Darian Forrester: Nick, ever do a virgin?
Nick Eliot: What?
Darian Forrester: I know you want to.The Crush is a 90's thriller movie about a teenager who becomes dangerously obsessed with an older man who is renting a room from her parents. Before Clueless and before Batman & Robin, this was Alicia Silverstone's very first movie role in Hollywood.No relation to the web serial of the same name.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Darian/Adrian and her friend Cheyenne.
- Ax-Crazy: Darian maniacally dices lemons with a knife after seeing Nick and Amy in bed together, and in the film's climax, attacks Nick and her father with a crowbar.
- Bee Afraid: Adrian releases a swarm of wasps upon Amy when she's processing her pictures in the darkroom shed.
- Coy, Girlish Flirt Pose: Darian does this to Nick in his room after they meet.
- Dub Name Change: Darian's name was changed to Adrian for the DVD release. This was due to Alan Shapiro getting sued by a woman with the same name as the character, whom he based the script on. However, it stays Darian on the VHS and Laserdisc releases. More info here.
- Ephebophile: Inverted. Nick is increasingly uncomfortable with the way Darian comes onto him.
- Frameup/False Rape Accusation: After Nick continues to refuse Darian's advances, she frames him for raping her. This gets him arrested and fired from his job.
- Harassing Phone Call: Darian phoned Nick so much there are almost 100 messages on his answering machine.
- Haven't You Seen X Before?:Adrian 'Darian' Forrester: What's the matter, haven't you ever seen a Valiant before?
- Here We Go Again: A now committed Adrian develops a crush on her psychiatrist. The film ends on a Kubrick Stare of her face after she spots her doctor's wedding photo. As well, when Nick finds the multitude of letters she's sent to him, it's obvious she isn't even over him as yet.
- Lolicon/Ephebophile: Inverted to a more deadly example.
- Lust Object: What Darian sees in Nick, despite being underage. She starts to see her doctor at the psych ward the same way.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Adrian loves Nick so much she's willing to kill his girlfriend and her own friend to get him. Luckily, she doesn't succeed.
- Punched Across the Room: Nick grabs the crowbar out of Adrian's hand and gently taps her off the carousel and across the room in such a way that you wonder if it was meant to be serious or not.
- Rape as Drama: Subverted. Darian makes up a lie about being raped when she's at the police station to frame Nick.
- Recycled In Space: Often referred to as Fatal Attraction meets Lolita
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Darian, taken to Yandere degrees.
- Stalker Shrine: Nick discovers a creepy shrine that Adrian made to him in his own basement, and nails it shut.
- Stalker with a Crush: Adrian Forrester (or "Darian" in the original release). Also, pretty much the whole plot of the movie, hence the title "The Crush."
- Yandere: One of the creepiest ones this side of Fatal Attraction.