords around them? Oooooooookayyyyyyy...
- Creator Provincialism: "Two Turkish pilots and some other people went off to battle."
- The sequel went overboard with this, to the point where it becomes unintentionally hilarious.
- Deadpan Snarker: Murat[Ali whistles the sound no woman can resist. Mooks arrive to attack them.]
Murat: You played the wrong tune.
Murat: We got skeletons instead of women.
- Driving a Desk: In the opening space battle, Ali and Murat pretend to pilot starfighters while Stock Footage from Star Wars is projected onto the wall behind them.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Shown a couple of times using the destruction of Alderaan clip.
- Fuuma Shuriken: The main villain attempts to kill the protagonist with large paper ninja stars. However, he misses with most of them and the rest get reflected back and go boom.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Both horizontally and vertically.
- Infant Immortality: Averted. The monsters attack and kill civilian children.
- Infodump: This movie is the Infodump Truck.
- Jump Cut: Many, and very conspicuous.Spoony: The transitions in this movie are so abrupt that I'm getting whiplash.
- Leitmotif: How many times can they play the Indiana Jones theme? Guess. Nope, more than that.
- The opening also contains very brief segments of the music from Battlestar Galactica and Flash Gordon.
- Life Drinker: The Wizard maintains his immortality by drinking the blood and consuming the brains of human beings he captures.
- Love at First Sight: Between Murat and his love interest.
- Made of Iron: Murat and Ali crashland on the desert planet and they are still able to walk fine with no scratches or bruises.
- Made of Plasticine: Murat and Ali can punch through their monster foes or tear their limbs right off, all with their bare hands.
- Made of Explodium: Rocks. Paper ninja stars. Enemy mooks' heads.
- Mood Whiplash: Because of the very poor editing, many scenes unintentionally end up making these.
- Mook Chivalry: Seen in several fight sequences.
- Oddly Shaped Sword: The magic gold sword is shaped like some kind of lighting bolt.
- Power Fist: For the final showdown, the protagonist melts down his magic BFS and a magic golden brain and turns them into a pair of magic gloves and magic boots.
- Plot Hole: You could say this movie has a few.
- Ragnarok-Proofing: Even though the Earth has been destroyed several times over the course of thousands of years, the Egyptian Pyramids and the inside of a church are still in pristine condition.
- Random Events Plot: This is a movie where things just happen.
- Spoiler Title
- Scenery Porn: It may not be impressive but the mountains of the desert setting are pretty nice to look at.
- Stock Footage: Lifted from Star Wars, of course, as well as from the less recognizable films Sodom and Gomorrah and The Magic Sword. Made even worse/better by frequently being shown in the wrong aspect ratio, with results like an egg-shaped Death Star. It stands out just a little bit from the original footage for this film. To make it worse, there's frequently no context for using this footage in the first place.
- Styrofoam Rocks: Evident when Murat ties these to his legs for training and manages to jump like he's on the moon.
- Tin-Can Robot: The main villain's servant is one, although made of rubber. Shout-Out to Robbie The Robot in Forbidden Planet.
- Title DropAli: Do you think you're the man who saved the world?
Murat: No more than you think youself to be flirty.
- Theme Music Powerup: The Battlestar Galactica main theme.
- Training Montage: Possibly the most unintentionally hilarious one ever.
- The Voiceless: Murat's love interest, who forbade herself to speak at all to keep the secret of the BFS safe until someone mortal holds it.
- Wuxia: When you look at it, it's pretty much a kung fu movie IN SPACE!
- You Have Failed Me: The Wizard turns his queen into a zombie and then a spider when she fails to seduce Ali.
- Your Head A Splode: In fact, your head makes a good grenade.