Film: The Crush
Darian Forrester: Nick, ever do a virgin?
Nick Eliot: What?
Darian Forrester: I know you want to.The Crush is a 90's thriller movie. Before Clueless and before Batman & Robin, this was Alicia Silverstone's very first movie role in Hollywood.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Darian/Adrian and her friend Cheyenne.
- Ax-Crazy: Darian maniacally dices lemons with a knife after seeing Nick and Amy in bed together, and in the film's climax, attacks Nick and her father with a crowbar.
- Coy, Girlish Flirt Pose: Darian does this to Nick in his room after they meet.
- Dub Name Change: Darian's name was changed to Adrian for the DVD release. This was due to Alan Shapiro getting sued by a woman with the same name as the character, whom he based the script on. However, it stays Darian on the VHS and Laserdisc releases. More info here.
- Ephebophile: Inverted. Nick is increasingly uncomfortable with the way Darian comes onto him.
- Everything's Worse with Bees: Adrian does this to Amy when she's processing her pictures in the darkroom shed.
- Fille Fatale
- Frameup: After Nick continues to refuse Darian's advances, she frames him for raping her. This leads him to get arrested and fired from his job.
- Harassing Phone Call: Darian phoned Nick so much there are almost 100 messages on his answering machine.
- Haven't You Seen X Before?:Adrian 'Darian' Forrester: What's the matter, haven't you ever seen a Valiant before?
- Here We Go Again: A now committed Adrian develops a crush on her psychiatrist. The film ends on a Kubrick Stare of her face after she spots her doctor's wedding photo.
- Lolicon: Inverted to a more deadly example.
- Lust Object: What Darian sees in Nick, despite being underage. She starts to see her doctor at the psych ward the same way.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Adrian loves Nick so much she's willing to kill his girlfriend and her own friend to get him. Luckily, she doesn't succeed.
- Punched Across the Room: Nick grabs the crowbar out of Adrian's hand and gently taps her off the carousel and across the room in such a way that you wonder if it was meant to be serious or not.
- Psychotic Lover
- Rape as Drama: Subverted. Darian makes up a lie about being raped when she's at the police station to frame Nick.
- Smitten Teenage Girl
- Stalker Shrine: In Nick's house, only for him to nail it shut.
- Stalker with a Crush: Adrian Forrester (or "Darian" in the original release). Also, pretty much the whole plot of the movie, hence the title "The Crush."
- X Meets Y: Lolita meets Fatal Attraction. The only way the poster could make the Lolita influence any more obvious is if her sunglasses were heart-shaped.