- Actor Allusion: Implied; at one point Patricia confides in Dr. Foster in a brief midnight meeting, but the next day he claims no memory of it. They both immediately assume that Dr. Lorenz must have hypnotized him.
- Asshole Victim: The film introduces us to Countess Lorenz suffering from her "illness"; but just as we begin to feel sympathy for her plight, she shows herself to be more than a willing accomplice in her husband's amoral activities. She even slaps Patricia for absolutely no reason upon first meeting her, just to up her bitch quotient.
- The hunchback servant could count too, but he at least has the figleaf of being mentally stunted.
- Cosmic Deadline: Dr. Foster proposes to Patricia during the phony wedding ploy. The film doesn't say how long it takes them to implement this ploy, but it was suggested one whole day after the two of them met.Patricia: Looks just like a real wedding, doesn't it?
Foster: Too bad it isn't... ours.
- The Dog Bites Back: No, Bela, you should not strangle a mentally handicapped man and then leave his diminutive brother to die by police shooting; their mother will not take this well.
- Fainting: Patricia does this a lot.
- Fountain of Youth: What Dr. Lorenz is creating from the juices he extracts from the "dead" brides, for the sake of his withering wife. Can't reach the naipe, apparently.
- Go Look at the Distraction: Dr. Lorenz's henchmen set up a car fire to distract the police escort away from a hearse so they can steal the body.
- Intrepid Reporter: Is what Patricia wants to be. In reality, she's more a "social events" reporter, i.e. weddings/engagements, who visited whom, etc. Ironically, this puts her in perfect position to get hot on the trail of the "bride killer", and her editor gives her rein to do so.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Dr. Foster explicitly states that Dr. Lorenz's skills are wide-ranging; he is not only a botanist (specializing in poisonous orchids), but also a medical doctor, and possibly a psychologist and hypnotist as well.
- Tempting Fate: Practically every word out of the second bride's mouth.
- Too Dumb to Live: A series of brides fall over dead at the alter. Do other soon-to-be brides postpone their own weddings until a cause is figured out? No, they just go along as planned and add their names to the list of victims.