Film: The Curiosity Of Chance
A 2006 film about sixteen-year-old Chance Marquis, an American boy who transfers to an International high school, somewhere in Europe, during the 1980's, after his Army father is transfered. Chance is a nonconformist, showing up for his first day in a top hat and tails, and openly gay. The film follows Chance through his junior year, as he deals with a bullying jock, his father and his self-identity, which may occasionally involve wearing a dress.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Sienna, Chance's sister.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Chance Marquis
- Big Damn Kiss: Chance and Levi at the very end. Maybe.
- Camp Gay: Chance, part time, and the drag queens all the time.
- Coming-of-Age Story
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Chance and his sister, Sienna, refer to their Army father as "Sir."
- Jerk Jock: Brad, who takes great delight in tormenting Chance
- Lovable Jock: Despite some waffling due to peer pressure, Levi ends the movie as this.
- Missing Mom: Chance and Sienna's mother died sometime before the movie
- Open-Minded Parent: Despite the fact that he's in the Army and it's the 80's, Chance's father doesn't blink at the fact that his son is gay and wants to perform wearing his mother's dress.
- Sassy Black Girl: Twyla
- The '80s
- '80s Hair
- The Unfavorite: Chance thinks this is his role in the family
- Unreliable Narrator: Chance openly admits to some events being dream sequences, and teases whether Big Damn Kiss at the end was real or not.
- You Are Grounded: Happens to Levi