Film: The Fly
The Fly can refer to various works:
- A short story by George Langelaan.
- A 1958 Vincent Price horror movie based on the above story.
- The 1986 David Cronenberg remake of that film.
- The 1989 sequel to Cronenberg's film.
- Oh, and Howard Shore turned it into an opera.
These films provide examples of the following:
- Body Horror: Across all incarnations it's the story of a man who becomes a fly, or something like it.
- Merging Machine: All involve a scientist getting merged with a fly - half and half in the original (though the 1958 has both the head and left arm of the scientist and fly get reversed - the sequel Curse of the Fly has the iconic "man with fly head and vice-versa"), wholesome in 1986.
- Science Is Bad
- Tragic Monster: Most of the humanflies.